Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An atheist asked me this question. I couldn't give him a proper answer. Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An atheist asked me this question. I couldn't give him a proper answer. Help?

Ex-Atheist here (alhamdoulilah)

My advice to everyone reading: Study your deen before dawah, know which types of people your dawah is best with. I'm an atheist, it's harder for me to talk to Christians/Jews/Hindus whatever than it is for atheists. Don't speak to a group of non-Muslims if you don't have the knowledge because they end up walking away thinking your the idiot and they won.

This is an easy question. It's amazingly easy. It's easy for those who ponder and reflect deeply.

Tell him: You can believe that all of this just comes into existence from it's own self, sure. Why not? Yet... When's the last time you saw something manifest from nothing. Have you seen anything just pop out of nowhere? If humans can self-create they can essentially self-evolve too right? So turn into something, a cat. Make something for me! You can't?? What a pity...I guess humans have evolved out of their superpowers of "creating everything". Yet you should remember when you created yourself right, since that can happen in your ideology. Oh but you don't, interesting. So if everything self-created. Why is it all still here, stagnant? Wouldn't life itself be chaos with constant bustling of creation and destruction, why is everything stable? Why are we suspended between creation and destruction!??!!??!?!

How did all these personalities come from? The differences, and distinguishers? Why do we have judgement and favoritism!?

Because there are two categories of existence.

1. Al-Amr = Law of Command: Instantenous creation, No evolution or process, Allah makes it exist, and so it exists immediately. *our soul*
    2. Al-Khalq = Law of Creation: Process and evolution and progression over time. *our body, trees, dunya things*

This is another reason as to why our souls never feel complete contentment from the dunya, because it is our soul that is just a traveler and doesn't originate from the dunya itself. This is also a cause of some depression for people as they believe in an over attachment to the dunya, but since dunya isn't fullfillment for the soul they end up in an existential crisis.

Anyway if you lay out that type of argument to an atheist, you won't have much wisdom if any spat back to you. Dawah with atheist needs time and patience, atheists close their ears more than other ideologies so reciting Qur'an/Hadith is useless as they don't recognize it as proof to begin with. You have to use their sciences to get to their heart, and if you have a clever mind, a reflective soul your dawah will be more successful because what makes an atheist unique is they are quite reflective and exploratory compared to other ideologies, afterall they went on a long soul-search to actually believe in nothing...nobody is born an atheist, you transform yourself into one. With atheists my advice is always: science, logic, science, logic science.

Afterall it's usually us ex-atheists who end up reading the Qur'an waaaaaaay way way way way later after conversion. Because they hate holy books, and there's a negative stigma to hadith/Qur'an and it's best avoided for these types of conversations otherwise they believe you to be "following religion blindly and not by reasoning"

Hope I helped. Why do I always write so much...........

Comment

Re: An atheist asked me this question. I couldn't give him a proper answer. Help?

Originally posted by Anthanasia View Post

My advice to everyone reading: Study your deen before dawah, know which types of people your dawah is best with. I'm an atheist, it's harder for me to talk to Christians/Jews/Hindus whatever than it is for atheists. Don't speak to a group of non-Muslims if you don't have the knowledge because they end up walking away thinking your the idiot and they won.

This is an easy question. It's amazingly easy. It's easy for those who ponder and reflect deeply.

Tell him: You can believe that all of this just comes into existence from it's own self, sure. Why not? Yet... When's the last time you saw something manifest from nothing. Have you seen anything just pop out of nowhere? If humans can self-create they can essentially self-evolve too right? So turn into something, a cat. Make something for me! You can't?? What a pity...I guess humans have evolved out of their superpowers of "creating everything". Yet you should remember when you created yourself right, since that can happen in your ideology. Oh but you don't, interesting. So if everything self-created. Why is it all still here, stagnant? Wouldn't life itself be chaos with constant bustling of creation and destruction, why is everything stable? Why are we suspended between creation and destruction!??!!??!?!

How did all these personalities come from? The differences, and distinguishers? Why do we have judgement and favoritism!?

Because there are two categories of existence.

1. Al-Amr = Law of Command: Instantenous creation, No evolution or process, Allah makes it exist, and so it exists immediately. *our soul*
      2. Al-Khalq = Law of Creation: Process and evolution and progression over time. *our body, trees, dunya things*

This is another reason as to why our souls never feel complete contentment from the dunya, because it is our soul that is just a traveler and doesn't originate from the dunya itself. This is also a cause of some depression for people as they believe in an over attachment to the dunya, but since dunya isn't fullfillment for the soul they end up in an existential crisis.

Anyway if you lay out that type of argument to an atheist, you won't have much wisdom if any spat back to you. Dawah with atheist needs time and patience, atheists close their ears more than other ideologies so reciting Qur'an/Hadith is useless as they don't recognize it as proof to begin with. You have to use their sciences to get to their heart, and if you have a clever mind, a reflective soul your dawah will be more successful because what makes an atheist unique is they are quite reflective and exploratory compared to other ideologies, afterall they went on a long soul-search to actually believe in nothing...nobody is born an atheist, you transform yourself into one. With atheists my advice is always: science, logic, science, logic science.

Afterall it's usually us ex-atheists who end up reading the Qur'an waaaaaaay way way way way later after conversion. Because they hate holy books, and there's a negative stigma to hadith/Qur'an and it's best avoided for these types of conversations otherwise they believe you to be "following religion blindly and not by reasoning"

Hope I helped. Why do I always write so much...........
      i second the opinion that you use the science of the person at hand beat him to it..

there's actually a hadith to that issue.
      i
      n my own words:

a person came to prophet saww and told him he commits zina.
      the prophet, saww, instead of shoving verses and ahadith on his face and calling him a fasiq and a zaani and other stuff, gently called him closer and then told him (in my own words, again) :

"Would you like that (zina) for your mother? " the person replied "no!" the prophet said,"then people don't like it for them!"

(meaning the girl you're commiting zina with may be a mother and just like you won't like your mother to commit zina, that kid wouldn't like his mom to commit zina either)

then the hadith continues and the prophet repeats the question using paternal, maternal aunt and sister as an example..... afterwards the prophet SAWW made dua for the person and that person left saying

in my own words: "there's nothing more hateful to me than zina!!"

notice how the prophet didn't even have to use ayahs and ahadith to make his point!

this is called wisdom..

Comment

I think Dr. Zakir Naik had a video on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthanasia View Post

Tell him: Have you seen anything just pop out of nowhere? If humans can self-create they can essentially self-evolve too right? So turn into something, a cat. Make something for me! You can't?? What a pity...
          you can't be serious

Comment

Working...
          X