Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does ruqyah take?

Title says it all.

I was 100% convinced this would work and my health has actually gotten much worse not better since I stop using medication and started ruqyah. I have enough money for maybe one more ruqyah session and one more hijama session this month and then I have to stop as this is becoming far too expensive for negative results. I'm not even sure the raaqi will come back as he cancelled the last 4 sessions.

could I be doing something wrong?

Re: How long does ruqyah take?

Salam alaikum

No, just continue.

This happens, you will have bad days, but as long as you are doing your best and continuing with it then you will continue to see results inshAllah. This is often form the jinn, these thoughts about it not working.

I would just try and focus on what needs to be done, rather than focus on the reactions too much.

If you don't mind me asking, how has it got worse? It can be tackled from a specific angle if it's specific.

Are you able to recite the Quran? If not, even trying to learn it will help you a lot with the affliction. If you can't see a raqi, you can continue to do it yourself by listening to Quran/ruqyah as well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Also, how long it takes...this varies for person to person and is based on many factors- sometimes unknown to us, but it might become apparent later.

Some people are tested more than others, perhaps there is something they still need to learn, maybe Allah is elevating you further with this. Just know it's all good as long as you are turning to Allah. It will work in your favour inshAllah.

Comment

With hijamah you can do it yourself, especially dry cupping. With wet, I wouldn't unless you're really confident about it and know exactly what to do.

Comment

:salams

Put your medication back on? Also, do you pray 5 times a day?
          https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Did your medication work when you were using it?

Comment

I listen to Ruqyah everyday,for the last eight weeks. some days multiple times,sometime for several hours. At first I could only listen to 20mins max now I can do several hours. I usually do one "long day" of several hours of listening and one short day with only 1 hour on the short days it's a challenge to get out of bed after the longs days I am so sore.

Most mornings It feels life I've been physically beaten with a baseball bat. It's so incredibly painful,especially my joints. I am also getting severe migraine headaches and I have no energy at all,just doing basic things like walking to the kitchen to make something to eat exhausts me so much I need to lay down for a nap afterwards.

My left leg has gone from occaissionally hurting to being in constant pain everyday,somedays it hurts too much to walk. There been a couple nights the pain was in both my legs and was so extreme I couldn't sleep at all.

I have started reciting whole surahs in English on top the 1st ,throne ayah last parts of Al-baqarah and the the 3 quls. i got thru all of surah al-kafirun a few nights ago, It caused the most severe burning in my legs from the knees down. I don't think I can do that again. Felt like a blowtorch on my legs. I get a very strong reaction when I listen to arabic ruqyah audios and when I recite surahs in English but no reaction when I try to recite through transliteration of arabic. I don't know why that is.

I'm not hallucination or hearing things as much anymore and the nightmares have slow down but I still have some. The bouts of paralysis,twitches and seizures are getting much worse though.

I'm trying to stay positive but It feels like i'm being tortured. I'm running out of energy to fight back. I didn't think this would go on for months like this.

ps.

Next hijama day is the 30th of this month,I'm going to get someone to do the crown of my head,neck and upperback. I will do my two feet and hip myself the next day(2nd of October)

I never found a traditional anti-seizure medication that worked at all but I found some strains of Cannabis helped with the pain of my leg,shoulder and cured the seizures. I was growing my own strain for awhile and it was working so well I considered trying getting my drivers license back and going back to work. I was actually looking forward to get my life back together. I stopped the cannabis and painkillers completely as I keep hearing they are Khamr and it's not allowable. I'm seriously regretting that now and feel bad for regretting it. I still have seeds for that strains so I growing it again is an option.

Comment

Yes,kiro,I pray five times a day,say my athkar and avoid pretty much anything haram,don't freemix,only eat halal sunnah foods, Don't engage in riba,don;t watch ANY movies or TV or listen to music at all, etc.
                I generally do more than most born muslims do. I try to study the quran as much as I can and watch halaqa everyday to learn more.

Comment

Do you live alone?

It would be helpful if another brother could stay with you, a friend perhaps..also someone understanding and who will not freak out.

Do you take honey? It will hep with the fatigue, a tsp in the morning and a tsp in the evening.

Also, has your raqi given you recited olive oil to put on the painfull areas?

About the painkillers, I would speak to a scholar about this. If it helped you and you're are using it as medication, then it might be ok, since it's not the same as alcohol, whereas alcohol has been specifically forbidden in Quran and sunnah. I suggest you contact Dar ul ilm on the forum and ask him. I don't know.

You can also cup your legs. Some areas tend to be more painful than others as the magic tends to concentrates in certain areas, so you will find that the same spots need cupping. Once you know where to put the cups, you can do it yourself every time. Dry cupping can be any time, but you have to wait for the bruising to heal before you do it again.

Saying, "Asthaghfirullah wa athubu ilay" (I ask Allah's forgiveness and turn to him in repentance) 100 times in the morning and evening will help you immensely if you aren't already doing so. This is one of the sunnah way of asking for forgiveness from Allah. We all commit sins, when we repent our affairs are eased for us and things are made easy. Also try and keep doing some kind remembrance of whatever you know, like SubhanAllah, Alhamdulilllah, Allahu Akbar..do that continuously throughout the day whilst you are doing other tasks.

Don't forget to make dua (asking Allah). One thing you learn from this is that you learn to rely on Allah, ask Allah for when you are in pain, for when you find it hard to get something from the kitchen..just ask Him and say, Allah make his easy for me, guide me (etc) ameen. As you do this more often you will more at ease and inshAllah things will get better

The fact that you are getting pain and reactions means you are getting better even though it may not seem that way.

Also when you get pain, place you hand on that area and just recite whatever you know (from duas or Quran or even just bismillah) with the intention that you want Allah to take it away.
                  Last edited by Umm_Hanzalah; 20-09-15, 04:45 AM.

Comment

I know it can be frustrating, but you have to tell yourself that even if takes years you will continue, that way there is no way for waswasa about this. There is something good in it, you will be cured when the time is right for you and when it is best for you.

The fact that you strive to do more ibaadah than a lot of other people already tells you something. Allah has blessed you to do those things.
                    Last edited by Umm_Hanzalah; 20-09-15, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
                      Title says it all.

I was 100% convinced this would work and my health has actually gotten much worse not better since I stop using medication and started ruqyah. I have enough money for maybe one more ruqyah session and one more hijama session this month and then I have to stop as this is becoming far too expensive for negative results. I'm not even sure the raaqi will come back as he cancelled the last 4 sessions.

could I be doing something wrong?
                      Please don't just stop taking your meds. Continue the ruqyah, but take your meds too.
                      There is no disease that Allah has created, except that He also has created its remedy.”
                      Bukhari 7.582

Usamah ibn Shuraik narrated:
                      “… ‘O Allah’s Messenger! Should we seek medical treatment for our illnesses?’ He replied: ‘Yes, you should seek medical treatment, because Allah, the Exalted, has let no disease exist without providing for its cure, except for one ailment, namely, old age’.”
                      Tirmidhi

Taking proper care of ones health is considered by the Prophet Muhammad pbuh to be the right of the body.
                      Bukhari as-Sawm 55, an-Nikah 89, Muslim as-siyyam 183, 193, Nisai

The Prophet not only instructed sick people to take medicine, but he himself invited expert physicians for this purpose.
                      D.o.H. p.50, As-Suyuti’s Medicine of the Prophet p.125
                      “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

Comment

Umm Hanzalah

I do live alone and will continue to until I get married. I don't want to have any males room mates especially muslims from around here,very very few practicing muslims. Any that do practice live with their parents or are married. I don't want to be around hard drugs and strange women constantly and that's what I would have to put up with if I got a "muslims' room mate from around here, a pimp or a drug pusher.

I have been taking honey, but I think maybe too much? Went through a litre in 2 weeks.

I do my ishtigaar(Spelling?) everyday,at least 100 times,some days more up to 500(in sets of 100)

I have quranic olive oil but was getting low,down to a 1/5th of the bottle so I filled it up with more olive oil then shook the old and new together.

I was taking 75-110mg of codeine with 360-480mg of caffeine 1-3 times a day and could function reasonably well on that but I tend to get a tolerance within 7-10days and then stop. stopping after 7-10 days causes withdrawals so I get sick from that. codeine dulls the pain but doesn't eliminate it,I tried a few different pain killers but settled on codeine(before I came to islam) as it kills pain but you don't get the euphoria like morphine or oxycodone(percocet)

Can't really function with the pain but I don't want to become addicted either.

as soon as I figure out how to use the rep system I'll send you one

Sophia I don't think you saw the part about what kind of meds I was taking for the seizures,Cannabis aka marijuana. It was legalized in Canada for epilepsy but I never got the medical card because of the police/politics in my province. I was growing it myself so I didn't have to deal with street drug dealers.

Also the strain I was growing is not like the stuff kids smoke like skunk and kush. It was a medicinal strain from Hawaii,didn't have the same effects as weed you would buy on the street,didn't make you sleepy or forgetful. I was told by folks I knew when I was still a kaffir that it was some of the best they ever tried but it didn't really get me high at all,not like afghani weed and kush weed,it just stopped the seizure and allow me to get through the day without being in pain, I grew out probably 20 different kinds (that didn't work well) over 7 years before I found that one that did work well. Not something I would advocate but I was getting pretty desperate to stop the seizures and get back to living a normal life.

I'm still waiting actually.

Comment

If it doesn't get you high, doesn't have addictive side effects and doesn't affect your mental health then in my opinion you should take the cannabis. I know of people who've had to take narcotics for severe pain conditions and they say that if you find one that suits you, then it'll relieve the pain but without making you high- it's people who are healthy that take it for recreational uses that become high from it. The only thing to be really cautious of is if it becomes addictive to the point that you find you can't give it up even if the pain issue becomes a thing of the past and can end up in a vicious cycle but I get the impression you're savvy enough and have researched enough to buy a strain of this stuff that contains more of the medicinal properties and not so much of the khamr properties. If you can live with the pain or have a viable alternative then use that but if you really really can't cope then it's not like you'd be doing this for fun, it becomes a necessity. I can understand the sense of irony of a practising Muslim having that sort of thing in the house but needs must and all that. I've heard it's especially good at stopping seizures.
                          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I need to figure something out or something needs to happen soon. I'm reaching my breaking point. I don't enjoy praying at all,it's painful. I basically only eat,sleep,prayer and study and I'm becoming really depressed as I've lost all my friends and family and enjoyment in life. I understand there will be tests in life but this has gone way past being a test and is now into cruel torment. I met hardly any decent people going to the masjid and LOTS of hypocrites.

I urgently need something good to happen. Praying for the same thing everyday,and not getting anything positive and my situation only getting worse is killing my iman.

Comment

sorry if this doesn't sound helpful, my intention is to help

akhie have you checked out the raqi? I don't want to hurt you more than you are obviously hurting but its the most scammed area amongst muslims today. Its equivalent to the Nigerian prince asking you for bank details to share his legal money with

so please please people be aware of these people these people are often a source to misguidance than help

Comment

Working...
                              X