Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islam makes me more stressed :(

Salaam

There are times you feel lost. The anxiety and depression and stress eats you up. You think praying is enough but then others tell you to recite this surah or this verse or pray this extra prayer and guess what turning to God becomes stressful too. You feel like you are doing it wrong or aren't praying all the things you need to so you just gve up. So what do you do? How do you fight this depression and anxiety?

Re: Islam makes me more stressed :(

Firstly dont always listen to others sis. It is good to do extra but aslong as u are doing the Fardh that is fine ofcourse. With anxiety stress n depression make Du'aa. Also maybe see a doctor. Therapies helpful meds..not so good, depends how severe it is sis. If ppl are telling u to recite extra due to what ur going through, theyr only trying to help you. So try see it as a benefit/cure Insha ' Allah, not additional pressure. Im sure ur not doing it wrong sis, and its not about praying all the things. You are going through a lot right now, and Allah S.W.T understands. Don't give up remember ur not burdened with more than u can bear Its only eating up at you due to the underlying problems you're going through. Otherwise you probably wouldnt be in this frame of mind. These are real psychological conditions that affect a person, so ignore anyone who brushes these off as nothing, or says otherwise Remember how important intention and effort is Islamically. And that some things are compulsory, others are optional. Again they're given different terms because some we have to do, others are good too, but we wont be held accountable for not doing then.

So carry on doing what you're doing. Insha ' Allah try to keep calm sis, and make lots of Du'aa so that these conditions go. See a professional especially if they are really affecting your life. Also there are specific Du'aas to read to combat this, I believe. Also look around you and identify potential environmental factors that are leading you to feel this way. Not sure if these symptoms occured recently, or they have been persistent for many years. If the latter, could be indicitive of a disorder in which there will be treatment Insha ' Allah. Talking to fam/friends/a counsellor etc can always help, particularly if you have experienced something recently. Also remember that Allah S.W T is there and he wants us to ask, ask for what we want and need, and turn to him sincerely, so do this. Insha ' Allah it will help.

Feel free to pm me or one of the sisters regarding any of this. This was just my opinion, I pray your situation improves.
    And Allah S.W.T knows best.

Comment

Try recite surah 114 while contemplating its meaning when you feel stressed, this will help inshaallah
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Allah said do your best...he knows we are not perfect but if we strive for goodness then is please with us ukthi..
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Curious as to why this wasn't included in your other post sis?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick1002015 View Post
            Curious as to why this wasn't included in your other post sis?
            The other post was an after thought. I was not sure about posting about my assault at first that is whyI posted this first

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X