Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have to place "Abdul" in front of all Allah's names given to our babies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have to place "Abdul" in front of all Allah's names given to our babies?

(I have a nephew whose name is Abdul Raaziq and his parents get very upset if somebody calls him just "Raaziq," as they consider that a sin.)

I want to name my kid something from one of Allah's 99 names, but i am not sure if i would have to place "Abdul" in front of them....

Re: Do we have to place "Abdul" in front of all Allah's names given to our babies?

Originally posted by greenblanket View Post
    (I have a nephew whose name is Abdul Raaziq and his parents get very upset if somebody calls him just "Raaziq," as they consider that a sin.)

I want to name my kid something from one of Allah's 99 names, but i am not sure if i would have to place "Abdul" in front of them....
    I'm pretty sure it is only haram if one takes the definite form of a name of Allah(swt) as his name. For example, Malik is an acceptable name, but for one to call someone else or name himself "Al-Malik" is shirk. Only Allah(swt) is Al-Malik. I would seek clarification about this from an alim

Wallahu Alam
    وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
    They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Working...
    X