X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Use the du'a of Nabi Adam (as) when you feel like a loser

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    Inspired by Morose's recent thread:

رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ
    Rabbana thalamna anfusana wain lam taghfir lana watarhamna lanakoonanna mina alkhasireena

"Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers."

Surah Al-Araf ayah 23 [7:23]

There are times when we feel like failures, losers, hasbeens, etc... We didn't past the test, get that job, marry that person, or make it to the store in time to buy some ice cream that was on sale at a really low price...Such is life. And this feeling is completely normal and very human.

But how we react when we fail is what shapes you as a person. Do you give up? Or do you stop, reflect, and try to move on in the best of ways? A great story in the Quran about someone who failed their test, but still came through on top is the story of our father Nabi Adam (as).

We all know of the story, so I won't get into that, but I what Nabi Adam (as) did after he failed should be an inspiration for all of us. Did Nabi Adam (as) give up? Nope. Did he pull a shaytan and try to blame Allah for what happened? Astaghfirullah No. He acknowledged that he was wrong and sought forgiveness. He understood that the only way to be a loser is to be away from Allah and not have His Mercy.

As long as we're alive and breathing, this is the mentality that we should have. Failure is a part of life, but don't let the failures define you or make you stray from Allah
    جزاك اللهُ خيراً‎

Also I inspired this post? Wow. Well I'm sure whatever thread I made was useless but at least something good came out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
      جزاك اللهُ خيراً‎

Also I inspired this post? Wow. Well I'm sure whatever thread I made was useless but at least something good came out of it.
      Not your recent ones, but there was one you made many moons back that was good.

Also, you dropped a du'a and didn't expand on it. Please do akhi.

:salams

I love this so much:

رَبِّ قَدْ ءَاتَيْتَنِى مِنَ ٱلْمُلْكِ وَعَلَّمْتَنِى مِن تَأْوِيلِ ٱلْأَحَادِيثِ ۚ فَاطِرَ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ أَنتَ وَلِىِّۦ فِى ٱلدُّنْيَا وَٱلْءَاخِرَةِ ۖ تَوَفَّنِى مُسْلِمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِى بِٱلصَّٰلِحِينَ

------------------------------------------------------------ O ------------------------------------------------------------
      Rabbi qad aataitanee minal mulki wa 'allamtanee min taaweelil ahaadees; faati ras samaawaati wal ardi Anta waliyyee fid dunyaa wal Aakhirati tawaffanee muslimanw wa alhiqnee bissaaliheen

------------------------------------------------------------ O ------------------------------------------------------------

My Lord, You have given me [something] of sovereignty and taught me of the interpretation of dreams. Creator of the heavens and earth, You are my protector in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die a Muslim and join me with the righteous."

The Holy Qur'an, [12:101]
      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
      It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
      Surah al-Baqarah
      [2:245]

.:.
      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Not your recent ones, but there was one you made many moons back that was good.

Also, you dropped a du'a and didn't expand on it. Please do akhi.
        I will expand on it when I am on my laptop in sha Allah.

جزاك اللهُ خيراً‎ for reminding me I love that ayah so much.

Comment

I'll hold you to that inshaaAllah and since I'm nice, I'll even provide you with a rare Pippin certified rep once you're done.

..I feel like this thread is just a bunch of rambling posts by me, so please share your thoughts on the ayah/du'a and another one that you like. Plus, I shared my thoughts on it in post 30 so seeing a different perspective would be great.
          مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
          Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

It's been almost two years and still no response :(

also ~bump~

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Re: Use the du'a of Nabi Ayyub (as) when you're feeling down

لَّا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

la ilaha illa anta subhanaka inneekuntu mina alththalimeena

"There is no god but thou: glory to thee: I was indeed wrong!"
              ~Surah Al-Anbiyaa ayah 87 [21:87]

This is the du'a that Zun-Nun aka Nabi Yunus (as) made when he was in the darkest of darkest places. He was in the belly of a whale, in the depths of the ocean, during night time. That's a dark place to be in. But even when he was in that point, he made du'a and Allah answered him. And he knew that. He knew that Allah would answer him as long as he....asked. Allah even makes a note of it when He says, “Had he not been of them who glorify Allah, He would have indeed remained inside its belly (the fish) till the Day of Resurrection.” (Surah As-Saffaat, 143-144)

Think about that for a moment. When we are in our deepest and darkest moments. When we feel despair, depressed, or hopeless and we're in that darkest of dark places then the only thing we can do is rush back to Allah . If we don't, then Allah may leave us in that position till the Day of Judgement and we don't want that. When we sin, Shaytan makes it seem so big that it can never be forgiven, but it can.

I mean, Nabi Yunus (as) abandoned his people because he was angry with their disbelief and Allah forgave him for that. (Fun point, this is actually one of the reasons why I love Nabi Yunus (as), because sometimes you read what happens with the Prophets (as) and you just want to go into rage mode over the abuse that they suffered.)

Even though we won't ever find ourselves in the same predicament, we can still implement this du'a in our daily lives. The Prophet (SAW) said, when it comes to this du'a, “No Muslim ever prays to his Lord with these words for anything, but He will answer his prayer.” [Tirmidhi/Nasa'i]

So don't let your darkness and sins weight you down. Liberate yourself by running back to Allah
              Alhamdulilah this is an excellent point sister. I hope that I can implement this when I'm feeling down, in sha Allah.
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

bump..

Comment

Working...
                X