• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nonameakhi
    replied
    Re: Am I a Fasiq?

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
    Umm no that is not true.wudu needs to be done the way the Prophet pbuh did it to be valid. There are clear hadith that show this. We need to hold on to sunnah of the Prophet pbuh so we don't go astray. Saying that that which is in the Quran is fardh while that which isn't is sunnah is a wrong interpretation of fiqh. Correct division of sunnah is that there are obligatory sunnah and prrferred sunnah (acts which are preferred but not obligatory). Wudu according to sunnah is necessary because there are hadith that show this. However, if one does more than the required than Allah is forgiving. Also, recently heard a hadith that those who wash more than the required amount in wudu will get more reward. (Don't remember the exact words of the hadith )
    Sister there are many facets to this discussion and maybe after ramadhan a thread would be a good idea inshallah. then the faraidh sunnah and mustahab can be discussed

But to allay your fears there is evidence for the Prophet saw doing wudhu in different ways

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
    The Prophet (peace be upon him) performed ablution by washing the body parts only once.

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 157
    In-book reference : Book 4, Hadith 23

Narrated `Abdullah bin Zaid:
    The Prophet (peace be upon him) performed ablution by washing the body parts twice.

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 158
    In-book reference : Book 4, Hadith 24

and of course the 3 times hadiths too

Leave a comment:

• umm salabil
    replied

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
    sister this is true with regards to many things and it is also true that we should try and stick close to what the Prophet saw did in all aspects of our lives

However in some instances its not deviation and wudhu is one of them. In wudhu we do certain ''extras'' because the Prophet saw did it and it is sunnah, however the validity of wudhu is there if washed once or if the actions described for wudhu in quran are done
    Umm no that is not true.wudu needs to be done the way the Prophet pbuh did it to be valid. There are clear hadith that show this. We need to hold on to sunnah of the Prophet pbuh so we don't go astray. Saying that that which is in the Quran is fardh while that which isn't is sunnah is a wrong interpretation of fiqh. Correct division of sunnah is that there are obligatory sunnah and prrferred sunnah (acts which are preferred but not obligatory). Wudu according to sunnah is necessary because there are hadith that show this. However, if one does more than the required than Allah is forgiving. Also, recently heard a hadith that those who wash more than the required amount in wudu will get more reward. (Don't remember the exact words of the hadith )

Leave a comment:

• TurningTables
    replied

sister this is true with regards to many things and it is also true that we should try and stick close to what the Prophet saw did in all aspects of our lives

However in some instances its not deviation and wudhu is one of them. In wudhu we do certain ''extras'' because the Prophet saw did it and it is sunnah, however the validity of wudhu is there if washed once or if the actions described for wudhu in quran are done
    JazakAllahu khair for the clarification I just didn't know at what point something becomes biddah not to complicate things or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Serinity
    replied

Brother I have come across many cases where people are struggling with wudhu (and even salah) and it is down to waswasa. I have known people spend hours just on istinjha and it can be soul destroying and to the point people simply stop praying. In simple terms this is what the shaytaan wants and hence the whisperings (waswasa)

Islam isn't hard for us and Allah swt makes it easy. In times of forgetfulness we take the positive. SO if you for example think you have wudhu but cant remember then you have wudhu, simple.

Its hard to go through the basics with you on here but its a case of just fighting through it. make wudhu once and just get up and go
    Yeah, the frustration has made me say things I now regret (I said something out of frustration) and now I feel guilty........ Even though I knew...
    I know Islam isn't supposed to be hard, and isn't. It is us and our sins, and shortcoming etc. That makes it hard.

I just wish I had a teacher I could talk to about my doubts..... Like give me certainty of truth. Although I know. But I just want for once to see it for myself.
    Sometimes you know the truth is right before you, but your heart doesn't find rest, do you know that feeling?
    Last edited by Serinity; 21-06-15, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nonameakhi
    replied

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
    I have a major wudhu problem, I forget where I came, and then do it over again, and it repeats, a vicious cycle.

So in order to break this cycle of worrying about where I came to, I just broke it by washing my foot an extra time, knowing that I may hit 4 times or 3
    times.

Am I a fasiq? I might have sinned, and if I have, it was intentional, because, I wanted to break this cycle of repeating wudhu over and over again. But now I worry about myself being a fasiq, and I know Allah SWT doesn't guide the fasiq. :(

Well, I had a reason for doing it, rather if I didn't I'd repeat my wudhu over again, and then it would repeat. :( So actually I didn't do it willingly or because of free will, knowingly like that, but to break this cycle.

Edit: I washed an extra time, because I wanted to break this vicious cycle. Not because I wanted to disobey Allah SWT, although at that time I knew that I may have disobeyed, but it was soo I could break this cycle. :(
    Brother I have come across many cases where people are struggling with wudhu (and even salah) and it is down to waswasa. I have known people spend hours just on istinjha and it can be soul destroying and to the point people simply stop praying. In simple terms this is what the shaytaan wants and hence the whisperings (waswasa)

Islam isn't hard for us and Allah swt makes it easy. In times of forgetfulness we take the positive. SO if you for example think you have wudhu but cant remember then you have wudhu, simple.

Its hard to go through the basics with you on here but its a case of just fighting through it. make wudhu once and just get up and go

Leave a comment:

• nonameakhi
    replied

Originally posted by TurningTables View Post
    Because we should do as the Prophet (salalahu alayhi wasalam) did and not deviate in the slightest.

Leave a comment:

• Serinity
    replied

Originally posted by brothernd View Post
    Fastaidh Billah. Say bismillah before you do wudu. Count on fingers if you need to do so.
    Then do wudu.
    :jkk: great advice and information to both of you. :D

Leave a comment:

• brothernd
    replied

Fastaidh Billah. Say bismillah before you do wudu. Count on fingers if you need to do so.
    Then do wudu.

Leave a comment:

• MuslimWarrior
    replied

Transgressing means to add additions like you make it a requirement always to wash 5 times or you make it fard to do masah 3 times whilst it should be done once.

But due to forgetfulness you wash your body part 4 times instead of 3 is hardly transgressing

Leave a comment:

• Serinity
    replied

I read (can't remember where) that the Prophet Muhammad SAW said something along the lines of: "If anyone does anymore than this (in wudhu) he has transgressed himself"

I mean in the process of performing wudhu. Of course washing outside wudhu doesn't invalidate wudhu.

Leave a comment:

• MuslimWarrior
    replied

Why are people advising on this thread ignorantly

People need to learn the basics of wudhu before giving advise if more than 3 times is valid or not.

When you have a shower and you wash your limbs continuously does that also invalidate your wudhu or make you a deviant?

Please educate yourself before giving advise

Leave a comment:

• Serinity
    replied

Well sometimes I'm in a confused state, and was an extra time.

Leave a comment:

• TurningTables
    replied

Originally posted by طالب العلمAhmed View Post
    there's no problem in washing a foot an extra time, by accident
    Agreed if it's by accident.

Leave a comment:

• طالب العلمAhmed
    replied

Originally posted by TurningTables View Post
    Because we should do as the Prophet (salalahu alayhi wasalam) did and not deviate in the slightest.
    there's no problem in washing a foot an extra time, by accident

Leave a comment:

• muzzybee
    replied

I think this is waswasah,my view strictly
    Last edited by muzzybee; 21-06-15, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X