• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridicules purchases by Billionaires

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    the yacht was a bit over the top tbh
    only thing I thought was decent was the car, I have to admit it looked good
    everything else was just rubbish, things like that watch and book I wouldn't even buy from the pound shop lol
    Pound shop :rotfl:

Originally posted by noobz View Post
    but then how is that difference from the normal muslim upgrading their phones to the latest version or getting the highest spec laptops even though a normal 1 would suffice?

these are the questions that i find hypocritical among ourselves cause if we were in their position , we would proly be doing the same thing cause in our own pay scale we are also spending money where we see fit such as the latest iphone.
    I don't do the above, so I hope I can continue to comment.

Comment

Last edited by Rumaysah~; 29-08-15, 11:40 PM.
      شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
      فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
      وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
      ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by <3 K View Post
        I just. They could give that to charity. But no.
        Exactly right. People spend hundreds and thousands on designer goods and act like it's normal lol, when people are dying from lack of basic necessities. And ppl think we're crazy for not keeping up...i'm sure I've wasted my fair share of money on stuff too so for all of us, but some are just so extreme. like the Louis Vuitton design - its not even nice lol
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
          lol

BRB getting golden toilette just because (yeah someone actually did).

Well honestly if I had a lot of money.. all I'd want is the ability to travel sometimes, a nice car or two, a nice villa and maybe a smaller yacht nothing so huge or insane.. just because I love the freedom of driving, flying, boating. I love adventure.

The rest I'd invest in some kind of charities, projects, businesses, etc...

But all that crazy stuff... bugers with gold you eat... 15000$ haircut (wth?!), diamond encrusted crap... no...

Wealth is not haram... but being stupid should be haram...

The sultan of brunei had an amazing car collection though, they had one off cars built for him by Porsche, Ferrari, Jaguar, Mercedes, Aston Martin, etc...

I am a huge car guy so I can appreciate the love of cars and actually driving them (some people just buy them to show off and never even drive them). However...
          Not nearly the same as these billionaires, but speaking of people just buying cars to show off...my husband recently bought a Benz and I went with him to the dealership to pick it up. It was a dealership that caters to the likes of brad Pitt etc and the one guy was telling us about how the filthy rich in that area literally buy cars one day, put a couple hundred miles on it and then come back and return them. Like pretty much buying a pair of pants or something. One lady bought a Porsche and returned it within a week because another lady in her neighborhood had the same one and they weren't on friendly terms.....hell in hand basket
          Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumeria View Post
            Not nearly the same as these billionaires, but speaking of people just buying cars to show off...my husband recently bought a Benz and I went with him to the dealership to pick it up. It was a dealership that caters to the likes of brad Pitt etc and the one guy was telling us about how the filthy rich in that area literally buy cars one day, put a couple hundred miles on it and then come back and return them. Like pretty much buying a pair of pants or something. One lady bought a Porsche and returned it within a week because another lady in her neighborhood had the same one and they weren't on friendly terms.....hell in hand basket
            sounds like a great spot to get brand new cars at discount
            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
              sounds like a great spot to get brand new cars at discount
              Nailed it. Yes definitely.

Great cars, low mileage. win: win
              Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

Working...
              X