Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats on Muslim Youth - Thoughts

:salams

So I saw this infographic on facebook and thought it was pretty interesting. Sad, but interesting. I think it might provide a good perspective on those who come here and ask about questions pertaining to these things. Sometimes we're so quick to condemn them without realizing how prevalent these things are in our society.

Not sure about everyone here, but I believe some of us know a Muslim who has dated, drank alcohol, done drugs, gambled, etc... It's sad. May Allah protect us all from this and guide back those who have fallen into it. Ameen.

ps. On the infographic it says 58% of students did one of these things and then says 77% of students did two or more. This may seem like a contradiction, but it's not. Of the 58% of students that tried these things 77% said that they've done two or more.
    Last edited by Pippin1376; 19-06-15, 08:48 PM.
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Re: Stats on Muslim Youth - Thoughts

This is why I don't plan on marrying Muslims in the West.

What makes my blood boil is that some of these Men and Women generally have pre-martial sex with Non-Muslim Men and Women as well...Since they are to embarrassed to do it with another Muslim.

This study shows that if you are to ask someone in the west for marriage and the lady/man was raised in the west and studies in western university...There is strong chance they have committed ZINA already and done all sorts of things.

However with all that said, It's about what they are now and not what they are before..I believe many of these kids straighten their lives up after getting enough non Muslim boys, so it's a matter of learning...

I do pray that Allah Protect me from marrying someone who answered YES to ZINA in those questionaire..scary thing is, it's 1 out of 2..If you have spoken to 6 potentials, 3 of them have had rellationships before that involved zina.
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Comment

Look at the way that representation of a "Female Muslim" is dressed Astaighfirullah.

Comment

Those stats are so false
        [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
        [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Abu-Mohamed View Post
          Look at the way that representation of a "Female Muslim" is dressed Astaighfirullah.
          So, that's the one thing you took from this whole mess???
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Pip, what Muslim youth is this? Region/culture/ages/sample size. How was this study conducted? By whom? Are all subjects really Muslim? So many questions left un-answered. All these factors are needed. We can't take a small sample from one random university under whatever condition and apply it to all Muslim youth, equally..

I also don't get the point of sharing this on ummah forum when we should hide the evil deeds not spread them. And the only purpose this will serve on this forum is cause further suspiciousness/slander of Muslims or make this seem normal as so many Muslims are doing it, therefore causing those who abstained to become lax. We at ummah forum are not matur enough yet to use the above information in a positive way.
            Last edited by *sheba*; 19-06-15, 11:12 AM.
            O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
              Pip, what Muslim youth is this? Region/culture/ages/sample size. How was this study conducted? By whom? Are all subjects really Muslim? So many questions left un-answered. All these factors are needed. We can't take a small sample from one random university under whatever condition and apply it to all Muslim youth, equally..

I also don't get the point of sharing this on ummah forum when we should hide the evil deeds not spread them. And the only purpose this will serve on this forum is cause further suspiciousness/slander of Muslims or make this seem normal as so many Muslims are doing it, therefore causing those who abstained to become lax. We at ummah forum are not matur enough yet to use the above information in a positive way.
              Masha Allah - excellent reply
              "The only one who will not break ur heart is the one who made it"

FriEND..BestfriEND..GirlfriEND..BoyfriEND..Everyth ing comes to an END... Except Allah ﷻ strengthen your love for the One who created your heart.

Comment

Does the stat apply to all Western areas covering US and Europe or what? Its quite hard to believe this stat without giving a scope.

Comment

Where did they get these figures from? And how big was the sample size?
                  They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post

I got the infographic from Facebook. Here's the link to it: The Family & Youth Institute

I don't understand your comment though. I'm sharing this to show the realities of what the youth are facing and maybe give a perspective that when some come on this forum seeking advice because they've fallen into these sins, then they could very well be genuine even though what they're doing is haram. By shoving it aside and not addressing this issues will only hurt the future generations. If the Muslims surveyed for this are falling along the wayside, then what does that say about us as a community? We're failing them. When I saw these stats I was just sad because I felt like we as Muslims are failing our brothers and sisters in Islam.

I don't know if this would make those who abstain become lax, but I think if they do it's not because of the infographic it's because us as Muslims have become lax when it comes to being there for our Muslim brothers and sisters.
                    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                    [2:186]

.:.
                    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X