Sharing clothes with a non-muslim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharing clothes with a non-muslim

Thank you Umm Hanzalah, that's excellent advice.

Its obvious that kaffir means disbeliever but sometimes I forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
      Who mentioned anything about waving wands? you've made another hypothetical example of a cow dying,who mentioned any cow? What cow,who owned this cow,Where? When?
      Hypothetical questions get us nowhere.

What if all logical explanations are exhausted? Do you deny anything happened and pretend everything is OK? I tried that,it doesn't work,Problems don't just disappear because you refuse to acknowledge them.

If you saw a grizzly bear charging at you would you turn your back and pretend it didn't exist? Almost certainly not.

Magic is more dangerous than a grizzly bear or any threat you can think of as it can effect EVERY single aspect of your life and is invicible and so subtle that it is easily overlooked.

Lets try this as an example: I've never been raped andI've never seen anyone raped ever in my life so therefore all women that claim to be rapedare liars? or how about child molestors? Doesn't seem logical to me that a man would try to have relations with a 5 year old or a 1 year old,never seen it happen myself,Should we therefore let all the men(and women) out of child that have been accused. Many times it's only one persons say so that gets them lock up, are all victims liars?

What would you do if you yourself were raped and no one believed you? pretend like it didn't happen or try to prevent it from happening from someone else?

I'm sure there a few people that will freak out for me comparing rape/child molestation to magic but it's actually a very good comparison when you take the time to THINK about it. How many people have been falsely convicted of rape/child molestation? more than a few but there would be no false convictions if the act itself didn't sometimes truthfully happen. Think about it.

Would anyone cry wolf if wolves didn't exist?
      I believe there are things in this world we don't understand, but that's the point, we don't understand it. I think there's more the world than meets the eye- I've have had ghostly experiences, there's not a doubt in my mind about that what I experienced wasn't "normal" and I've already said I won't dismiss what you've been through. However I think accusing people of witchcraft can be dangerous because of the stories in the links I posted and what has happened historically, people are murdered out of ignorance.

Also, I still think it would be a bit paranoid to not borrow clothes from your own friends in case they try to use magic on you...
      Last edited by LLS; 13-09-15, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Wow!! I never thought this will be a controversial topic. But Jazakimullahu khairan for all your help. For the record, I do believe in magic. But I believe that individuals don't posses any magical abilities but use the help of Jinns( the unseen) to do weird stuff. I don't know about you guys but that's what's I've always thought.

Comment

Originally posted by AbdullahiG View Post
          ruling wise it's not haram as long as the clothes are clean, but I personally will find it very distasteful; they eat pork, drink alcohol, are evil sinners and their sweat and 'bodily vibes' [mixed with sin] will rub off onto the clothes; I will feel disgusted and afraid that I might get evily influenced!

no desrespect to non-muslims but just mentioning why i'd find it very reprehensible
          Well my non-muslim friends are clean. They're mostly strict catholic Christians and they despise Alcohol and smoking. You find sharing distasteful because you're not a girl. I mean even Islam permitted sharing of one husband by four women. And come to think of it, one of those wives might be a non-Muslim. Does that mean that the other wives should treat her differently? Just some food for thought :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Psychofak View Post
            Generally, you would think there is a risk of non-muslims not being careful with many of the things we understand to be najasah. Maybe someone knows the answer, but I'm speculating it may be makrooh.
            Of course, this is speculation only.
            I actually thought about that but I make sure that I wash all of my stuff after they use it. So.....

Comment

Originally posted by amk9716 View Post
              Well my non-muslim friends are clean. They're mostly strict catholic Christians and they despise Alcohol and smoking. You find sharing distasteful because you're not a girl. I mean even Islam permitted sharing of one husband by four women. And come to think of it, one of those wives might be a non-Muslim. Does that mean that the other wives should treat her differently? Just some food for thought
              the non-muslim wife is one who is on her way to Islam thus she is being moulded into a muslim ..., but kuffars of today sis in general, they sin left right and centre and the thuoght of their sweat and body vibes mixing with their clothes just puts me off wearing their clothes :uncomfortableness:

not saying it is haraam or anythign but it's just a matter of likes and dislikes
              Last edited by AbdullahiG; 29-09-15, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X