Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing clothes with a non-muslim

Assalamu Alaikum everyone!

Hope you're all doing good. I was just wondering if it's okay to share clothes with a non-muslim. I have non-Muslim friends and we're all okay with sharing stuff. I really need your help with this one.

Jazakumullahu Khairan.

Re: Sharing clothes with a non-muslim

Oh and if you could please site some references with your answers, that'll be very awesome. Thanks again. <3

Comment

Sis, I'm not so sure about the references, but I personally wouldn't recommend other people sharing their clothes with anyone, including Muslims. It can be very dangerous, May Allah (swt) protect us. So to be on the safe side, best not to share your clothes with anyone at all, except your family members, wallahu' alam.

Comment

Generally, you would think there is a risk of non-muslims not being careful with many of the things we understand to be najasah. Maybe someone knows the answer, but I'm speculating it may be makrooh.
        Of course, this is speculation only.
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
        -------------------------------
        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
        NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

I'm aware of the hadeeth that says you should wash your pans after sharing them with non-muslims, I don't know if that applies to clothes as well?
          Would be beneficial if you did a search on Islamqa...

Subhan Allah, I'm always amazed at the types of questions that people bring forth...sometimes its stuff that is so typical you just don't question it!

Always good to question everything...
          Jazaki Allahu khairan sister for the post

Comment

Originally posted by Nuuna View Post
            I'm aware of the hadeeth that says you should wash your pans after sharing them with non-muslims, I don't know if that applies to clothes as well?
            Would be beneficial if you did a search on Islamqa...

Subhan Allah, I'm always amazed at the types of questions that people bring forth...sometimes its stuff that is so typical you just don't question it!

Always good to question everything...
            Jazaki Allahu khairan sister for the post
            Why? Pans as in cooking pans?

I suppose that could be in case non-Muslims cook something involving pigs. However, clothes? You won't catch some sort of non-Muslim disease.

Comment

Originally posted by **Sister** View Post
              Sis, I'm not so sure about the references, but I personally wouldn't recommend other people sharing their clothes with anyone, including Muslims. It can be very dangerous, May Allah (swt) protect us. So to be on the safe side, best not to share your clothes with anyone at all, except your family members, wallahu' alam.
              Why? A run through the washing machine with a good laundry detergent will kill anything on it.

Comment

If it was underwear, I'd somewhat agree. But a sweater or a pair of pants? what's the danger?
                Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

right like sister mentioned, if jeans or other clothes like tops and jumpers are washed in a machine, then surely thats fine............but hey i could be wrong best to make sure

Comment

yeah I mean I don't know the Islamic ruling, but i'd assume if they were washed it would be alright sister.x
                    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                    [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Serada View Post
                      Why? A run through the washing machine with a good laundry detergent will kill anything on it.
                      Originally posted by nousername View Post
                      If it was underwear, I'd somewhat agree. But a sweater or a pair of pants? what's the danger?
                      Ok, what I had in mind is completely opposite to what your both referring to. The danger that I had in mind refers to magic. It seems very dangerous, and I guess a lot of people tend to overlook this.

I know some cases of people who "shared" their clothes and other personal items with their friends, such as hairbrushes, etc, and their lives turned 180 degrees around and has been totally ruined completely! Scary stuff! So, what seems like an innocent thing can actually turn into a disaster!

This all happens when you start sharing your clothes and personal items with people, including friends. They basically can take your clothes, etc, which has traces of sweat, hair, etc, to a magician, "sheikh", etc, so they can perform black magic on you. This is actually real and has happened, and just because people trust their friends and get along, it doesn't mean they're safe from this.

Many people may be jealous of their friends, and they can be secretly planning to harm them. They may be appear to be friends outwardly, but total devils in disguise and have evil plans and intentions. Also, in my post I was referring to the cases that happened to Muslims and their friends who were "Muslims" as well. So, to be on the safe side, NEVER share any clothing or personal items with anyone. May Allah (swt) protect us from witchcraft and all these evils.

Comment

Ok, what I had in mind is completely opposite to what your both referring to. The danger that I had in mind refers to magic. It seems very dangerous, and I guess a lot of people tend to overlook this.

I know some cases of people who "shared" their clothes and other personal items with their friends, such as hairbrushes, etc, and their lives turned 180 degrees around and has been totally ruined completely! Scary stuff! So, what seems like an innocent thing can actually turn into a disaster!

This all happens when you start sharing your clothes and personal items with people, including friends. They basically can take your clothes, etc, which has traces of sweat, hair, etc, to a magician, "sheikh", etc, so they can perform black magic on you. This is actually real and has happened, and just because people trust their friends and get along, it doesn't mean they're safe from this.

Many people may be jealous of their friends, and they can be secretly planning to harm them. They may be appear to be friends outwardly, but total devils in disguise and have evil plans and intentions. Also, in my post I was referring to the cases that happened to Muslims and their friends who were "Muslims" as well. So, to be on the safe side, NEVER share any clothing or personal items with anyone. May Allah (swt) protect us from witchcraft and all these evils.
                        Oh you are talking to someone who does not believe in magic in the slightest. I would be willing to hand over my blood samples and hair to any black art magic user or any whitch or vodoo doctor. I would be more than happy to have cups of Oolong tea in the middle of a witchcraft or black magic ceremony where I am the only target for an armies worth of curses and hexes. And that view represents everyone in my family.

So I don't understand that reasoning. Growing up, a good percent of my cloths and my families cloths were used or from some used cloths shop or garage sale, including many of my toys.
                        Last edited by Serada; 07-09-15, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Oh you are talking to someone who does not believe in magic in the slightest. I would be willing to hand over my blood samples and hair to any black art magic user or any whitch or vodoo doctor. I would be more than happy to have cups of Oolong tea in the middle of a witchcraft or black magic ceremony where I am the only target for an armies worth of curses and hexes. And that view represents everyone in my family.

So I don't understand that reasoning. Growing up, a good percent of my cloths and my families cloths were used or from some used cloths shop or garage sale, including many of my toys.
                          i wish i had me some oolong tea thats the one reason why i love chinese restaurants so much

Comment

Why would you want to share someone else's clothes...thats just weird

I want to wash my clothes even when I buy them brand new before wearing...
                            Believe
                            there is
                            good in the world

Comment

What?!

You're willing to give your blood and hair samples to magicians? I hope your not serious and just joking. Also, I wouldn't encourage you to be in such environment, around magic, voodoo doctors, etc.

May Allah (swt) protect you from all this nonsense.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X