• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
    see example of how media can photoshop someone - picture of a man

https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu...alesRC-b_1.jpg
    How many people like that have you seen on the street? Give me a break.

Comment

gotta check that the six pack is real as well.

maybe get brother to punch him in teh stomache

One pack will do - as long as his hearts golden :p
      My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
      As You have sanctified Your house,
      Make my heart as protected and as honoured
      In which permission of entry
      Is only granted to a few,
      Please Allah, allow my heart
      To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
      when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
      In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Lol there's no such thing as fake beauty, because clrarly girls/women who enhance themselves know what they are doing to attract the male gender. What there is, is expectations that build up.

Society builds up high expectations, so whether you're male or female, if you yourself either give no effort or are sloppy, what's shown will be such a high expectation that suddenly those with lower standards appear less 'beautiful' and those that put in the effort even can't keep up.

There's no such thing as complete perfection because everyone is distinct and unique but it's e that high expectation of effort that affects us all.

Some try then downplaying others because of it, but in reality it all comes down to how much effort a person puts in their physical appearance

Comment

I'm gonna throw a spanner in the works - brothers were watching dragons den for those of you unfamiliar it's basically a show with a panel of 4 business people with a lot of money, people from all over the country come and present their 'business ideas' to them and they decide whether they wish to invest in it or not (and take a chunk of the profit).

Any how's back to the story - so brothers watching dragons den and I sat down, this man has invented a male body suit. A suit men can wear under their clothing that gives an illusion of a 'buff' body/six pack.. If these come into fashion then well I don't know

---

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise867 View Post
            I'm gonna throw a spanner in the works - brothers were watching dragons den for those of you unfamiliar it's basically a show with a panel of 4 business people with a lot of money, people from all over the country come and present their 'business ideas' to them and they decide whether they wish to invest in it or not (and take a chunk of the profit).

Any how's back to the story - so brothers watching dragons den and I sat down, this man has invented a male body suit. A suit men can wear under their clothing that gives an illusion of a 'buff' body/six pack.. If these come into fashion then well I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise867 View Post

I watched Dragon's Den for the first time the other night...but it was about a couple selling Korean sauce... anyways back to your point...men can now get surgery to get a fake six pack ..they put those ridges in...even if you are a fat man..
              Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if I'd look like a complete clown with a full face of make up or whether it would make me look better. I guess it's sort of on my bucket list to try it out from a professional MUA.

There are really pretty women who aren't fake, but a lot of the celebs are fake because they've had surgery done.

Comment

see example of how media can photoshop someone - picture of a man

https://blogs.commons.georgetown.edu...alesRC-b_1.jpg
                  makeup skills goals.

If I could apply makeup like that, I would be dolled up 24/7, not even joking.
                  Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                    makeup skills goals.

If I could apply makeup like that, I would be dolled up 24/7, not even joking.
                    That is not makeup..that is airbrusging...makeup would still show the bumps..
                    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                      Sometimes I wonder if I'd look like a complete clown with a full face of make up or whether it would make me look better. I guess it's sort of on my bucket list to try it out from a professional MUA.

There are really pretty women who aren't fake, but a lot of the celebs are fake because they've had surgery done.
                      Nah, you only end up looking like a clown if you lack the skills to make it appear natural while actually doing a complete makeover. I want to do this too and take before and after picture. :insha: I'll get it done for my graduation, we can photo share afterwards. haha.
                      Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                        He looks too girly in the second picture should've stuck with the first one.

Comment

Computer says no.

I watched Dragon's Den for the first time the other night...but it was about a couple selling Korean sauce... anyways back to your point...men can now get surgery to get a fake six pack ..they put those ridges in...even if you are a fat man..
                          But do people really go to that extent? Unless you're loaded with money even then why not go to the gym and get a trainer or something :/

---

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                            Nah, you only end up looking like a clown if you lack the skills to make it appear natural while actually doing a complete makeover. I want to do this too and take before and after picture. :insha: I'll get it done for my graduation, we can photo share afterwards. haha.
                            Yay I'm excited :)

An MUA recently married into our family so maybe I'll get a free makeover one day :p

Comment

Really? My friend covers everything with makeup, while I can't even hide my eye bags during exam week, lol. I think makeup applied skilfully, works wonders. I need make up lessons first then I'll test this theory.

@; muslimah, mee too. lucky! You can get it for free insh'a Allah. Get ready to cross it out from bucket list :p
                              Gone with the wind.

Comment

Whatever you girls do if you get a MUA, make sure you do a test run, I'm speaking from a horrid experience here

You don't wanna look like a hot mess :/

If you're of a darker complexion they try and make you 'light' and if you're light they try and resemble you to a sheet of paper - what is this

---

Comment

Working...
                                X