Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lying may not seem so big but...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lying may not seem so big but...

    7.*Lying to make people laugh*

    It was narrated that Mu’aawiyah ibn Haydah said: “I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say: ‘Woe to the one who talks to make the people laugh and tells lies, woe to him, woe to him.’”*

    (narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 235. He said: this is a hasan hadeeth. Also narrated by Abu Dawood, 4990).*

    The punishment for lying:*

    The liar is warned of destructive punishment in this world, and humiliating punishment in the Hereafter. These include:*

    1.*Hypocrisy in the heart.*

    Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):*

    “So He punished them by putting hypocrisy into their hearts till the Day whereon they shall meet Him, because they broke that (covenant with Allah) which they had promised to Him and because they used to tell lies

    [al-Tawbah 9:77]*

    ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: “You may know the hypocrite by three things: when he speaks, he lies; when he makes a promise, he breaks it; and when he is entrusted with something he betrays that trust.”. He said: “Recite this ayah (interpretation of the meaning):

    ‘And of them are some who made a covenant with Allah (saying): “If He bestowed on us of His Bounty, we will verily, give Sadaqah (Zakaah and voluntary charity in Allah's Cause) and will be certainly among those who are righteous.”

    Then when He gave them of His Bounty, they became niggardly [refused to pay the Sadaqah (Zakaah or voluntary charity)], and turned away, averse.

    So He punished them by putting hypocrisy into their hearts till the Day whereon they shall meet Him, because they broke that (covenant with Allah) which they had promised to Him and because they used to tell lies

    [al-Tawbah 9:75-77].”*

    (Musanaaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, 6/125)*

    2.*Guidance to evildoing and to the Fire*

    It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said:

    “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘Truthfulness is righteousness, and righteousness leads to*Paradise. A person will continue to tell the truth until he is written with Allah as one who tells the truth. Lying is evildoing, and evildoing leads to Hell. A person will keep on telling lies until he is written as a liar.’”*

    (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 5743; Muslim, 2607)*

    al-San’aani said:*

    This hadeeth indicates that whoever continues to speak the truth, it will become a feature of his, and whoever deliberately tells lies and persists in it, it will become a feature of his.*This is the same as any other good or evil characteristic, if a person persists in it, it becomes a feature of his.*

    This hadeeth indicates how serious the matter of telling the truth is, and that it may lead a person to Paradise, and it indicates how ugly lying is and how it may lead a person to Hell. This is in addition to the consequences in this world, for the one who tells the truth will have his words accepted by people, and his testimony will be accepted by judges and he will be liked for what he says, whereas for the liar the opposite will be the case.*

    Subul al-Salaam, 2/687*
    ...

    It was narrated that Asma’ Bint Yazeed said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘It is not permissible to tell lies except in three (cases): when a man speaks to his wife in a way to please her; lying in war; and lying in order to reconcile between people.’”

    (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1939)*




    http://www.islamtomorrow.com/lies.asp


    This is a reminder for all of us so be careful ppl!
    And Ik all of us love to tell jokes but make sure they don't involve lies for the effects can be detrimental

    :salams
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

    [B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

  • #2
    Re: Lying may not seem so big but...

    Originally posted by zantz View Post
    7.*Lying to make people laugh*

    It was narrated that Mu’aawiyah ibn Haydah said: “I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say: ‘Woe to the one who talks to make the people laugh and tells lies, woe to him, woe to him.’”*

    (narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 235. He said: this is a hasan hadeeth. Also narrated by Abu Dawood, 4990).*

    The punishment for lying:*

    The liar is warned of destructive punishment in this world, and humiliating punishment in the Hereafter. These include:*

    1.*Hypocrisy in the heart.*

    Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):*

    “So He punished them by putting hypocrisy into their hearts till the Day whereon they shall meet Him, because they broke that (covenant with Allah) which they had promised to Him and because they used to tell lies

    [al-Tawbah 9:77]*

    ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: “You may know the hypocrite by three things: when he speaks, he lies; when he makes a promise, he breaks it; and when he is entrusted with something he betrays that trust.”. He said: “Recite this ayah (interpretation of the meaning):

    ‘And of them are some who made a covenant with Allah (saying): “If He bestowed on us of His Bounty, we will verily, give Sadaqah (Zakaah and voluntary charity in Allah's Cause) and will be certainly among those who are righteous.”

    Then when He gave them of His Bounty, they became niggardly [refused to pay the Sadaqah (Zakaah or voluntary charity)], and turned away, averse.

    So He punished them by putting hypocrisy into their hearts till the Day whereon they shall meet Him, because they broke that (covenant with Allah) which they had promised to Him and because they used to tell lies

    [al-Tawbah 9:75-77].”*

    (Musanaaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, 6/125)*

    2.*Guidance to evildoing and to the Fire*

    It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said:

    “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘Truthfulness is righteousness, and righteousness leads to*Paradise. A person will continue to tell the truth until he is written with Allah as one who tells the truth. Lying is evildoing, and evildoing leads to Hell. A person will keep on telling lies until he is written as a liar.’”*

    (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 5743; Muslim, 2607)*

    al-San’aani said:*

    This hadeeth indicates that whoever continues to speak the truth, it will become a feature of his, and whoever deliberately tells lies and persists in it, it will become a feature of his.*This is the same as any other good or evil characteristic, if a person persists in it, it becomes a feature of his.*

    This hadeeth indicates how serious the matter of telling the truth is, and that it may lead a person to Paradise, and it indicates how ugly lying is and how it may lead a person to Hell. This is in addition to the consequences in this world, for the one who tells the truth will have his words accepted by people, and his testimony will be accepted by judges and he will be liked for what he says, whereas for the liar the opposite will be the case.*

    Subul al-Salaam, 2/687*
    ...

    It was narrated that Asma’ Bint Yazeed said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘It is not permissible to tell lies except in three (cases): when a man speaks to his wife in a way to please her; lying in war; and lying in order to reconcile between people.’”

    (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1939)*




    http://www.islamtomorrow.com/lies.asp


    This is a reminder for all of us so be careful ppl!
    And Ik all of us love to tell jokes but make sure they don't involve lies for the effects can be detrimental

    :salams
    Great post :)

    Comment


    • #3
      Lying may not seem so big but...

      bump
      [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
      [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

      [B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Lying may not seem so big but...

        :salams:

        :jkk: This is a very useful reminder for parents as being lied to by kids is something we may have to deal with from time to time subhanallah. In our house, any untruthfulness means a lecture based on these daleels, focusing on why it leads to Jahannam.
        Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Lying may not seem so big but...

          :wswrwb:
          wa antum fa jazakumullahu khairan
          [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
          [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

          [B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Lying may not seem so big but...

            People say, 'its only a joke' , but a lie is a lie, and not allowed.

            Jazakallah khair for this thread.
            “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


            Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Lying may not seem so big but...

              Originally posted by zantz View Post
              bump

              :salams:

              :brf: for this thread Brother, a well needed reminder.

              Jazak Allah Al Jannah
              Last edited by hasan2013; 26-03-16, 05:52 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Lying may not seem so big but...

                :wswrwb:

                :jkk: akhi.

                This reminds me of this hadith:

                Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
                The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "When the time draws near (i.e., near the end of the world), the dream of a believer can hardly be false; and the dream of a believer represents one part from forty-six parts of Prophethood."

                [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

                One narration says: Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "The most truthful of you in their speech are those who see the truest visions."

                I guess people who lie a lot are also less likely to have true dreams.
                Narrated Anas:
                The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Lying may not seem so big but...

                  Originally posted by ms.muslimah View Post
                  :wswrwb:

                  :jkk: akhi.

                  This reminds me of this hadith:

                  Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
                  The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "When the time draws near (i.e., near the end of the world), the dream of a believer can hardly be false; and the dream of a believer represents one part from forty-six parts of Prophethood."

                  [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

                  One narration says: Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "The most truthful of you in their speech are those who see the truest visions."

                  I guess people who lie a lot are also less likely to have true dreams.
                  wa antum fa jazakumullahu khairan
                  Wow :sub that's really eye-opening, I really want true dreams
                  [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                  [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

                  [B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Lying may not seem so big but...

                    :jkk:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Lying may not seem so big but...

                      Originally posted by ~Umar~ View Post
                      :jkk:
                      Wa iyyaki
                      [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                      [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

                      [B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X