Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I a Fasiq?

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
    sister this is true with regards to many things and it is also true that we should try and stick close to what the Prophet saw did in all aspects of our lives

However in some instances its not deviation and wudhu is one of them. In wudhu we do certain ''extras'' because the Prophet saw did it and it is sunnah, however the validity of wudhu is there if washed once or if the actions described for wudhu in quran are done
    JazakAllahu khair for the clarification I just didn't know at what point something becomes biddah not to complicate things or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
      sister this is true with regards to many things and it is also true that we should try and stick close to what the Prophet saw did in all aspects of our lives

However in some instances its not deviation and wudhu is one of them. In wudhu we do certain ''extras'' because the Prophet saw did it and it is sunnah, however the validity of wudhu is there if washed once or if the actions described for wudhu in quran are done
      Umm no that is not true.wudu needs to be done the way the Prophet pbuh did it to be valid. There are clear hadith that show this. We need to hold on to sunnah of the Prophet pbuh so we don't go astray. Saying that that which is in the Quran is fardh while that which isn't is sunnah is a wrong interpretation of fiqh. Correct division of sunnah is that there are obligatory sunnah and prrferred sunnah (acts which are preferred but not obligatory). Wudu according to sunnah is necessary because there are hadith that show this. However, if one does more than the required than Allah is forgiving. Also, recently heard a hadith that those who wash more than the required amount in wudu will get more reward. (Don't remember the exact words of the hadith )

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
        Umm no that is not true.wudu needs to be done the way the Prophet pbuh did it to be valid. There are clear hadith that show this. We need to hold on to sunnah of the Prophet pbuh so we don't go astray. Saying that that which is in the Quran is fardh while that which isn't is sunnah is a wrong interpretation of fiqh. Correct division of sunnah is that there are obligatory sunnah and prrferred sunnah (acts which are preferred but not obligatory). Wudu according to sunnah is necessary because there are hadith that show this. However, if one does more than the required than Allah is forgiving. Also, recently heard a hadith that those who wash more than the required amount in wudu will get more reward. (Don't remember the exact words of the hadith )
        Sister there are many facets to this discussion and maybe after ramadhan a thread would be a good idea inshallah. then the faraidh sunnah and mustahab can be discussed

But to allay your fears there is evidence for the Prophet saw doing wudhu in different ways

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
        The Prophet (peace be upon him) performed ablution by washing the body parts only once.

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 157
        In-book reference : Book 4, Hadith 23

Narrated `Abdullah bin Zaid:
        The Prophet (peace be upon him) performed ablution by washing the body parts twice.

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 158
        In-book reference : Book 4, Hadith 24

and of course the 3 times hadiths too

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X