stopping thinking about someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: stopping thinking about someone

Thanks for all the replies.. 1412 that was brilliant.. I'll start taking quran more seriously now..

But it still hurts for now. Hope it gets better

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
      Develop a relationship with Allah by getting to know Him through the Qur'an in a language you can understand. Sit with a tafsir so you can truly appreciate everything that's being conveyed.

Do the night prayers and make du'aa that He who is Ar-Rahman, Ar-Raheem, detaches your heart from this dunya and replaces it with the love and attachment for Him Alone.

Hold the dunya in your hand rather than in your heart. If you have something in your hand, it's easier to let go. You'll feel pain but it'll be shortlived and not the heavy pain after something has been metaphorically ripped from you inside.

People come and go, in hindsight you'll be able to :insha: take lessons away from this.
      Finally don't communicate with person at all, don't stalk them online, don't 'check up on them'- just delete them from your life and ask Allah to grant you khair and protect you in all things.

The process of moving on is hard but acceptance is a major step in regaining your well being. Ask Allah to provide you this too.
      This and busy yourself with things constantly.

Also when shes on your mind intercept that thought with another one. When you start thinking about her force yourself to think about ice cream instead and then allow your mind to wander around in the wonderful world of ice cream.
      Last edited by Salams2All; 12-08-15, 06:09 AM.

Ibn Umar was asked, �Did the sahaba laugh?� He said, �Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.�

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Originally posted by 1412 View Post
        The mind generates thoughts based on what is in the heart. Everything starts from the heart. Rasoolullah alayhis salaatu wa salaam said there is one organ in the body (the heart) that if it is sound, the whole body is sound and if it is spoilt the whole body is spoilt. Distracting the mind momentarily will only work for as long as the distraction lasts. You have to clean your heart, the Qur'aan is truly miraculous for this. Notice how after you recite the Qur'aan your chest feels light and you feel tranquil. When your heart is clean, your desires and thoughts will align.
        Mashallah how true is this. What a reminder and if acted upon will be of great benefit to this brother or sister in sha allah. Reminder for me to.

Comment

As Salaam Ulaikum Wr Wb

Some beautiful advises above and my two cents:

The answer also lays in the word someone - get hold of one so that you don't worry about some. I am referring to the ONE here which in the Quran is represented as AHAD.

May Allah make it easy for you and guide all of us towards the right path. Ameen
          "The only one who will not break ur heart is the one who made it"

FriEND..BestfriEND..GirlfriEND..BoyfriEND..Everyth ing comes to an END... Except Allah ﷻ strengthen your love for the One who created your heart.

Comment

The first few days are the hardest but it eventually gets better in time. Like most said, keep busy and avoid contacting that person. Within a few weeks, it's all good and that person is history. For Some it's harder though so depends on the individual.
            I love you, cherish you and worship you,
            Guide me on your path to your janna,
            Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
              Develop a relationship with Allah by getting to know Him through the Qur'an in a language you can understand. Sit with a tafsir so you can truly appreciate everything that's being conveyed.

Do the night prayers and make du'aa that He who is Ar-Rahman, Ar-Raheem, detaches your heart from this dunya and replaces it with the love and attachment for Him Alone.

Hold the dunya in your hand rather than in your heart. If you have something in your hand, it's easier to let go. You'll feel pain but it'll be shortlived and not the heavy pain after something has been metaphorically ripped from you inside.

People come and go, in hindsight you'll be able to :insha: take lessons away from this.
              Finally don't communicate with person at all, don't stalk them online, don't 'check up on them'- just delete them from your life and ask Allah to grant you khair and protect you in all things.

The process of moving on is hard but acceptance is a major step in regaining your well being. Ask Allah to provide you this too.
              what did you mean by acceptance is a major step.. also.. can you motivate me to read more quran.. i just don't feel like reading a tafsir or doing anything...

Comment

Originally posted by 1412 View Post
                The mind generates thoughts based on what is in the heart. Everything starts from the heart. Rasoolullah alayhis salaatu wa salaam said there is one organ in the body (the heart) that if it is sound, the whole body is sound and if it is spoilt the whole body is spoilt. Distracting the mind momentarily will only work for as long as the distraction lasts. You have to clean your heart, the Qur'aan is truly miraculous for this. Notice how after you recite the Qur'aan your chest feels light and you feel tranquil. When your heart is clean, your desires and thoughts will align.
                can you motivate me to read more quran.. apart from what you mentioned already

Comment

Originally posted by abcdefghij View Post
                  can you motivate me to read more quran.. apart from what you mentioned already
                  Nobody can help a persom read the Qur'an. You just got to pick it up and read it.
                  Read it in arabic. If you don't know how to then look on youtube. There's a brilliant saying
                  that people wait to do something till they are morivated, but in truth motivation will only come
                  after you started reading it.
                  As children we are motivated to do anything anyone tells us to do. But as adults we are very lazy
                  and unless we start doing an action motivation will never come.
                  So what are you waiting for?

Comment

Start thinking of someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by abcdefghij View Post
                      What are some of the best ways to stop thinking about someone??
                      find your klmnopqrstuvwxyz and fulfill your life i guess.
                      "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
                      -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
                      Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Comment

Out of sight, out of mind. Delete/throw anything to do with them. Keep busy.
                        Oh Allah,
                        Make me want that which is beneficial for me...
                        And make beneficial for me that which I want.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X