Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression, anxiety... I feel I'm stuck and need some advice

:salams

Last edited by Muslimah_08; 02-09-15, 11:54 PM.

Depression, anxiety... I feel I'm stuck and need some advice

:wswrwb:

You have a range of problems and honestly i cant answer all your problems but I think you should watch all the videos on this link.. it's not just your typical do zikr sorta stuff tho u definetly should but alot more practical stuff too. If you're serious about this make sure you check it out

http://www.quranrehab.com
    Last edited by zantz; 30-08-15, 04:16 PM. Reason: Typo
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Re: Depression, anxiety... I feel I'm stuck and need some advice

:wswrwb:

I can relate to some of what you're saying, but I've never talked to any professional so I can't advise you about that side of things. Some people may want to keep things private, so I'd suggest any sister that can help should PM you.

The fiqhi type of questions you asked can be answered by Darul Ilm on the Ummah Radio Q&A show. Are you familiar with how to ask there?

I'm sorry I can't be of much more help, but I hope others can be. Personally, even when I have tried to talk to my GP she just prescribed me with some pills for anxiety. The side affects I read on the packet put me off so I never took them. Maybe my GP is just useless, because I think they are supposed to offer you other alternatives like therapy, counselling and so on. Also, I wouldn't be too open with them about your practice of deen because nowadays they think vulnerable people are more susceptible to 'radicalisation', and what they deem 'radical' is sometimes a bit odd.
      Last edited by Muslimah~S; 30-08-15, 04:16 PM.

Comment

From the way you're describing yourself it sounds pretty bad. Yes you do need a doctor to help you out because trust me, once you let them know what you've been put up with, theres relief.

I have my own take in social anxiety as well and it was only a couple of weeks ago that I was finally diagnosed with social anxiety. Note the "finally" because I was going through some phases where I started avoiding my studies, skipping classes and exams and just cried a lot every night. It was only during that day where I skipped school deliberately, visited the doctor and made up an "excuse" (just to get an MC for sch absence), was when I realized that what Ive been doing was unusual. That was funny coz it was so unexpected. So thats when I started "watching" over myself.

Just like you I do visit a social worker. It really does help to have some private talk to express yourself clearly. Since you're gonna take a visit to yours in sch, remember that its only for your own good and no one elses. Personally I dont fancy going to sch counsellors because I dont like having to talk to my schmates why Im at the office and then having to decide whthee to say it to them or not. I just hate to be seen there coz theres a lot of busybodies in my sch lol.

Bear in mind that having some kind of anxiety ir depression symptoms only make you human, not less than that. For me Ive never felt more humane than having to know that a part of me is not well and that I need to get treated. Maybe the daily routine has made me robotic, similar to your sch curriculum perhaps? Its stressful here and I can kinda get where youre coming from

Let me know if you need someone to talk to. Inshallah all goes well. Salam!!!!

Comment

Please keep me in your du'as.

:jkk:
          Last edited by Muslimah_08; 02-09-15, 11:57 PM.

Comment

You should consult a good psychiatrist as soon as possible

This is not the right place to ask questions about anxiety and depression
            Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

I used to doubt my abilities and get scared of doing new things for various reasons. I wasted a lot of time, lost opportunities, messed up things I already had etc. Then I got to a point where the fear of repeatedly doing these things forever and remaining in the same situation scared me more than failing etc, so I hope I've somewhat broken the cycle. I won't know if I really have until time has passed and I'm put into new situations, but my feelings towards things have changed.

Sometimes I dwell on my failures and people remind me of them, but this negative thinking is something that will please shaytaan as it prevents you from progressing. Matters are judged by how they are concluded, so as long as you are alive there is a chance to reach your goals.

There are Muslim counselling services available if you'd prefer to speak to one of them. IOU runs such a service.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishnu View Post
                This is not the right place to ask questions about anxiety and depression
                I just wanted to ask for some advice and perhaps read about other Muslims' experiences etc. There should be nothing wrong with that. Unless you mean this forum is only for chit-chat and joking around (what it seems to be for most part, unfortunately).
                Last edited by Muslimah_08; 30-08-15, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                  I used to doubt my abilities and get scared of doing new things for various reasons. I wasted a lot of time, lost opportunities, messed up things I already had etc. Then I got to a point where the fear of repeatedly doing these things forever and remaining in the same situation scared me more than failing etc, so I hope I've somewhat broken the cycle. I won't know if I really have until time has passed and I'm put into new situations, but my feelings towards things have changed.

Sometimes I dwell on my failures and people remind me of them, but this negative thinking is something that will please shaytaan as it prevents you from progressing. Matters are judged by how they are concluded, so as long as you are alive there is a chance to reach your goals.
                  :masha:

:jkk: <3

Comment

Hey sis, you can visit the doctor, and any forms of therapy okay. Insha ' Allah I pray you recover from this, because it seems that you are going through a lot. And you can disclose the truth to them sister, because they are there to help you Insha ' Allah, and I don't see why it would be wrong to do so. This will help you to recover. Because this is for your benefit, and Insha ' Allah to improve your life. Just stay strong and patient, and you must be so brave. And hey never ever feel like a bad muslim, okay. Because Allah S.W.T knows what you're going through. So turn to him and make continual Du'aa, from your op, I know that you know this. Also, we are told to make our own effort aswell, so I pray when you visit the doctors etc, the situation will also improve. And take someone with you aswell, as you were nervous, it will make you feel a lot better. Any problems, post on here sis, Insha ' Allah we can give you advice.

Allah S.W.T knows best. So carry on sister, we can get through this together Insha ' Allah. And we are all here for you, okay.x

Comment

Salam Sister,
                      I am very sorry hear that .
                      May Allah ease your difficulties. Ameen
                      I was in a similar situation too. You need stop or finish your studies.
                      You need a break to think things through. Studies are not important than your health. It's not great when our grades start falling. Stop trying too hard to fit in. Be yourself and don't force yourself to aim high all the time. As for your anxiety can you get help? Where is it coming from? Past or Social pressure? Whatever it is ask yourself is it worth the struggle?
                      "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Sister there's a lot of concerning symptoms here and a long list of them.. Please don't delay booking an appointment as soon as possible and make sure before you go that you write down all your symptoms and for how long you have experienced them solely.. Add when during the month cycle do you suffer most because some may be related to pms which includes both mental, physical and emotional side effects. This may vary from month to month but it's all possibly related.

Do update us on your well being.
                        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                        Guide me on your path to your janna,
                        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah_08 View Post
                          :masha:

:jkk: <3
                          "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

SubhanAllaah I could have written this myself

I don't think you should take medication or even talk to a counseller. You should give it all up and turn to Allaah Don't return to uni or work. Stay with your mum doesn't matter if she's Muslim or not she's your mum. As your small print says rectify your relationship with Allaah start from scratch and face all the fears that come with turning your back to this life

Comment

Wa Alaikum Assalam Muslimah..

You know what I think I think you are just going through a phase in life, I think this age maybe a difficult age.
                              I'm 23 and I feel I'm in crossroads and confused and thing's not working out and failing in things and I begin to question myself.
                              It makes me feel like not doing things as well, work, etc

I don't obviously know your exact condition, but I really think you should stop thinking you are depressed and anxious, because it may not be the case.
                              Sometimes difficult tests in life just take us down, so we can mold ourselves to become stronger.

I think try this...

Write down all the positives in your life on one side of the page.
                              write all the things you want to work on/ need to change, on the other side.

Then think about it, reflect, and ponder, InshaAllah Allah will put answers in your mind.

Also when you get bad thoughts, seek refuge from Allah from the waswasa of shaytan and do the motion of spitting on your left.

You will be OKAY InshaAllah
                              Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

Working...
                              X