Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life has hit rock bottom - what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life has hit rock bottom - what do I do?

Re: Life has hit rock bottom - what do I do?

Wa laikum ah salam bro.
    . Only advice is stay strong, keep trusting in Allah, don't worry about opinions and worry about pleasing Allah swt, this is obviously your test and Allah swt doesn't give more than we can handle, humble opinion :)

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam Brother, I really don't know how helpful my advice will be to you, but I'll try my best Insha ' Allah. First of all, it's really good Alhamdulillah that you decided to change your life around! :) And sometimes when you decide to make a change for the better, the struggles around you increase, and everything seems to become more difficult, but don't give up. Because after hardship comes ease, and we are not burdened with more than we can bare. You have to stay steadfast and on the right path, even if it means making the hard decisions brother. I understand what you mean about the beard thing, because funnily enough I know lots of people who act as it this is 'extreme' and mock people with beards, which is ironic because it's compulsory to Islamically wear a beard. So stay strong with the decision to keep your beard Insha ' Allah, because in this case, you have to listen to the commands Islamically. At the same time, if you explain this to those around you in the best manner possible, that would be the better choice. Ofcourse they may still not agree etc, but then we can't force something on someone, atleast you'll have known that you tried your best.

Also persist in making Du'aa, that you are given strength to keep on the right path, and also that those around you understand your decisions, and that you don't have to encounter these difficulties. May Allah S.W.T make it easier for you. Regarding the physical and mental abuse, parents are given the high status in Islam, but are not excused ofcourse from doing horrific actions like these, because we will all be answerable for our deeds. I pray that you have recovered from your illness Insha ' Allah. Also, the mortgage thing, you made the right choice, these days everyone gets out a mortgage thinking 'there's no other way', but that's not true. Also, good on you bro for not taking the jobs involving haram, because again most would have done this. And I really hope that you are recovering Insha ' Allah, you said that you were physically weak, panic attacks, etc. If this is still ongoing, as well as Du'aa, make an appointment to see the doctor. And never give up faith in Allah S.W.T. Some of us are tested more than others, because we can handle those tests. And even after all that, you wanted to stay in good contact with your mum, Alhamdulillah, so regarding that, remember that Allah S.W.T knows our intentions. You didn't leave the house, but she kicked you out, and you tried your best to reconcile with her, so nothing else you could have done then brother.

And again regarding Riba you made the right decision brother. Because interest accumulates from day 1. I'm at university at the moment sadly, because I thought it was okay, and tbh my parents were also the same, saying that it's fine and that for education it's necessary etc..Which means that I am sinning all the time, and considering quitting uni...But anyway, atleast you took the right path, which involved going against what you wanted to do, and your parents, because it's haram. So from a personal perspective, that takes a lot of courage, I know. So maybe try explain it to them...or you can just say you don't want to go uni etc. But like most parents/grandparents these days they know it's better in terms of academics, and will try to persuade you otherwise. And likewise from my parents, no amount of explaining would work, so maybe same for your dad too. If he has enough money, maybe you can persuade him to let him pay? Rather than buying a car etc.

Just try your best to stick by your decisions. This stress isn't helping your condition, so make Du'aa and see the doctor. Try not to stress your dad out, just ask him if he can pay, and if not get a job. It's good you got a job Alhamdulillah, and you're right so much of the world is poverty, and our parents just want us to go to university thinking about supposedly bettering us, but really what about our Aakhirah? Keep the beard, yeah you got rid of it, but good just grow it back, and no it doesn't look ugly, the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) had a beard, and he is the most beautiful example for mankind. And yeah it's sad how culture has overtaken religion in this day and age, keep the fasts, and the beard, don't take out a loan, do what's islamically right, pray their guided as well, try your best to explain it, if not just try to stay on okay/good terms with them. At the end of the day it's your choices, and they should atleast understand/respect that. Just don't get into unnecessary argument because of both your and your fathers health, just do what is right, and if you explain it and they don't understand, keep doing whats right, Insha Allah they'll come around.

You said you don't have many friends, is there a way you can make friends perhaps? Maybe your Masjid, or local classes, or somewhere else, and your not an outcast. Or maybe you are. But not in a bad way. I mean look at the most successful people in Islamic history, were they accepted by society, and did they find it easy to convince those around them? It's good that you haven't resorted to name calling etc, and keep it that way. Insha ' Allah you won't be held account for what your mum said, if you can try get in contact just to be on okay terms with her, but if she wont let you in her life, what else can you do...except keep making Du'aa.

I don't know if this is any good whatsoever, my opinions, and it's probably long and going in a circle. But Insha ' Allah your situation improves.

Comment

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...dness-and-debt come to my thread
        Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X