• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zul_Qarnain
    replied
    Re: Ideas To Benefit The Ummah

What will be my bright ideas?
    Muslim Etiquette!!!
    Prophet Muhammad's(Sallallahi wa sallam) greatest tweet follower.
    I hope I can maintain my tweet following status.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAacA43pHxo

Leave a comment:

• Zul_Qarnain
    replied

Spider webby: not a smart home to live in.
    SpiderMan: a smart guy to trust in!
    Reality check: Ustad does all the work & me enjoy the ibadah thru forwarding, Alhamdulillah!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZn3M-wT45w

Leave a comment:

• Anthanasia
    replied

Ideas:

Qiblah Indicator - Make some small design (even like some pretty stickers) to put high up on the wall so that guests/everyone has to their best knowledge the correct way of making salah. It would have to be above natural eye level and higher so as not to be a distraction, think of it as an "in home compass"

Salah/Du'aa space - If you are fortunate enough to have space in your home, make a dedicated chill zone for your salah and du'aa. Decorate it with pillows and make it your ultra pure/happy place when your feeling down. Making it screened off is nice for ultra privacy. It could also be a place of taking knowledge and reading so as to be more focused (good for us women who stay at home)

Goals Chart - On a piece of paper list your religious goals for the day/week/month and put it in a place where you are most. Under your goal, make a physical reward for it. Make the reward something nice and sweet that you'd enjoy...like you'll buy a new hijab, you'll buy a fancy coffee.... (Note: Yes we do things for Allah's sake first, but it's good to also reward ourselves for encouragement sometimes we need that extra push)

Gifting - It's important to give gifts to soften the heart! Eid's coming up, why not extend your kindness to your neighbors, make some food special or some small gifts, you can even leave it anonymously if you are shy. It's a great way to do something sunnah, and neighbors are the communities protectors.

Stranger Kindness - When's the last time you complimented someone, how about someone you don't know!? Keep to your same gender on this, but why not if you see a hijabi/niqabi give them a genuine compliment, if you are bold even a small gift to a stranger. One time I was commuting back from school, and I was new to Turkey and a girl gave me a hijab after speaking to me for 2 minutes that she had just bought for herself. It was one of the nicest experiences I've had, and it's one of my favorite hijabs as well and I still remember her always and make du'aa for her sometimes. If you compliment a non-Muslim you can show the softness of our ummah, and it can have a very lasting impression...remember non-Muslim generally feel completely isolated/disconnected from Muslims and that one nice word may convert someone someday. (remember men for men, women for women on this one ...don't be naughty)

Donations - If you live in the West, I guarantee your Islamic community needs donations like crazy with the influx of refugees. Go through your home, any things that are still in good shape that someone else can use? Clothes are always needed, go talk to your family to see what you have available. If you don't have much, why not go buy something or ask your Imam of what is desperately needed, a lot of the times what is really needed is not too expensive anyway, but it's value is tremendous for someone else.

If you are in the East, you know communities always need donations, find a charity and be a part of it, or see what some charity needs and help them out. It's hasanat that can last forever and doesn't take much time.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied

Anonymous counselling service for the youth of our Ummah and all Muslims, where ppl can ask qs to scholars etc without being judged//scared of asking.
    If we don't understand something islamically, we should ask, but these days we are discouraged to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Sky Lark
    replied

Thanks Fragile:)

Leave a comment:

• Fragile
    replied

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
    I see its all different topics he's got so its ok for now sis, also his threads generated lot of replies.
    Agreed :up:

Leave a comment:

• Sky Lark
    replied

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
    Brother you have your own threads section.. Maybe post there?? That would benefit this ummah.com

lol
    I see its all different topics he's got so its ok for now sis, also his threads generated lot of replies.

Leave a comment:

• Fragile
    replied

Brother you have your own threads section.. Maybe post there?? That would benefit this ummah.com

lol

Leave a comment:

• Sky Lark
    replied

If we learn all these short sunnah duas it becomes second nature, not hard at all.

Like duas for before eating, after eating, dressing, drinking water, drinking milk...and theres so much more, all these we suppose to know them and read them on the occasion. There are duas for before entering the toilet and after leaving the toilet, and so on.

Leave a comment:

• Muslim_Akhi93
    started a topic Ideas To Benefit The Ummah

Ideas To Benefit The Ummah

Please share ideas that can help Muslims around the world whatever good pops in your head post it.. I was thinking if they don't already have it .. They should make audio dua reciters like for example which hang by your door when you are leave the house and it reminds you of the dua or by bathroom before you enter.. We all know duas mostly but we tend to forget most of the time and this is a great tool to remind us daily
Working...
X