Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

    He never cleans himself right after using the litter box. And whenever i am around i always notice urine behind him after he comes out of the litter box. He's 5 months old i am not sure if he'll ever lick himself clean. Is such a cat pure or impure? I used to change the sheets 3-4times (everytime i would notice wet urine stain on them) but now i am just tired of changing sheets so many times. What should i do? Keep changing the sheets or stop looking at the spots my kitten sits on after peeing (deliberately ignoring the impurity)?

  • #2
    Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

    Originally posted by greenblanket View Post
    He never cleans himself right after using the litter box. And whenever i am around i always notice urine behind him after he comes out of the litter box. He's 5 months old i am not sure if he'll ever lick himself clean. Is such a cat pure or impure? I used to change the sheets 3-4times (everytime i would notice wet urine stain on them) but now i am just tired of changing sheets so many times. What should i do? Keep changing the sheets or stop looking at the spots my kitten sits on after peeing (deliberately ignoring the impurity)?
    How about keeping your cat outdoors... if he's still young, he will still stay around for food.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

      He's 5 months old and i can't keep him outdoors since i live in a cold country.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

        If you cannot see any visible signs of impurity. You don't have to do anything, else put your welcome door mat for OCD

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

          Animals are disgusting

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

            Originally posted by greenblanket View Post
            He never cleans himself right after using the litter box. And whenever i am around i always notice urine behind him after he comes out of the litter box. He's 5 months old i am not sure if he'll ever lick himself clean. Is such a cat pure or impure? I used to change the sheets 3-4times (everytime i would notice wet urine stain on them) but now i am just tired of changing sheets so many times. What should i do? Keep changing the sheets or stop looking at the spots my kitten sits on after peeing (deliberately ignoring the impurity)?
            Don't keep him outdoors. If you're cold outside, he's probably colder and if you're hot, he's probably hotter.
            Plus there's the hadith about the woman who was tortured for being mean to a cat, so just don't risk it.
            He probably doesn't know to lick himself but he'll figure it out. Just wipe your bed down with a wet cloth or something.
            “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

              Originally posted by greenblanket View Post
              He's 5 months old and i can't keep him outdoors since i live in a cold country.
              Hmmmm...well, how about putting a protective sheet over your bed?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

                Thank you :) i'll see if i can find one. It's a really good idea.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

                  Don't let him on your bed?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

                    Just put a pretty throw/blanket over the sheets. It will be nicer for the kitten to lay on anyway. If your kitten is (sorry for the term) "leaking", that shouldn't be happening. You should check with a vet for signs of early onset bladder control problems or urinary track infection, which can be fatal to cats of any age. Sorry, I don't mean to scare you! Just my boy became very ill with kidney problems so I know about those things.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

                      Originally posted by greenblanket View Post
                      Thank you :) i'll see if i can find one. It's a really good idea.
                      Your kitten is unwell. A normal healthy cat wont have any mess on itself and is free from any bad odours, so yes it needs to be checked up.
                      “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


                      Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

                        Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                        Your kitten is unwell. A normal healthy cat wont have any mess on itself and is free from any bad odours, so yes it needs to be checked up.
                        he's a long haired cat and he gets urine on his hair (which he does not lick clean).....i think that's normal for long haired cats and he's doing fine (it's been i think 2 months). I got really scared. but all he needs now is regular trimming of hair at the back

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

                          Originally posted by Abysswalker View Post
                          Animals are disgusting
                          Thats not very nice
                          Believe
                          there is
                          good in the world

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

                            :salams

                            Does cats lick their furr clean... Didn't know that.
                            La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                            (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                            Do not say about Allah but Truth.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Kitten jumps on bed right after peeing in his litter box. Is my bed impure?

                              Originally posted by Serinity View Post
                              :salams

                              Does cats lick their furr clean... Didn't know that.
                              Yea they do! Kittens are so cute!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X