Life Plan: Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Plan: Breakfast

Since some of you asked for healthy alternatives, with diet. I'm going to put some very much doctor approved recipes for Breakfast, to keep you inshAllah on a healthy way of life.

Fruits & Nut Bowl:

-Choose your favorite fruits 1 cup (1 water glass)
    -Choose your favorite seeds/nuts (no more than 2 spoonfuls)

Add these together, you can top with: shaved coconut, 1 tsp honey, cinnamon/cloves (any spice), or a splash of milk

Banana Nut Wrap:

-1/4 cup any nut butter (peanut, cashew etc)
    -Big leafy lettuce leaves
    -2 bananas, cut into slices.

Spread butter onto the lettuce leaf (like a sandwich) and add the bananas inside, roll it up and your good to go.

Fruit & Nut Oatmeal:

-Try to use old fashioned rolled oats (or if you don't have just any oats/quick cooking) 1/4 cup *1/2 water glass*
    -1 banana sliced
    -1 apple chopped or grated
    -2 spoons of any nuts
    -1 2/3 cup water *3-4 water glasses*
    -1/4 tsp cinammon
    ***Any other fruits or variations you can add or subtract as you like

Cook water, spices, nuts and oatmeal until creamy in a saucepan, then add fruits until it's nice and hot to your liking. If you need some sweetness you can add a pinch of sugar, or a tea spoon of honey or add additional spice or a splash of milk

Healthy Omelette:

-No more than 3 eggs
    -tomatos, avocados, green peppers, mushrooms *any or all of them*
    -slight amount of milk
    -pepper, and spices to taste (a very light amount of salt is okay)

If you like your veggies to be soft and not with a crunch cook them first then remove them from the pan to add later.
    Whisk eggs and milk (enough milk to make it creamier but not too much), prepare your saucepan, add just enough oil to coat the pan but don't be excessive. When pans hot add the eggs mixture, you can add your spices at anytime in this process, add soft veggies (tomato, mushroom avocado), flip omelette when the underside is browned a bit, let it cook for a minute or two more than EAT.

Veggie Crepes:

-crepes (I can't make them so I can't give you a recipe, I'm so bad at trying so I have store bought)
    -any assortment of veggies
    -slight amount of salt/spices to taste.

Basically cook your veggies (less oil is better), set aside, make your crepes, you can use a bit of honey (for sweet veggies) or a very slight amount of cheese inside with the veggies. For toppings you can do a bit of plain yogurt, honey, salsa.

Smoothies and Juicing:

I will make a separate post later about great smoothie recipes. You can drink one smoothie or 1-2 glasses of juice (as in juice you make yourself, unless the store has REALLY high quality multi veggie juice) for breakfast as an alternative.

Juicing: I recommend juicing especially for those of you who just don't like vegetables, if you have a good formula for juicing you can intake those veggies that you normally don't.

Formula:
    1 apple + 3 carrots. <---mandatory in every juice, it is a great base flavor you can always build off of. You can also just juice these two and it's crazy delicious.
    + peaches (for a nice sweet drink)
    + kale (healthy and you don't taste it)
    + sweet potatoes/yams (it makes the juice foamy and creamy)
    + spinich/lettuce (seems silly to juice but it does get in there, and it's worth it for vitamins)
    + berries (adding is great for vitamins, but can affect taste to make more sour, so add an apple per 1-2 cup berries)
    + ginger (add a VERY SMALL AMOUNT, that crap is so dang strong in your drink...good for tummy aches, I'm talking like a fingernail size.)
    + cake (no you don't add freaking cake to juicing I'm just seeing if you catch this)
    + beets (makes a nice color, high in nutrition doesn't affect taste)
    + cucumbers (cools the drinks flavor)
    + oranges/other fruit (don't go crazy making only fruit smoothies, the point is to get some veggies in there)
    + peppers/other veggies (some veggies don't work for juicing (potatoes and onions), but most do, if you add peppers your drink just got spiccccy)

After the apple/carrot combo, you can add, 1-10 of those it's really up to you, juicing is about experimenting and if you start with apple/carrot you won't fail easy. If you mixed a bunch of stuff and your like "hey sis this aint much juice"...then add some apples, if your veggies/fruits are squishy = more water content, = more juice. I've juiced like 10 things, and had barely a cup and I was like whats up with THAT. These juicing recipe with the 1 apple + 3 carrot is for = 1 person. Double for 2, etc etc.

CONCLUSION: If you hadn't noticed, fruits and veggies are a big staple in these breakfast options. You can play around with the recipes significantly if you are creative, all of these are flexible to whats norm in your cultures so you can add/take what veggies/fruits you'd like and having dates in this program is a very smart idea (and a food our Prophet *pbuh* loved).
    You can additionally make a smoothie/juice to go along with these as a drink option.

Feel free to post your recipes...but here are some rules: LESS OIL, NO BUTTER, LESS TO NO CHEESE, NO MORE THAN A PINCH OF SALT/SUGAR. oh and PLEASE DONT QUOTE THIS ITS INSANELY LONG. I will personally yell at you if you quote all of this. You were warned, thanks hope this helped some of you on your path to fitness.

Re: Life Plan: Breakfast

This is a lot to do early in the morning (most of them anyway), can't see my wife going for it. I usually get either tea or egg and toast with tea. Maybe very rarely a biscuit or two or a slice of cake.

Or I might get a pancake or waffle if I'm making them for the kids. Breakfast is a low key affair in our house.

Comment

Life Plan: Breakfast

Jazakhallahu Khairan sister
      Really appreciate you taking the time to put this together :) Insha ' Allah I will try some of them. And will manage to upload food pics haha. Because even though I cant cook :( these seem pretty straightforward... even for me. :) lol. Love food so wanna learn how to cook Insha ' Allah and start experimenting in the kitchen.x
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
        This is a lot to do early in the morning (most of them anyway), can't see my wife going for it. I usually get either tea or egg and toast with tea. Maybe very rarely a biscuit or two or a slice of cake.

Or I might get a pancake or waffle if I'm making them for the kids. Breakfast is a low key affair in our house.
        Salaams
        You cant see your wife going for it you said...
        But no biggie, you go for it brother and make it for your wife Insha ' Allah :)
        You infractor....
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”

Comment

Bro, how could these take time, most of the recipes are just fruit! If you seriously don't have the time, why not introduce a shake or smoothie for breakfast to at least get the vitamins your body needs everyday. If THAT step is hard, take a multivitamin. Or just add a fruit to whatever you normally eat and babystep it. Even a banana.

The best roads in life to take, are the ones that require the most effort.

Anywho I have more recipes for the other meals, which will be as uncomplicated and cultural friendly as possible so if I didn't catch you for breakfast I will steal you for the other meals.

Comment

Mcdonalds breakfast is pretty fast ...... how good is the taste? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Anthanasia View Post
              Bro, how could these take time, most of the recipes are just fruit! If you seriously don't have the time, why not introduce a shake or smoothie for breakfast to at least get the vitamins your body needs everyday. If THAT step is hard, take a multivitamin. Or just add a fruit to whatever you normally eat and babystep it. Even a banana.

The best roads in life to take, are the ones that require the most effort.

Anywho I have more recipes for the other meals, which will be as uncomplicated and cultural friendly as possible so if I didn't catch you for breakfast I will steal you for the other meals.
              I've got a smoothie blender thingy and I've tried a variety of things, just don't like them. I prefer to chew some fruit than drink, but I know it's all good for me. Just prefer something simple and quick in the morning and warm as in cooked.

But I'm looking forward to the other recipes.

Comment

I think it depends on the weather and seasons as well. In the summer when you get more sweet and ripe fruits in season and the weather is hot, then it's more of a pleasure to start the day with fresh fruits or a fruit smoothie and both of those are ready in moments so convenient as well.

Once the weather cools down in the autumn though (and gets even worse in winter), you want something warming and comforting so an omlette could work or else crepes or waffles. I LOVE crepes and there are a ton of options as to what you can stuff them with. I sometimes stuff them with leftover salan such as alu methi or chicken or if I want to have sweet ones then I spread nutella on it or something. When I was little, our weekend brunch (I'd wake up too late on weekends for it to be breakfast time) was alu parathas YUUUM!
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I would like the smoothies and juicings but cautious about the intake of antioxidants. I once drunk a fruit smoothie and didn't read the "includes antioxidants" it was pretty nice sized bottle lol I regretted it later.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                    Mcdonalds breakfast is pretty fast ...... how good is the taste? ....
                    Don't think it's very healthy nor 100% beef as they claim

Comment

Originally posted by Salaf us salih View Post
                      Don't think it's very healthy nor 100% beef as they claim
                      of course its not healthy , its junk food , the leader in obesity and diabetes right after working at a job from 9-5.

Comment

Thanks for posting sis :)

Comment

had sweetcorn n mushroom pizza for breakfast today
                          felt guilty and not eaten since.

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                            had sweetcorn n mushroom pizza for breakfast today
                            felt guilty and not eaten since.
                            You should be ashamed of yourself. Pizza with no meat, what on earth were you thinking!

Comment

You should be ashamed of yourself. Pizza with no meat, what on earth were you thinking!
                              lol sorry. it was from pizza hut, so meats not halal there. don't like salami n peperoni on pizza, chicken n meatball are nice on pizza though

Comment

Working...
                              X