Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the secret to a good night's sleep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the secret to a good night's sleep?

I know there's lots of stuff on Google, but I'd like to know of things that people have tried and tested.

I hardly ever feel rested although I sleep a good amount of hours most days. It's not about the quantity, but more about the quality of sleep which seems to be lacking.

Re: What's the secret to a good night's sleep?

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
    I know there's lots of stuff on Google, but I'd like to know of things that people have tried and tested.

I hardly ever feel rested although I sleep a good amount of hours most days. It's not about the quantity, but more about the quality of sleep which seems to be lacking.
    Have you tried drinking a warm drink, change of attire as may be making you uncomfortable, do you sleep on a full or empty stomach, could be numerous reasons sis so take a look at how you sleep now and try changing few things may help you out Insha'Allah

Comment

Do you use a phone or a computer before you go to bed? I've heard that can cause sleeplessness. I always use the computer before bed and I can't fall asleep for like 2 hours..so maybe it's true.

Comment

Get into pjs, no technical equipment I.e phones, Du'aa, dont think about falling to sleep just close ur eyes relax and read Du'aas. That way you will naturally drift off. If you've overslept the day before can be harder. Also if you're stressed/anxious about something, even unconsciously, that affects sleep too.

Comment

Avoid using your phone or laptop, I always do and I eventually fall asleep at 2AM or later. There's a bunch of other factors like: comfort, lighting (maybe an outside street light), diet, stress etc. You can also try tiring yourself out before bed time with an afternoon exercise or something and avoid sleeping during the day.

Comment

Secret to a good night's sleep: get really active during the day, night comes and you'r real tired, easy to fall asleep then:zzz:

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

What's the secret to a good night's sleep?

Sleep on the floor a few nights and you'll appreciate sleeping on something comfy more.

Warm milk 10-15 minutes before bed really helps, open the window and let the breeze in. It'll be cold but it will feel relaxing if your under the covers.
              Raising money for Bangladesh in 2019 - www.justgiving.com/minhajul

Comment

Be very active during the day. Doing 4-6 km walking/running. Basically be on your feet as much as possible.

Comment

sleep
                  They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Don't use any phones before going to sleep. Say ayatul kursi, surah ikhlas, surah falaq and surah nas. Make dua to Allah before going to bed. Then say bismillah and go to sleep.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I fall asleep and I sleep a good amount of hours, but the problem is my sleep is not good. I'm always feeling restless, but maybe that's for other reasons like stress.

I think I need to get an old fashioned alarm clock and keep the phone away from me when sleeping. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night and then pick up my phone as well

I can't stay on my feet for too long because I get bad pain in my ankles and they feel like they're swelling, which makes it difficult for me to sleep so it's a vicious cycle.

I will try to make some changes to my routine :insha:

I'm told sleeping tablets and anxiety pills are not a good idea so trying not to go there.

Comment

tiredness. The more tired you are, the more of a deep sleep you will go into

Comment

Originally posted by Musicisme656 View Post
                          tiredness. The more tired you are, the more of a deep sleep you will go into
                          Tiredness doesn't help because sometimes I'll be so tired I can't even sleep and if I do sleep, it's more likely I'll miss fajr.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                            Thanks for the replies.

I fall asleep and I sleep a good amount of hours, but the problem is my sleep is not good. I'm always feeling restless, but maybe that's for other reasons like stress.

I think I need to get an old fashioned alarm clock and keep the phone away from me when sleeping. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night and then pick up my phone as well

I can't stay on my feet for too long because I get bad pain in my ankles and they feel like they're swelling, which makes it difficult for me to sleep so it's a vicious cycle.

I will try to make some changes to my routine :insha:

I'm told sleeping tablets and anxiety pills are not a good idea so trying not to go there.

Yes, try and avoid the pills. Seep should be a natural process. I would have difficulties sleeping due to stress the fact that I was in the process of making life changing options.I think a good place to start is ask yourself 'why ?'.. you cannot maintain sleep. Look at areas of diet, stress etc.

Comment

Drink milk before you sleep, make wudhu right before sleeping, read your adhkaar & sleep on your right side. That usually works for me.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X