Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swollen Eyelid and Wudu

Salam,

My upper eyelid is swollen, and is very watery. It is quite painful to the touch, and I am dreading washing my face in wudu.

I heard you can wipe instead of wash, but even if I wipe it'll hurt alot. But that's not all, even if I wash the surround areas of the eye, it will still hurt the eye (because when you wipe your face you stretch the skin, and it tugs on my eye). So can I just not clean it at all?

How exactly shall I do wudu. Can I just not wash the eye, and then WIPE the surrounding areas to avoid pain, then wash areas like the chin, ears, left eye and if I can, my forehead, in order to avoid pain. Because it hurts.....alot :-(

Re: Swollen Eyelid and Wudu

Seriously?! No answers yet, lol. This is an urgent situations, so please, any help will be appreciated. Allah bless you.

Comment

:salams

I'd try to wash the eye area as best as I can, and leave it to Allah SWT, if washing it like normal hurts, then wipe it. If that hurts, then do as much as you can without causing further pains or damage.

Let water touch gently your eyes closed. Take a handful of water and gently wipe it on your face without any pressure just let it touch etc. Like in the shower, let the water flow.. Do your best.

Allahu alam.
      La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
      (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
      Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

wa aleikum asalam

I had this recently mine was swollen shut on one side and I had a dressing on it and the doc said I wasn't allowed to get it wet and I told him about wudu and he said but you cannot, it won't heal and it's your eye! I asked the Imam where I live and he said leave it and wash round it that it would be ok.

I hope it heals soon sis, may Allah swt ease the pain of it in sha Allah

Comment

I've had this for years. Alergic reaction that swells up my eyes then turns into an infection. Or could simply be an infection. Eyes get clogged and voila.

Basically wash with warm water regularly, do warm compression on it. Blackseed is actually a remedy for it as I came to find out. I use blackseed oil and use a q-tip, dip and then tap lightly over the top of the lid (burns when it gets in eye be careful). Can also get a prescription for an optalehmic antibiotic.

Don't touch anything from outside with your eyes basically as it increases chances for infections.

Also get adequate sleep. I've notice dwhen I have increased stress and lack of sleep I have greater chance to get this, don't know why but it just happens like so for me.

I had it so bad once I had to be put on 1.5 months of oral antibiotics... it killed my immune system then i ended up with bronchitis so avoid antibiotics if u can. Blackseed helped me even with the bronchitis (another use of blackseed oil look it up on webmd)

May Allah subhanawatala give u shifa, i know how annoying, painful and urgh this is.

Comment

Ahmed, stress weakens your immune system and your body falls sick easily, that could be why.
            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by ssh View Post
              wa aleikum asalam

I had this recently mine was swollen shut on one side and I had a dressing on it and the doc said I wasn't allowed to get it wet and I told him about wudu and he said but you cannot, it won't heal and it's your eye! I asked the Imam where I live and he said leave it and wash round it that it would be ok.

I hope it heals soon sis, may Allah swt ease the pain of it in sha Allah
              Lol, I am a male :-) But thanks for the kind words

Comment

Originally posted by someone12 View Post
                Lol, I am a male :-) But thanks for the kind words
                Sorry brother, it was the nick that I didn't look properly, sorry.

Comment

Can you close your eyes and put water and then wipe it (dry the eyes spot) and open ur eyes?
                  My cooking Youtube channel:
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvc...UgRZfc4r8YJ0iQ

Don't abuse your body just to feel good, use your body right and you'll feel better - Sparty

Comment

I situations such as these you simply do as much as you can and don't make life difficult for yourself

so if you had a plaster caste on an arm you would do masah over the plaster and not getting it too wet

with your eye situation just do the action over the eye without touching it

Remember folks the issue of wudhu isn't complicated. If you have water and its freezing cold and not condusive to wudhu without being ill then just do tayamum, or in case of istinja just use paper

I appreciate that's not detailed but point is don't make it hard, you know if its hardship and hardship isn't leg falling off etc

Comment

bro, this may sound funny but it's a good solution:

dip your entire face in a bowl full of water; that's how you will get that eye lid wet too! ;); no need to wipe; just getting it wet is enough

Comment

Originally posted by Slave of Rehman View Post
                        bro, this may sound funny but it's a good solution:

dip your entire face in a bowl full of water; that's how you will get that eye lid wet too! ;); no need to wipe; just getting it wet is enough
                        Apparently I heard water must flow on your face when doing wudu, dipping isn't sufficient. Or I could be wrong, I am not expert , lol.

Comment

And by the way, thanks to Allah my eye is now better! I can wash my entire face without pain.

Comment

Working...
                          X