X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters only please

Salaam my beautiful sisters..

( Married or Divorcees ONLY)
    This is just a reminder for those ages 25 - 49 to please book a screening appointment for a smear test every 2 years..annually if any one in your family has suffered from cervical cancer!
    If you haven't had a cervical screening test within those years.. It's important that you do so as soon as possible.

If you suffer any type of abnormal bleeding between your monthly cycle then I urge you to book an Immediate appiontment this week.

I love you all for the sake of Allah swt.. Stay safe and well Insh' Allah
    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
    Guide me on your path to your janna,
    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Re: Sisters only please

Salaam my beautiful sister,
    i am not either of the above, just wanted to say Jazakhallahu Khairan for reminding the sisters.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

wa alaykum salam....

funny... I don't believe in the screening tests. If you are married, and you both are chaste and only with each other, have no history of cancers in your family, have never been with anyone other than your husband.... your risk of cervical cancer is the same as brain cancer or blood cancer... but we don't queue up to have a brain scan every 2 years and blood tests every 6 months....

I'm sure your reminder is with all good intentions, but let's be realistic. its a ridiculous test to undergo when you are a low risk candidate and quite frankly some scholars will tell you its haram to uncover yourself like that to test for something that may occur at some time in the future with no guarantee of any risk that you would even get cervical cancer.
      but since we live in societies where people live filthy lives they need to screen for such things regularly.

however if you meet criteria for being high risk then go ahead, otherwise you're just uncovering yourself for nothing.
      also, the amount of false positives that result in people being treated for 'cancer' that would never have deceloped is also ridiculous. do some research if you don't believe me
      Falling over toys....

Comment

^^

It's important for all!! woman who are married or were married to do this test and maintain their attention on their health.. Cervical cancer is very common and many die from it and this test can detect it sooner, before it spreads.

I done my bit as a Muslima to warn other sisters who maybe at risk.. ignoring it, wont make it disappear.. sisters are dying as we speak from it and leaving their families behind..

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
          ^^

It's important for all!! woman who are married or were married to
          do this test and maintain their attention on their health.. Cervical cancer is very common and many die from it and this test can detect it sooner, before it spreads.

I done my bit as a Muslima to warn other sisters who maybe at risk.. ignoring it, wont make it disappear.. sisters are dying as we speak from it and leaving their families behind..

no one is denying that women are dying and leaving theie families behind all the time. so are men.
          people die fr everything all the time

take time to look at the society you live in and why it is so common. perhaps then we would also screen for STDs ans aids regularly.
          but a practising muslim has as much risk of catching a std as climbing mt everest.

if you're low risk its a unnecessary test.

you've missed the point and failed to understand. you have as much chance as dying from brain cancer or stomach cancer. do you go test for that regularly?
          Falling over toys....

Comment

HPV test
            We now know that the vast majority of cervical cancers are caused by a virus – the human papillomavirus, or HPV – and in the absence of this virus, cervical cancer is extremely rare.
            source.
            http://www.abc.net.au/health/thepuls...25/4185331.htm

now go learn what is hpv and how it is spread....
            and then you'll see 2 practising muslims makes a woman a low risk candidate and she may as well go for a brain scan every year as well
            Falling over toys....

Comment

Stop debating and move on! What you say is meaningless and I hope the sisters do not listen to you at all. If you have nothing beneficial to say then stay silent.
              People die every day from random reasons.. One of those reasons is cervical cancer! Which I'm advicing about. I'm not talking about any other illness.. I'm specifically talking about cervical cancer. Do you understand English?
              I don't do debating with ignorance.. Good luck with that.

Comment

to you it may not be beneficial, to someone else it is.

you're putting out advice to have a pap test, and I'm putting out advice that unless you have lived a life of multiple partners or your husband has been cheating and exposing you to disease then it is an unnecessary test.

if you view that as ignorance then that is your choice, and I view you as ignorant. and muslim female doctors are happy to do the tests because they fill the quotas ans get paid for it, they aren't exactly looking out for you either. they have to make a living as well.

and thanks for the neg rep. very mature (sarcasm in case you missed that too)
                Falling over toys....

Comment

I'm sorry for the neg.. ^^

Comment

Cervical cancer is not a sexually transmitted disease. There are two types of HPV

Comment

Red ball I see your point and share the same viewpoint about how it is transmitted but I also agree with FRAgile , in this day and age where Muslim men and women commit zina so freely we need to be safe than sorry...especially ones that lie and say they never committed zina and then you find out they have and they say oh it was in my past...the person might be in your past but that is recorded as your medical history..
                      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Why would we discourage people from looking after their health?? We live in the west...muslims make mistakes/abuse occurs/people cheat...they repent...get married and live happily ever after.

Islam encourages men and women to not reveal sins as well, so well and good for the man and woman that didn't come across any experience whether through consent or not but to be safe and go every few years just to check is a sensible thing to do.

We shouldn't encourage people to shy away from something of significance like cancer....some partners cheat for years before repenting or coming clean.

Precaution is better than cure.
                        ‘If only I had done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened.’ Rather you should say, ‘Qaddara Allah wa ma sha a fa’ala (Allah decrees, and what He wills He does),’ for (the words) ‘If only’ open the door to the Shaytan.” (Narrated by Muslim).

Comment

Agreed :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Salaf us salih View Post
                            Cervical cancer is not a sexually transmitted disease. There are two types of HPV
                            there are many strains of HPV - over 100.

the two that are mainly responsibly for causing hpv are hpv16 and hpv18. the virus can be sexually transmitted and can then lead to cancer.
                            'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                            Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                            علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
                              there are many strains of HPV - over 100.

the two that are mainly responsibly for causing hpv are hpv16 and hpv18. the virus can be sexually transmitted and can then lead to cancer.
                              You sound informed....med student/doctor?

Comment

Working...
                              X