Giving up sugar:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving up sugar:

Seems like mission impossible right now if im honest, as I'm a huge chocolate lover. So would like to know if anyone went from having high sugar intake to cutting out all sugar except what is present in items such as fruits.

Did you take it slowly? Or go cold turkey. So nervous (lol).
    Gone with the wind.

Re: Giving up sugar:

Firstly I wanna say...WOW YOU ARE SO BRAVE FOR EVEN CONSIDERING THIS!!!! lol jke. Seriously though ia mission impossible especially when chocs and desserts are sugary n taste SO good. lol. Well I was kinda trying this before, and I dont think its a good idea to suddenly cut it all out. Because if you're used to eating it you're body will still crave it and sure you might do well for a while...but theres a high chance you'll relapse and fall into old sugar habits. I would say cut it out gradually. Also you said you're intending to have no sugar from henceforth, except natural sugars. I think that might be a bit extreme, because we are allowed a bit of sugar, not a lot, but we are allowed it in moderation. Google the food tray and it shows the propertions. p.s I do eat n enjoy sugar bt insha ' allah wanna cut back. oh btw if u wanna cut it out altogether as your diabetic or suffer from a similar health problem thats entirely different and then cutting it out altogether is recommended. Dark choc is better for you btw, high cocoa content and all I dont like it bt sum ppl do. Also there are artificial sweeteners like canderel. But again health wise they have their disadvantages too. And also diabetic choc which will have a lot less sugar im guessing. Good luck insha ' allah it works out and keep us updated. LOL!

Comment

i rarely eat sugar. in fact, i despise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
        Firstly I wanna say...WOW YOU ARE SO BRAVE FOR EVEN CONSIDERING THIS!!!! lol jke. Seriously though ia mission impossible especially when chocs and desserts are sugary n taste SO good. lol. Well I was kinda trying this before, and I dont think its a good idea to suddenly cut it all out. Because if you're used to eating it you're body will still crave it and sure you might do well for a while...but theres a high chance you'll relapse and fall into old sugar habits. I would say cut it out gradually. Also you said you're intending to have no sugar from henceforth, except natural sugars. I think that might be a bit extreme, because we are allowed a bit of sugar, not a lot, but we are allowed it in moderation. Google the food tray and it shows the propertions. p.s I do eat n enjoy sugar bt insha ' allah wanna cut back. oh btw if u wanna cut it out altogether as your diabetic or suffer from a similar health problem thats entirely different and then cutting it out altogether is recommended. Dark choc is better for you btw, high cocoa content and all I dont like it bt sum ppl do. Also there are artificial sweeteners like canderel. But again health wise they have their disadvantages too. And also diabetic choc which will have a lot less sugar im guessing. Good luck insha ' allah it works out and keep us updated. LOL!
        Lool. Thanks so much for the vote of confidence :P

:insha: I'll cut it out slowlyyyyyyy and maybe reintroduce a tiny amount of it back in the future, because right now that would be impossible for me, I lack discipline when chocolate is involved :(

I've no illnesses that causes me to give up sugar. I just want healthy teeth/body so decided to redo my diet.

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
        i rarely eat sugar. in fact, i despise it.
        Were you always like this? It's different if you were.
        Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post

:insha: I'll cut it out slowlyyyyyyy and maybe reintroduce a tiny amount of it back in the future, because right now that would be impossible for me, I lack discipline when chocolate is involved :(

I've no illnesses that causes me to give up sugar. I just want healthy teeth/body so decided to redo my diet.

Were you always like this? It's different if you were.
          No I was not. When you realise how bad something is for you, you hate it. It requires willpower.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rebel101;6594848]Lool. Thanks so much for the vote of confidence :P

Lol you're welcome u can do it! And yeah cut it our gradually Insha Allah, I know what u mean sometimes its better to stop it altogether coz once u eat a bit can be tempting to eat more and more.. And yeah good idea those are good reasons to cut back.

Comment

cutting it all out?

the key here is moderation in everything.

we proly don't eat sugar mostly other than drink it from juices ... taking out the juices fixes it all.

Comment

:salams

I'd imagine it would be quite hard especially for sugar lovers. I'm also waiting for an answer, So could anyone explain?

Comment

Last edited by 1412; 17-09-15, 03:31 PM.

Comment

It was ages ago but i think i did it slowly, reduce the number of teaspoons in tea, not keep change in my purse so i wont buy anything, it was slowly. Now i can drink tea with no sugar (tea was the biggest problem) but everything is within moderation like noobz said. Don't cut it out completely and drink more water as well. Whenever you want sugar maybe bake something?

You can do it!

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                    -------------------------------------------------------
                    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
                      No I was not. When you realise how bad something is for you, you hate it. It requires willpower.
                      okay now I feel a little more hopeful about this diet change. Thanks!

[QUOTE=Creamcake;6594866]
                      Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post

Lol you're welcome u can do it! And yeah cut it our gradually Insha Allah, I know what u mean sometimes its better to stop it altogether coz once u eat a bit can be tempting to eat more and more.. And yeah good idea those are good reasons to cut back.
                      Thank you. :insha: I'll do this , I'll keep this thread updated with my progress :insha:
                      Originally posted by noobz View Post
                      cutting it all out?

the key here is moderation in everything.

we proly don't eat sugar mostly other than drink it from juices ... taking out the juices fixes it all.
                      I don't drink any juice or fizzy (already cut all that out)
                      I do however eat lots of chocolate and drink sugar in tea/coffee. I need to cut it out, can't be moderate right now.

@ f_r and 1412, jazakum Allah khayr, I'm glad to read that people have done this successfully :)
                      Last edited by Rebel101; 14-08-15, 02:56 PM.
                      Gone with the wind.

Comment

I would not drink bitter tea 2 tsp of sugar is the limit:fatigue:

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                          I would not drink bitter tea 2 tsp of sugar is the limit:fatigue:
                          lol tea is the only thing I can actually have without sugar :) but then again I only have tea when dipping Biscuits in, which are sugary anyway, so that probably explains it loool:o

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                            lol tea is the only thing I can actually have without sugar :) but then again I only have tea when dipping Biscuits in, which are sugary anyway, so that probably explains it loool:o
                            Yes having biscuits with your tea helps to take away that strong bitterness so thats where you'r finding it easy lol.

Me, I have to have my sugar lol :)

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                              Yes having biscuits with your tea helps to take away that strong bitterness so thats where you'r finding it easy lol.

Me, I have to have my sugar lol :)
                              Yeah n it makes it sweet lool I dont even drink tea just dip biccies in. Normally our tea isnt bitter I think, do you have english or indian tea and does it have milk in? Lol yeah I knw what u mean. In everything else sugar sugar sugar :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X