Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister took her hijab off.

Asalamu Alayakum.

A sister I know and care about has recently took off her hijab.
    I know how important hijab was to her before. So I am obviously concerned for her.
    But I don't know if it's even appropriate for me to say anything to her? I was hoping to say something to her which is inspriationial, positive and not patronising.
    I definitely do not want the sister to think I'm judging her.
    She also frequents on here, so maybe she will read this and see some posts from brothers and sisters and see that we care.
    Also please make dua for her.
    Please keep this post positive im hoping it will give her the courage to put it back on InshaAllah

Re: Sister took her hijab off.

Originally posted by Anon123456 View Post
    Asalamu Alayakum.

A sister I know and care about has recently took off her hijab.
    I know how important hijab was to her before. So I am obviously concerned for her.
    But I don't know if it's even appropriate for me to say anything to her? I was hoping to say something to her which is inspriationial, positive and not patronising.
    I definitely do not want the sister to think I'm judging her.
    She also frequents on here, so maybe she will read this and see some posts from brothers and sisters and see that we care.
    Also please make dua for her.
    Please keep this post positive im hoping it will give her the courage to put it back on InshaAllah
    just a simple question

did she take the headscarf off because she couldn't stand hostile reactions in her environment, or because she thinks it is not obligatory ?

Comment

I really don't know brother, I know her Iman is low and home life isn't great.
      I spoke to her about it once before she stopped wearing it but i think it's just because she's feeling low tbh.

Comment

Hey sis as a friend I think you should speak to her about it. By that I don't mean like say you need to wear a scarf etc, but if shes taken it off due to low Imaan, maybe work on that first. As that seems the root cause of the problem and insha ' allah when this imprpves, wearing a scarf again should be quite a natural next step. As we all know that intention is so important, insha ' allah if her iman rises she'll be wearing it with the right intention as opposed to because someone told her too etc sis, the latter seems a bit pointless. I myself wear a hijab bit I know lots of good practicising Muslims who dont, and I dont like it when ppl judge them as less religious as they dont wear a scarf because ppl have such a tendency to do this, and Allah alone can judge the level of our Imaan and intentions. Lol the last note was just me waffling on n irrelevant to the OP. Anyway, hope you're well sis :) x

Comment

:wswrwb:

Say "Sister..you looked so beautiful in hijab mashAllah, what happened..? Why did you take it off?" and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post

Say "Sister..you looked so beautiful in hijab mashAllah, what happened..? Why did you take it off?" and go from there.
            That's a good statement sister... However i don't agree with it.. The problem with it is that you would be trying to encourage her using wordly motivation... the correct thing to do, in my humble opinion, would be to say that Allah had ordained hijab and whoever obeys Allah will get to go to Jannah...

And whoever disobeys him then Allah's punishment is very severe.

The difference between the two opinions, your and mine, is that if the sister was to wear hijab again thinking she looks beautiful in it, then the moment a non Muslim makes a snide remark about her and tells her that she looks ugly, then would start reconsidering her hijab and slowly she might take it off.

However if she wore hijab for Allah's sake and hoping reward from Allah and fearing punishment of Allah as opposed to because she looks 'good in it',

Then chances are that in sha Allah she might remain steadfast in wearing hijab and she might stay strong even in hard times. Because this time she'll be doing it for Allah and not Cuz 'she looks good in hijab'

Hope you got my point. Salam

Comment

Originally posted by DaughterOfAdam View Post

Alright you meant something else. Sorry :D

Comment

i know a sister who wore hijab for a decade. she was moderate in iman , knowledgeable, and even went to hajj a few years ago. recently she took hijab off, wears makeup, and styles her hair. what happened? i am friends with her husband but am afraid to ask him why.
                لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X