X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creamcake
    replied
    Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

wearing makeup outside of marriage or when meeting a potential is not right. For islamic purposes and generally it feels fake n artificial in the sense that its not really you. If that makes sense. lol my views might be a bit extreme coz i wear glasses since i wasnt sure if contacts are okay. i dont mean islamically though. lol might cross over to the cobtacts side though. Ppl look entirely different without makeup even a bit if its covering up a flaw

Thing is medias got all airbrushed makeup covered or naturally beautiful peeps,so females feel paranoid. So many wear makeup n literally refuse to exit the house without it on. Not really the real natural you though.

Thing is I think its good to wear at home after marriage though. because ur spouse is gonna pass beautiful women on the street and at their workplace etc. Insha ' Allah they'll lower their gaze bt chances are theyl still c ppl accidently. So then they come home to us lol even ppl who are naturally pretty so to speak. its rewarded I think to beautify for ur spouse. lool coz its not easy. in the sense that if one wants to wear summat well its not just putting that one item of makeup on there tends to be stuff undermeath that.

I rarely wear makeup except eid n weddings sometimes bt I discoverd this on youtube tutorials lol the reason the makeup looks so good is coz that eyeshadow for xample has lotza stuff underneath the eyeshadow etc. lol i can do it like basic style bt will learn from the youtube pros one day when I need to ha. everyone just knws how to do makeup immacutely n im like ermm loool

Leave a comment:

• firestar101
    replied

Make up is just deception. You basically look like another person in a lot of cases

I want someone that is naturally beautiful

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
    wrong thread bro :wavey:

and no, your point is compoetely wrong. women are just as beautiful BUT the standards of what is acceptable beauty has been toyed with by media, so that what is seen as average beauty is seen as ugly/plain looking. when you have a relentless show day in day out of beauty which is not always real, it is eady to feel undermined and it is easy to see oneself as unattractive and ugly when in fact the complete opposite is true.
    I believe I was in a flippant frame of mind when writing this, and it was a point made to be taken with (some) light-heartedness. You are of course right - the standards of female beauty have been so artificially shifted, we have now a quite heavily distorted perception of it.

Leave a comment:

• Mohamed Mifxal
    replied

To be honest beauty isn't rare as people make it to be. maybe its to do with where I live, there is an equal proportion of good looking and average looking men/women in my country. Most people are satisfied with their spouses..well at least when they are in their best shape.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    I'm confused as to why we're still talking about women here. Men fall for what they see just like women. Both genders have this idea of beauty, due to what the media tells them, and they wish for it. You might say, "But Pippin! Women go for unattractive guys too!" Which I would then reply with, "Yes, but the media plays a role with that as well....and no one is unattractive. Allah made us all beautiful."

"Men are weak without women." Or "All men are like children." Is something the media tends to push when attracting females. So, women go into relationships already thinking low of men and thus they're told to lower their standards. There is another issue of attractiveness too, but it's usually a good looking guy who is mean but you can change him. Then, when a normal good guy comes across women are not enticed by him, because he doesn't play up to their standard of what it means to be a man. Likewise, a man might only want a model and be disappointed when a normal good woman comes into his life.

Both men and women fall for what they see and read in the media about the other gender. So let's not make this issue one sided.
    (Apologies, reply was for user below)
    Last edited by Fakhri; 31-08-15, 04:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• .Hajar.
    replied

Originally posted by .Singaporean View Post
    Oh! Also why is your name "rock"? Do you like rocks or something? lol
    off topic

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post
    At the end of the day, just marry someone who accepts you the way you are.

I wouldn't mind marrying a man with facial disfigurements if I was in love with him and he loved me truly.
    may Allah bless you with a righteous spouse who loves and respects you, aameen

Leave a comment:

• DaughterOfAdam
    replied

At the end of the day, just marry someone who accepts you the way you are.

I wouldn't mind marrying a man with facial disfigurements if I was in love with him and he loved me truly.

Leave a comment:

• .Singaporean
    replied

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
    nope
    Oh! Also why is your name "rock"? Do you like rocks or something? lol

Leave a comment:

• DaughterOfAdam
    replied

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
    At same time nobody should be forced to look unattractive.
    I never said anyone should be forced to look unattractive lol.

I just think it's a good thing for me. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• .Hajar.
    replied

Originally posted by .Singaporean View Post
    Do u live in the south of murica?
    nope

Leave a comment:

• .Singaporean
    replied

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
    take it as a compliment, i look younger for my age too or at least people think i do, i have even been questioned if am too young to be pregnant and that inquiry brought a o.O response from me

so yeah enjoy the youthfulness while it lasts :)

in all fairness, both of you are correct

neither does ahmed2013 speak for all men, nor is DOA willing to budge an inch from her often rigid and unique views

agree to disagree y'all
    Do u live in the south of murica?

Leave a comment:

• Green786
    replied

Bold bit is the main purpose of this thread and I fully 100% agree with and what I was kind of trying to get at lol
    At same time nobody should be forced to look unattractive.

Leave a comment:

• .Hajar.
    replied

But I want to sis.

I have marks and spots too..

Today I was at an appointment and had to give them my date of birth and they said I look so young . I replied by saying I know lol I don't know if it was a compliment or not. Trust me when you get to my age you value yourself more.
    take it as a compliment, i look younger for my age too or at least people think i do, i have even been questioned if am too young to be pregnant and that inquiry brought a o.O response from me

so yeah enjoy the youthfulness while it lasts :)

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
    No man wants pimples. Now what? up and down the roller coaster we go...

I give up. You're too much and too extreme in your unique views.
    Some men are ok with pimples. You don't speak for all men. I'll marry the type of guy that I want inshaAllah. No all men are the same (I hope)
    in all fairness, both of you are correct

neither does ahmed2013 speak for all men, nor is DOA willing to budge an inch from her often rigid and unique views

agree to disagree y'all

Leave a comment:

• DaughterOfAdam
    replied

Salaam All,

We are bombarded by images of beautiful women everywhere we go. Not everyone can match these requirements. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is subjective. All I can think of is that we live in a man's world and women that appear on magazines are really catering for the mass market not real women.

Real women are different sizes, skin colours and height. None of us are perfect. Some of us have bad skin and some have good skin. I have seen how make up can really enhance someone's beauty. When the make up is off you can notice the difference.

The reason for this thread is just reminding you all to not judge anyone based on their looks and women should not feel like they need to conform to societal pressure.

Wasalam
    Remember me in your duas.
    Thank you
    Bold bit is the main purpose of this thread and I fully 100% agree with and what I was kind of trying to get at lol

Leave a comment:

• .Singaporean
    replied

Originally posted by LondonGal View Post
    It depends on ones perception of beauty.

I don't wear make up daily. As That's not true beauty to me.

However, I exercise daily. Drink detox water often, juice raw organic veg regularly, drink lemon/ginger tea daily. Exfoliate and dry body brush regularly. I recently got into drinking bone broth weekly as I heard the it contains collagen which is great for hair, skin and nails.

I'm also an avid collector of healthy recipes.

This is all my form of beautification, which has become a lifestyle choice. And yes, I do it to please my husband, but also because it makes me feel good from the inside and out.
    that is how I first read it and I was like "wth"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X