Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best cure for loneliness?

:salams

What is the best cure for loneliness? I pray 5 times, read quran at night, but sometimes I do feel lonely at times. How do you achive Sakinah (سكينة‎), or state of tranquility in your heart, in times like these. I don't know if go out with friends work, but sometimes, I wanna find somethings that completes my soul. If you tell me to do dhikr, I don't see any money coming to me though. Sometimes I like doing dhikr though, praising Allah S.W.T. and His creations and so on. Or maybe this dunya is just too damn boring.

Jazakallah khair, for reading my post.

Re: What is the best cure for loneliness?

Originally posted by Muz1234 View Post

What is the best cure for loneliness? I pray 5 times, read quran at night, but sometimes I do feel lonely at times. How do you achive Sakinah (سكينة‎), or state of tranquility in your heart, in times like these. I don't know if go out with friends work, but sometimes, I wanna find somethings that completes my soul. If you tell me to do dhikr, I don't see any money coming to me though. Sometimes I like doing dhikr though, praising Allah S.W.T. and His creations and so on. Or maybe this dunya is just too damn boring.

Sometimes you just have to live it to believe it. But that, in today's society, takes a big leap in faith many aren't willing to risk.

Best solution for you - full fill your obligations, earn money, and get married to someone Religious who makes you feel complete.
    Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
      Sometimes you just have to live it to believe it. But that, in today's society, takes a big leap in faith many aren't willing to risk.

Best solution for you - full fill your obligations, earn money, and get married to someone Religious who makes you feel complete.
      Live what to believe what? Leap of faith in what?

Comment

Allah created us male and female. Even adam alayhi salam got lonely in jannah while with Allah. So Allah created Hawa for him. Don't know how old you are, but you can only do so much, be with friends, play sports, etc... and make it your goal to get married. What else do you expect anyone to tell you... A lot of people will give the usual, get closer to Allah, as if they assume that somehow everyone is without iman or irreligious if they are lonely.

Comment

What is the best cure for loneliness?
          Marriage.

Comment

I suggest deep inner reflection, being mindful in the present and exploring your inner uniqueness can give you some deeper appreciation for yourself, and finding enjoyment in silence instead of it being a stranger can ease some of these emotions...YET if you try this and it brings you further into an isolated state than this obviously isn't the road to take.

Our religion is about deep introspection, I recommend this for anyone who contemplates. Peace can be found if you go deeper within yourself.

People will advise you to marry as it's a social distraction from the emotions you have now. It's also a sunnah and logical for the situation you are in, it's advisable and you should consider it as it's a permanent fix to how you are.
            If marriage isn't possible, find halal connections and paths in life that cure these, even the most aloof hermit has social needs because Allah designed us that way. Even being on the forums here can grant temporary relief, the dunya isn't boring brother you just don't know what really fuels your passions.

Also have awareness that every sense in this dunya gets fulfilled, except our soul. No matter what achievement we make, it's never enough for our soul. We climb a mountain, but then some new aspiration comes up, you will never complete aspirations akhi because our soul isn't originally created from dunya and lives as a foreigner here, lost and trying new sensations but in reality our soul knows this isn't home. So my advice is fill your soul a little for now so that it doesn't feel like overbearing emptiness, you know your weaknesses, and deep down you already know the solutions. I always tell people to try new hobbies and distractions, this life is just a small voyage from one world to another, but sometimes the trip seems to take forever.

Increase in your character, work on your flaws, discover talents you never tried, do new hobbies unexplored. Try things and fail at them, there are millions of halal things to 1 haram thing, Allah made this world full of so many options but you need to take them first. Until your journey ends in this dunya, keep testing yourself and exploring your own deeper nature. That's the best advice I have.

Comment

- walking in a park, or any other area of natural beauty

- finding a hobby or craft

- sport clubs

if you keep busy you will feel less bored

also, appreciating the smaller things in life
              "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

Comment

"Loneliness, be my friend.''

Gone with the wind.

Comment

Working...
                X