This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use the du'a of Nabi Musa (as) when you feel tongue-tied

[Edit: This thread was original about Nabi Musa's (as) du'a, but has changed to du'as of the Prophets (as) as found in the Quran and Sunnah. If you have one, please share and include a reflection for it so it can touch our hearts]

:salams

This is going to be another reflection thread from me. So, I heard a friend mention this and was kind of blown away about it. Due to love of thinking, I started to think about this du'a and realized we can use it all the time. What du'a am I talking about? The du'a Musa (as) used when he went to talk to the Pharaoh.

رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي (20:25)

وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي (20:26)

وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي (20:27)

يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي (20:28)

rabbi ishrah lee sadree

Wayassir lee amree
    Waohlul AAuqdatan min lisanee
    Yafqahoo qawlee

"O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness).

"And ease my task for me;
    "And make loose the knot (the defect) from my tongue, (i.e. remove the incorrectness from my speech)
    "That they understand my speech,”

Al-Qur'an, 20.025-28 (Ta Ha [Ta Ha])

Think about it, Nabi Musa (as) was asking help from Allah and to make his speech easy. We know that he had trouble speaking due to an incident that happened when he was younger. For the longest time, I thought this would be a great du'a for those who have speech impediments of any kind. But then I realized that it could be used for so much more. Say you need to talk to a friend about something important, but you don't know how to get the words out. Maybe you need to apologize or start the road to recovery after something happened but you can't take that first step. Your friend isn't the Pharaoh, but the task in front of you seems heavy that you can't say anything.

Make this du'a!

Say you want to bring up a marriage subject to your parents, but you fear that they'll just shut you down and won't listen to you (for whatever reason).

Make this du'a!

Your spouse is doing something you don't like, but every time you talk an argument happens so you don't feel like talking anymore.

Make this du'a!

Someone at work is doing something that will affect the business and you feel like you should tell your boss, but you can't.

Make this du'a.

Basically, whenever you feel like you are tongue-tied use this du'a to get it unwrapped. Then follow Allah's command to Nabi Musa (as) and approach the person with kindness and firmness. You need balance peeps!

Many people have issues with communication, so why not turn to Allah's Book and use a tried and true du'a to make it work for you? May Allah help us with our communication skills and May He help us memorize and implement this du'a. Ameen.
    Last edited by Pippin1376; 01-07-16, 03:35 PM.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Use the du'a of Nabi Musa (as) when you feel tongue-tied

:jkk:
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Re: Use the du'a of Nabi Musa (as) when you feel tongue-tied

:jkk:

very nice

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      -------------------------------------------------------
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Use the du'a of Nabi Ayyub (as) when you're feeling down

Are you feeling emotionally down and need help? Do you find yourself in a cycle of pain and don't know what to do? Then follow the du'a of Nabi Ayyub (as).

أَنِّي مَسَّنِيَ الضُّرُّ وَأَنتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ (21:83)

annee massaniya alddurru waanta arhamu alrrahimeena

"Verily, distress has seized me, and You are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy."
        Al-Qur'an, 021.083 (Al-Anbiya [The Prophets])

Sure this was for a physical problem, but emotional pain is just as important to cure.

The Quran, it's a beautiful thing.
        مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
        Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Re: Use the du'a of Nabi Ayyub (as) when you're feeling down

How about duaa Yunus when in difficulty caused by your own deeds. An lailaha ila ant, subhanak, ini kuntu Mina athalimeen. (Excuse me spelling, and any errors in the dua, its from memory)
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
            How about duaa Yunus when in difficulty caused by your own deeds. An lailaha ila ant, subhanak, ini kuntu Mina athalimeen. (Excuse me spelling, and any errors in the dua, its from memory)
            That's a good one too! But since you brought it up you need to find the du'a in arabic, transliteration, and translation and post it here so you can rake in some extra ajr when others read it and inshaaAllah implement it in their lives. Provide a mini reflection on it too.

...sounds a bit like I'm asking you to do homework lol. Maybe I should change the title of the thread to 'use the du'as made by the Prophets (as) in your day to day life.'
            Last edited by Pippin1376; 02-08-15, 04:15 AM.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
              That's a good one too! But since you brought it up you need to find the du'a in arabic, transliteration, and translation and post it here so you can rake in some extra ajr when others read it and inshaaAllah implement it in their lives. Provide a mini reflection on it too.

...sounds a bit like I'm asking you to do homework lol. May I should change the title of the thread to 'use the du'as made by the Prophets (as) in your day to day life.'
              lol tell me about it!

aight, will do it soon :insha:
              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Re: Use the du'a of Nabi Musa (as) when you feel tongue-tied

:wswrwb:

really good thread Alhamdulillah

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                  lol tell me about it!

Aight, will do it soon :insha:
                  :)

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Another du'a to be used
                    رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ (14:41)

Rabbana ighfir lee waliwalidayya walilmumineena yawma yaqoomu alhisabu
                    "Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established."
                    Al-Qur'an, 14.041 (Ibrahim[Abraham])

Nabi Ibrahim made this du'a for his parents, but why not use it for yours as well? Plus, when you make du'a for your parents and all of the believers then the angels who hold the throne of Allah will make du'a for you. Imagine so many du'as asking Allah for your forgiveness from the highest of angels?

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

~bumpi~

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

:wswrwb:

beautiful thread.. :jkk:
                        sigpic

Comment

bump..

Comment

jazakallah SL and pippin...........beautiful duas we should say more often

Comment

لَّا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

la ilaha illa anta subhanaka inneekuntu mina alththalimeena

"There is no god but thou: glory to thee: I was indeed wrong!"
                              ~Surah Al-Anbiyaa ayah 87 [21:87]

This is the du'a that Zun-Nun aka Nabi Yunus (as) made when he was in the darkest of darkest places. He was in the belly of a whale, in the depths of the ocean, during night time. That's a dark place to be in. But even when he was in that point, he made du'a and Allah answered him. And he knew that. He knew that Allah would answer him as long as he....asked. Allah even makes a note of it when He says, “Had he not been of them who glorify Allah, He would have indeed remained inside its belly (the fish) till the Day of Resurrection.” (Surah As-Saffaat, 143-144)

Think about that for a moment. When we are in our deepest and darkest moments. When we feel despair, depressed, or hopeless and we're in that darkest of dark places then the only thing we can do is rush back to Allah . If we don't, then Allah may leave us in that position till the Day of Judgement and we don't want that. When we sin, Shaytan makes it seem so big that it can never be forgiven, but it can.

I mean, Nabi Yunus (as) abandoned his people because he was angry with their disbelief and Allah forgave him for that. (Fun point, this is actually one of the reasons why I love Nabi Yunus (as), because sometimes you read what happens with the Prophets (as) and you just want to go into rage mode over the abuse that they suffered.)

Even though we won't ever find ourselves in the same predicament, we can still implement this du'a in our daily lives. The Prophet (SAW) said, when it comes to this du'a, “No Muslim ever prays to his Lord with these words for anything, but He will answer his prayer.” [Tirmidhi/Nasa'i]

So don't let your darkness and sins weight you down. Liberate yourself by running back to Allah

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Working...
                              X