Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does music really satisfies one soul's qalb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does music really satisfies one soul's qalb?

:salams

I am so in dilemma, music is consider something that is sort of amusement of people nowadays. Sometimes if I feel bored, I might touch a little a music or there, from mp3 or something. I know Allah S.W.T. mentions in the Quran that by remembering Him alone, does satisfies one's own heart.

Or is it only allow to listen to music, only if it does not go against the fard, for example, leaving or forget salah, and so on. If I were to sit with Rasulullah S.A.W., would he allow me listen to mp3 with headphones by his side? Or is it with the extreme case, that some people say, music is haram.

Jazakallah khair, for reading my post.

Re: Does music really satisfies one soul's qalb?

It is said that music is the food of the soul....and yes, I agree...but it is the food of the Shaitani soul.

For the Rehmani soul, the food is the Quran & Zikrullah. :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Muz1234 View Post
      :salams

I am so in dilemma, music is consider something that is sort of amusement of people nowadays. Sometimes if I feel bored, I might touch a little a music or there, from mp3 or something. I know Allah S.W.T. mentions in the Quran that by remembering Him alone, does satisfies one's own heart.

Or is it only allow to listen to music, only if it does not go against the fard, for example, leaving or forget salah, and so on. If I were to sit with Rasulullah S.A.W., would he allow me listen to mp3 with headphones by his side? Or is it with the extreme case, that some people say, music is haram.

Jazakallah khair, for reading my post.

There's a video done by abu musaab on youtube called "the classical hit, It's bad!"
      I reaaaaly really suggest watching it if you are unsure about the ruling of music....
      Worth the time ...I promise

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p35KbTHUXhA
      Last edited by Nuuna; 08-09-15, 08:30 PM.

Comment

When I was a teen I loved music, it helped me escape & made me feel good. As I got older I do not actively listen to music, I may hear a song I like but do not spend time listening. It is such a waste of time.

I still have my cd's from back then & I sometimes will listen to something from back then on youtube, for nostalgia...

Most of the new stuff is garbage, not real music..I refuse to listen to Miley or Beiber.

Comment

Dhikr, specifically that dhikr born out of reflection and yearning is food for the soul. Nothing can fulfil like it does
          Music titllates the ears for a while and carries with it the fleeting, sickly, shallow, unsatisfying quality that dhunoob and other earthly pleasures carry, whether forbidden or permitted.
          Last edited by Fakhri; 08-09-15, 10:39 PM.
          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
          -------------------------------
          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
          NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

It gives you a temporary 'high' and is a form of escapism, but it doesn't truly satisfy the soul.

Comment

watch this lecture brother, it explains it nicely and inshaallah will help you quit music
              Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

music is like a drug; it makes u feel good but it is only arousing the pleasure zone in one and hardens heart more with sin; once the pleasure wears out, one feels worse as heart is more wretched than before

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X