Re: Giving up sugar:

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    go on tell us lol
    Why did you have to remind lol Im no spilling any sugar haha:topsy_turvy:

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
      I'm a sis :-) It's so good u just gotta try it..it can't be explained in words lol...
      sorry sis! Lol im always accidently writing the opposite gender how awks. Yeah I wanna try it lol, how dyu make it though? coz ive seen a few ppl mention somali tea on this forum :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
        Why did you have to remind lol Im no spilling any sugar haha:topsy_turvy:
        go on sky lark im curious now...lol

Comment

go on sky lark im curious now...lol
          Lol yes.

Ok I give in.. I like savory things with tea also..thats it:untroubled:
          Last edited by Sky Lark; 14-08-15, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Lol yes.

Ok I give in.. I like savory things with tea also..thats it:untroubled:
            i have a habit too so il let ya off lol

Comment

i have a habit too so il let ya off lol
              Yip I dont think its a bad habit some of us lol.

Comment

I like normal regular tea, Iv no idea what is india or english tea hehe, some days I just put a splash of milk, other days extra milk. I also like tea boiled in a pot that is plain milk tea on the stove lol.

How do you have yours?
                nice sis so by indian it has water n milk n its boiled a lot. :) lol.x

Comment

I'd suggest giving it up gradually because it might be a big shock to the system to do it all at once. I think you probably will get withdrawal symptoms because sugar is quite addictive especially refined sugar. I've thought about this as well because a lot of people on lyme forums have said sugar is bad for you, can feed candida and make illnesses worse but I also know about dates and honey being from the sunnah and i'm not convinced that they're bad for me so I tried to cut down my sugar and chocolate intake but I still have dates and honey. I found that I could reduce the amount of sugar I have in tea but couldn't have tea without sugar... so I guess there's a limit to how much I could give up.

Having said that, I'm fairly diligent about avoiding things like fizzy drinks, juices, cordials etc and mainly drink water, 1-2 cups tea a day and a honey lemon drink I take for health reasons. I used to have a twirl bar everyday but now I buy a pack of 5 twirls and it lasts more than a month. I also find I can generally stay away from sweet things and desserts day to day but during my monthly cycle, I need a bit of chocolate or something for a couple of days so don't feel guilty if you find you slip up a bit on a monthly basis.
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                    I want to cut down sugar too for health reasons..The biggest fitnahs are chocolate, Somali tea :inlove:..I don't even know if it's possible lol
                    Looooool chocolate a fitnah :rotfl:who wouldve known
                    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

i gained 20 pounds in the coarse of a year. i stopped exercising, ate unhealthy, especially lots of sweets and soda. i looked in the mirror and my gut was staring me in the face. it was a sore for sight eyes. so this past Ramadan, I gave it all up completely and dropped about 23 pounds in 4 weeks. 30 days of oatmeal for suhr, and kachuri/sana for iftar. i feel great!
                      لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

why do you want to give up sugar? It makes the world sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Aloo View Post
                          i gained 20 pounds in the coarse of a year. i stopped exercising, ate unhealthy, especially lots of sweets and soda. i looked in the mirror and my gut was staring me in the face. it was a sore for sight eyes. so this past Ramadan, I gave it all up completely and dropped about 23 pounds in 4 weeks. 30 days of oatmeal for suhr, and kachuri/sana for iftar. i feel great!
                          Do you eat potatoes?

Comment

Yeah I decided to cut down on it in tea myself, but at the same time I also decided to cut down on caffeine. I do eat sweets like cookies/cake when the family makes them though, but it's not that often and as noobz said, it's okay in moderation. I never did like most junk food anyway. Honey and fruits are still good though, that's not bad sugar. But of course one should not overdo it there either.

I am feeling the withdrawal though, even though I did try and make it gradual. I had a moderate headache all of yesterday and a mild one today. Hopefully by after tomorrow all should be normal. But this isn't because of the sugar, it's because of the caffeine.
                            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Yeah I start this diet change tomorrow :insha: was meant to start today but my friend bought me dessert and I couldn't say no :P

Anyway, starting tomorrow the only sugar I'll have is the 2 tea spoon in my tea/coffee, and sugar found in fruits/foods. Eventually I'll either cut out the sugar in tea/coffee or bring it down to 1 teaspoon idk.

Ali, I cut down my caffeine from 4-5 cups a day to 1-2, wasn't hard for me but everyone is different. :insha: you will be fine.

Musicisme: because im bitter and sugar is too sweet
                              Gone with the wind.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X