Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

Originally posted by sunrise867 View Post
    Whatever you girls do if you get a MUA, make sure you do a test run, I'm speaking from a horrid experience here

You don't wanna look like a hot mess :/

If you're of a darker complexion they try and make you 'light' and if you're light they try and resemble you to a sheet of paper - what is this
    Lool

Share experience?

Here they make the darker ones light and the light ones dark. But ima kill her joy and be like I don't wana be made lighter, keep my skin color the way it is, pls. -.-
    Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
      Lool

Share experience?

Here they make the darker ones light and the light ones dark. But ima kill her joy and be like I don't wana be made lighter, keep my skin color the way it is, pls. -.-
      My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
      As You have sanctified Your house,
      Make my heart as protected and as honoured
      In which permission of entry
      Is only granted to a few,
      Please Allah, allow my heart
      To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
      when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
      In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
        Lool

Share experience?

i always say that as well.

dont like the pale ghostly look.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

I've realised African/Asian/arabs make up professionals tend to make everyone lighter and apply a LOT of makeup on lol but the white professionals I've been to for trails/friends make the lighter ones tan and us they make us weird looking in an attempt to lighten us :wacko: but they tend to make the final look less clownish despite applying lots of stuff. Idk if anyone else noticed this, but that's been my experience so far.

Wiping it out after paying would seriously kill my mood. So yeah I need a trail before hand insh Allah. Thanks for telling me this.
          Gone with the wind.

Comment

when i got married, she made me really pale (the MUA) so i objected
            she then bronzed me

i was lke tango woman :rotfl:

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

edited photos is one thing but some people in real life are fake now as well. fake hair, nails, eyes, eye lashes, body parts and so on. it's disgusting.
              then they have all the make up piled on and it's even more disgusting.
              make up does make a big difference for those who know how to apply it properly (nothing wrong if it's your choice and you keep it at home), problem is when they start wearing it outside and end up with self esteem issues. those people who I never seen without make up, it always felt like I never really knew them.

make up these days is horrible anyway and full of weird ingredients, it's not exactly the best thing for your skin everyday. I don't understand why women don't put more effort into looking after their natural skin/looks. in my eyes that's real beauty, a fresh healthy face.
              شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
              فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
              وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
              ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
                edited photos is one thing but some people in real life are fake now as well. fake hair, nails, eyes, eye lashes, body parts and so on. it's disgusting.
                then they have all the make up piled on and it's even more disgusting.
                make up does make a big difference for those who know how to apply it properly (nothing wrong if it's your choice and you keep it at home), problem is when they start wearing it outside and end up with self esteem issues. those people who I never seen without make up, it always felt like I never really knew them.

make up these days is horrible anyway and full of weird ingredients, it's not exactly the best thing for your skin everyday. I don't understand why women don't put more effort into looking after their natural skin/looks. in my eyes that's real beauty, a fresh healthy face.
                Don't forget fake drawn on eyebrows, plastic veneers to create a perfect smile, lip fillers to plump up the lips, etc etc.

I actually never realised before now just how much fakeness that goes into this kinda stuff. It's insane.
                اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

I suggest we should rebel and look as unattractive as possible to teach shallow men a lesson.

REBEL I SAY

Comment

I know this is supposed to be a feel good thread for the sisters, but I'm going to throw a spanner in the works.

You don't get these sensitive, morale-boosting threads for men... so I will boldly venture to say for the brothers who are trying to get married and are being treated harshly due to looks..

...The real truth about beauty is that beauty is clearly found mostly in men. A brother blessed with half decent looks doesn't need all that make-up to look the way he does. Conversely, most women will apply all of the above-mentioned to get to that female equivalent of 'good-lookingness' that he already possesses,and then they have the audacity to feel smug about it! :D
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                    -------------------------------
                    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

I'm confused as to why we're still talking about women here. Men fall for what they see just like women. Both genders have this idea of beauty, due to what the media tells them, and they wish for it. You might say, "But Pippin! Women go for unattractive guys too!" Which I would then reply with, "Yes, but the media plays a role with that as well....and no one is unattractive. Allah made us all beautiful."

"Men are weak without women." Or "All men are like children." Is something the media tends to push when attracting females. So, women go into relationships already thinking low of men and thus they're told to lower their standards. There is another issue of attractiveness too, but it's usually a good looking guy who is mean but you can change him. Then, when a normal good guy comes across women are not enticed by him, because he doesn't play up to their standard of what it means to be a man. Likewise, a man might only want a model and be disappointed when a normal good woman comes into his life.

Both men and women fall for what they see and read in the media about the other gender. So let's not make this issue one sided.
                      وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                      "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                      Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                      [2:186]

.:.
                      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by Psychofak View Post
                        I know this is supposed to be a feel good thread for the sisters, but I'm going to throw a spanner in the works.

You don't get these sensitive, morale-boosting threads for men... so I will boldly venture to say for the brothers who are trying to get married and are being treated harshly due to looks..

...The real truth about beauty is that beauty is clearly found mostly in men. A brother blessed with half decent looks doesn't need all that make-up to look the way he does. Conversely, most women will apply all of the above-mentioned to get to that female equivalent of 'good-lookingness' that he already possesses,and then they have the audacity to feel smug about it! :D
                        wrong thread bro :wavey:

and no, your point is compoetely wrong. women are just as beautiful BUT the standards of what is acceptable beauty has been toyed with by media, so that what is seen as average beauty is seen as ugly/plain looking. when you have a relentless show day in day out of beauty which is not always real, it is eady to feel undermined and it is easy to see oneself as unattractive and ugly when in fact the complete opposite is true.
                        Last edited by Muslima London; 23-08-15, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
                          Salaam All,

We are bombarded by images of beautiful women everywhere we go. Not everyone can match these requirements. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is subjective. All I can think of is that we live in a man's world and women that appear on magazines are really catering for the mass market not real women.

Real women are different sizes, skin colours and height. None of us are perfect. Some of us have bad skin and some have good skin. I have seen how make up can really enhance someone's beauty. When the make up is off you can notice the difference.

The reason for this thread is just reminding you all to not judge anyone based on their looks and women should not feel like they need to conform to societal pressure.

Wasalam
                          Remember me in your duas.
                          Thank you
                          Amen

Comment

Another beauty bashing thread. Woo-hoo!

Comment

I learned on this forum that women do a 'natural look' make-up

Nothing you can do when thats the case...I lost hope then and there
                              Believe
                              there is
                              good in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                                I'm confused as to why we're still talking about women here. Men fall for what they see just like women. Both genders have this idea of beauty, due to what the media tells them, and they wish for it. You might say, "But Pippin! Women go for unattractive guys too!" Which I would then reply with, "Yes, but the media plays a role with that as well....and no one is unattractive. Allah made us all beautiful."

"Men are weak without women." Or "All men are like children." Is something the media tends to push when attracting females. So, women go into relationships already thinking low of men and thus they're told to lower their standards. There is another issue of attractiveness too, but it's usually a good looking guy who is mean but you can change him. Then, when a normal good guy comes across women are not enticed by him, because he doesn't play up to their standard of what it means to be a man. Likewise, a man might only want a model and be disappointed when a normal good woman comes into his life.

Both men and women fall for what they see and read in the media about the other gender. So let's not make this issue one sided.
                                I agree with you Pippin. The media plays such a huge part these days in influencing what we desire. Male celebrities for instance are on a whole other level than your normal average male walking in the streets. It's NOT just the women this applies to.
                                But I THINK that for some reason it affects women's self-esteem more than it does men. Put that down to women wanting to look beautiful or feeling competitive with each other or perhaps down to the fact that men are on average more visual than women.
                                But I feel like men aren't as bothered by the image of what is masculine handsomeness or beauty as we get. It looks like they don't feel it's society's expectations of them.
                                Whereas with women, seriously the expectations feel oppressive sometimes. A pimple?? OH MY GOD COVER THAT MONSTROSITY UP!! A little bit of hair? RIP IT OUT OF ITS ROOTS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! NO PAIN NO GAIN!!
                                It's not realistic, it's not fair. And the reason is simply because of the completely fake ideals of beauty being propagated by celebrity culture and the media.

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                                wrong thread bro :wavey:

and no, your point is compoetely wrong. women are just as beautiful BUT the standards of what is acceptable beauty has been toyed with by media, so that what is seen as average beauty is seen as ugly/plain looking. when you have a relentless show day in day out of beauty which is not always real, it is eady to feel undermined and it is easy to see oneself as unattractive and ugly when in fact the complete opposite is true.
                                Exactly. Agree completely with you. The 'made up' woman is starting to be mistaken as what's 'normal' and so the truly 'normal' is being labeled just the 'plain' or as some people like to put it 'doesn't take care of herself'

Comment

Working...
                                X