Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can one get over and overcome what has happened to them in the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can one get over and overcome what has happened to them in the past?

Salaam,
    So before I ask my question I should give a background about myself. Growing up I was bullied a lot by both Muslims and Non-Muslims the reason being my appearance, I had bad acne growing up and both groups used to make a lot of fun of me. Looking back at the past the pain is still in my heart for all those mean things people said. Anyhow I want to ask, how can one get over what happened in the past, and let go? I'm trying hard to do it but I'm not going to lie its not easy. I would appreciate some good advice.

Re: how can one get over and overcome what has happened to them in the past?

-The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said:
    “There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says:
    ‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatika naasyati bi yadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka,
    ‘adlun fiyya qadhaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu
    fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilmil-ghaybi ‘indaka
    an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’a qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa thihaab hammi
    [O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave; my forelock is
    in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just.
    I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed
    in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge
    of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast,
    and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety],’ but Allaah will take away his distress
    and grief, and replace it with joy.” 27

He was asked: “O Messenger of Allaah, should we learn this?” He said: “Of course; everyone who hears it
    should learn it.”
    Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

It's hard I know but you just have to
      Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
      ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

You feel resentment towards the people, or you have struggled to move on/feel better about yourself in terms of confidence/self-esteem?
        If you succeed in the latter, the former will be significantly easier.

Comment

Only when you internalise the idea that Allah will handle your affairs and follow the guidelines prescribed in the Quran, then you'll be able to move on as you'll begin to evoke forgiveness upon them in light of Allah being just. I hope this helps.

Comment

how can one get over and overcome what has happened to them in the past?

You just gotta Insha ' Allah. Du'aa is the best weapon so make that continually. And yeah it is hard,but try your best to. Because everyone makes mistakes n ppl change too. We're all human. p.s I totally understand about the acne thing. Mayn I find it annoying.
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
            [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
              You feel resentment towards the people, or you have struggled to move on/feel better about yourself in terms of confidence/self-esteem?
              If you succeed in the latter, the former will be significantly easier.
              Not so much resentment. A little bit more on confidence/esteem and feeling better about myself. I think I am starting too, but sometimes thinking about the past does hurt I'm not going to lie.

Comment

Working...
              X