Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

    Salaam All,

    We are bombarded by images of beautiful women everywhere we go. Not everyone can match these requirements. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is subjective. All I can think of is that we live in a man's world and women that appear on magazines are really catering for the mass market not real women.

    Real women are different sizes, skin colours and height. None of us are perfect. Some of us have bad skin and some have good skin. I have seen how make up can really enhance someone's beauty. When the make up is off you can notice the difference.

    The reason for this thread is just reminding you all to not judge anyone based on their looks and women should not feel like they need to conform to societal pressure.

    Wasalam
    Remember me in your duas.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Green786; 21-08-15, 09:00 PM.
    "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

  • #2
    Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

    When people stop looking at celebrities and models for their version of beauty, then they tend to appreciate every day people.

    Allah created us beautifully, so accept it even when you find it hard.
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

    .:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

      Wa alaykum asalam,

      :masha: a good reminder to us all - I've known this celebrity fascination to cause rifts and even break up some marriages and it's really unhealthy.

      People forget how airbrushed and plastic figures on TV are - then start comparing their spouses with them which never ends well.

      We're all different and because Allah created us were all beautiful :)
      My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
      As You have sanctified Your house,
      Make my heart as protected and as honoured
      In which permission of entry
      Is only granted to a few,
      Please Allah, allow my heart
      To be preserved only for You.



      ---


      It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
      when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
      In Jannah, we will meet :love:


      If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

        Salaam,
        Good reminder I definitely agree, the version of beauty plastered around is so false and people get tricked into thinking that it's natural beauty. Allah S.W.T created all of us beautifully. in our individual ways.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

          :wswrwb:

          A lot of the images you see are fake anyway. It's not beauty at all.

          And a lot of men are brainwashed into thinking that's what beauty is when it's not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

            Originally posted by Green786 View Post
            Salaam All,

            We are bombarded by images of beautiful women everywhere we go. Not everyone can match these requirements. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is subjective. All I can think of is that we live in a man's world and women that appear on magazines are really catering for the mass market not real women.

            Real women are different sizes, skin colours and height. None of us are perfect. Some of us have bad skin and some have good skin. I have seen how make up can really enhance someone's beauty. When the make up is off you can notice the difference.

            The reason for this thread is just reminding you all to not judge anyone based on their looks and women should not feel like they need to conform to societal pressure.

            Wasalam
            Remember me in your duas.
            Thank you
            Good post. Yes, absolutely right. I remember some celebrity or model (I forget who) was saying how they practically make them look like a different person and she'd look at her picture in some magazine and think "I wish I looked like her!" lol.
            That's the problem. This 'fake' beauty is everywhere so 'real' beauty seems to pale in comparison.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

              what i find fascinating is how once upon a time the concept of fake beauty was only limited to what we watch on tv/movies but now its on our street. there is so much contouring/heavy make up otu there it is hard to know what women really look like

              good reminder :jkk:

              __________________________________________________ _____________________________



              please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

                Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                what i find fascinating is how once upon a time the concept of fake beauty was only limited to what we watch on tv/movies but now its on our street. there is so much contouring/heavy make up otu there it is hard to know what women really look like

                good reminder :jkk:
                I know right? It's probably because of normal women trying to measure up to the airbrushed faces on the billboards and magazines that are coming at them from every angle. Let's add to that the fact that you can 'edit' photos before uploading them to social media and then #nomakeup lolll

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

                  :wswrwb: Just learn to be comfortable with who you are inside and out....visually you only have to impress one man so that is not too much pressure since Non Muslim women feel the need to impress the whole of society..
                  Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

                    Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                    :wswrwb: Just learn to be comfortable with who you are inside and out....visually you only have to impress one man so that is not too much pressure since Non Muslim women feel the need to impress the whole of society..
                    yes but you gotta get taht one man first loool

                    but alhamdulillah our beauty is only for ONE man

                    __________________________________________________ _____________________________



                    please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

                      Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                      yes but you gotta get taht one man first loool

                      but alhamdulillah our beauty is only for ONE man
                      Well if he is destined for me then I do not really worry about it lols...
                      Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

                        Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                        what i find fascinating is how once upon a time the concept of fake beauty was only limited to what we watch on tv/movies but now its on our street. there is so much contouring/heavy make up otu there it is hard to know what women really look like

                        good reminder :jkk:
                        It's advisable brothers take wipes on their potential meetings - no joke.

                        Was speaking to a friend the other day and she said her sis in law is practicing and pretty :masha: when potentials are shown pictures it always amounts to a meeting but the practicing ones want to see her bare faced and she refuses - and we were saying how that's not healthy, she doesn't wear much makeup but she is insecure without foundation and of course brothers want to know what she looks like without it.
                        Here I was thinking brothers are so naive but they're really not - I couldn't even tell she applied foundation yet most of them sussed it out :/

                        But going back to the OP we must learn to be comfortable in our own skin it's so true - and that's a reminder to me before anyone else.
                        My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                        As You have sanctified Your house,
                        Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                        In which permission of entry
                        Is only granted to a few,
                        Please Allah, allow my heart
                        To be preserved only for You.



                        ---


                        It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                        when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                        In Jannah, we will meet :love:


                        If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

                          ummah forum is helping the brother clue up too much

                          __________________________________________________ _____________________________



                          please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

                            Originally posted by sunrise867 View Post
                            It's advisable brothers take wipes on their potential meetings - no joke.

                            Was speaking to a friend the other day and she said her sis in law is practicing and pretty :masha: when potentials are shown pictures it always amounts to a meeting but the practicing ones want to see her bare faced and she refuses - and we were saying how that's not healthy, she doesn't wear much makeup but she is insecure without foundation and of course brothers want to know what she looks like without it.
                            Here I was thinking brothers are so naive but they're really not - I couldn't even tell she applied foundation yet most of them sussed it out :/

                            But going back to the OP we must learn to be comfortable in our own skin it's so true - and that's a reminder to me before anyone else.
                            Is this a new thing...practicing brothers ask the wali to show their daughter without makeup..?
                            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Natural or Fake- The Real Truth About Beauty

                              Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                              Is this a new thing...practicing brothers ask the wali to show their daughter without makeup..?
                              told you those brothers are prob reading ummah forum posts

                              __________________________________________________ _____________________________



                              please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X