• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Istanbul Pic

Rumeli Fortress....old ceramic mosque
    Attached Files
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Loool at rep....who did I go with??

Maybe I got married and went with Mr Jen. Nosey.....or maybe I went on my own.....
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Princes Island

Sulayman Masjid

Topkapi Palace - fab calligraphy
        Attached Files
        وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Good pics!

Did you end up going to Aya Sofia?
          Did you eat at Mado!? Their baklava is best <3

I don't know Istanbul is...it's too busy, I get what you mean about not capturing you. InshAllah in the future you can come to some of the older cities here, or Cyprus is great for soul-capturing. Istanbul is an exciting place, but I don't see the poetry others do there...always worth a visit though. I hope you stocked up on some nice hijabs <3! I loved the blue mosque/masjid too, that was probably my favorite thing I saw there.

Comment

We did all the touristy things alhumdollilah. I fell in love at Topkapi - just seeing things that belonged to Nabi :saw:, Ambiyaah a.s. and the Sahaabah r.a was really really special. I was completely taken in by the Imaamah of Nabi Yusuf a.s.....I was stood for ages, lost in my thoughts. ...

No, I didn't ear at Mado, although Hafiz Mustafa baklava was delicious....was sooooo good. I loved ayran too!

It was good, but it just didn't captivate my heart.....moments where is captured my soul, the adhaan, individual conversations, moments of beauty....

It made me sad, that the Muslims at one point had so much power, prestige, wealth, and now weve lost it all in the pursuit of this paltry dunya...

It was modern in a heartbreaking way....I saw many pockets of Turkish Islam preserved but generally not. ...alcohol, immodesty, smoking, all rife.

Lots of emphasis on Quran, alhumdollilah.....May Allah swt strengthen the Muslim worldwide and revive our spirituality.

Would I recommend it, yes.
            Will I go back, inshaAllah.....though not soon
            وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Where's the kebab pics?

Comment

Looool, sorry...

Majority of food places sold alcohol - so I avoided all meat whilst out there. Just wasn't comfortable with the idea of eating meat out there.
                وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                  Baklava.....Turkish delight.....
                  That woman is on snapchat

Nice pics

Comment

These pics make me wanna go on holiday...like anywherrreeee lol
                    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Mashallah, beautiful pics.

Comment

Working...
                      X