Does inhaling smoke break fast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does inhaling smoke break fast?

Does it break fast? I'm not a smoker, alhamdulillah, but the environment where I live, I inhale smoke, is my fast broken?
    When I do wudhu, I thought it was wass that made me go all forgetful, but it seems like not to be it.. So it is myself?!

I don't want to be negative, but I can't help it, forgetful in wudhu, broken fast? :(

Alhamdulillah, at least there are muslims around the world benfiting from this month. :/
    La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
    (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
    Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Re: Does inhaling smoke break fast?

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
    Does it break fast? I'm not a smoker, alhamdulillah, but the environment where I live, I inhale smoke, is my fast broken?
    When I do wudhu, I thought it was wass that made me go all forgetful, but it seems like not to be it.. So it is myself?!

I don't want to be negative, but I can't help it, forgetful in wudhu, broken fast? :(

Alhamdulillah, at least there are muslims around the world benfiting from this month. :/
    As Salaam Ulaikum Wr Wb,

Elaborate environment i live in? Are you referring that people around you smoke cigarette?

If the case is so then you should avoid it as much as possible and your fast will not be broken. But if you intentionally sit in that environment and inhale it - it will break.

Also please explain the second question on Wudu? are you referring to waswasa ?

May Allah guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen
    "The only one who will not break ur heart is the one who made it"

FriEND..BestfriEND..GirlfriEND..BoyfriEND..Everyth ing comes to an END... Except Allah ﷻ strengthen your love for the One who created your heart.

Comment

Originally posted by talibeilm100 View Post
      As Salaam Ulaikum Wr Wb,

Elaborate environment i live in? Are you referring that people around you smoke cigarette?

If the case is so then you should avoid it as much as possible and your fast will not be broken. But if you intentionally sit in that environment and inhale it - it will break.

Also please explain the second question on Wudu? are you referring to waswasa ?

alaikum wa salam Wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Well, now I know that. In sha Allah it is not broken. I came in contact with it and immediately left the area full of smoke.
      How can I escape it? :( I'll have to be completely outside 100% 24/7 to not get smoke in my lungs.

Yes I was referring to waswasa, but it is ramadhan so it could never be it... :/

Ameen to the dua, very much needed. :)
      La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
      (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'

Comment

alaikum wa salam Wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Well, now I know that. In sha Allah it is not broken. I came in contact with it and immediately left the area full of smoke.
        How can I escape it? :( I'll have to be completely outside 100% 24/7 to not get smoke in my lungs.

Yes I was referring to waswasa, but it is ramadhan so it could never be it... :/

Ameen to the dua, very much needed. :)
        Brother try to avoid it as much as possible and discuss this with the other person so that he goes outside or in another room to smoke. If this is not possible and he does not listen to you, then you have move outside or in another room to avoid it as much as you can.

Regarding waswasa you should try reciting the following:

A'udhu billaahi minashaythanirajeem

Rabbi inni a’uzu bika min hamazat ashayatin wa a’uzu bika rabbi an yahdurun

and

La Hawla Wala Quwatha Illah billahil aliyyil Adheem

JUST IGNORE shaythans whispers. He will keep telling you your wudhu or your prayers are incorrect OR you have missed out something in your salaah then you must NOT repeat the Salaah again until and unless you are 100% sure about something.

May Allah make it easy for you, protect you and guide all of us towards the right path. Ameen

FriEND..BestfriEND..GirlfriEND..BoyfriEND..Everyth ing comes to an END... Except Allah ﷻ strengthen your love for the One who created your heart.

Comment

Brother try to avoid it as much as possible and discuss this with the other person so that he goes outside or in another room to smoke. If this is not possible and he does not listen to you, then you have move outside or in another room to avoid it as much as you can.

Regarding waswasa you should try reciting the following:

A'udhu billaahi minashaythanirajeem

Rabbi inni a’uzu bika min hamazat ashayatin wa a’uzu bika rabbi an yahdurun

and

JUST IGNORE shaythans whispers. He will keep telling you your wudhu or your prayers are incorrect OR you have missed out something in your salaah then you must NOT repeat the Salaah again until and unless you are 100% sure about something.

May Allah make it easy for you, protect you and guide all of us towards the right path. Ameen
          Can you please translate them, and are they authentic?

I thought Shaytaan was locked down. :/

Comment

I think it doesn't. It would be like living near the sea. You would taste salty air. I don't think that would break the fast would it?
            Still try to avoid inhaling second hand smoke. You can cover your mouth and nose with that thing people use to protect from pollution, germs etc. (That doctors and nurses wear).

Comment

:jkk:

Will bleeding from doing wudhu break fast? :(

Comment

Can you please translate them, and are they authentic?

I thought Shaytaan was locked down. :/
                أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيمA'udhu billaahi minashaythanirajeem

I seek refuge from the accursed Satan

وَقُلْ رَبِّ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ هَمَزَاتِ الشَّيَاطِينِ

وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ رَبِّ أَنْ يَحْضُرُونِ

Rabbi inni a’uzu bika min hamazat ashayatin wa a’uzu bika rabbi an yahdurun (Surah Al Mu'minoun, Verse 97 & 98)

O my Lord! I seek your protection from the instigations of devils and I also seek your protection from that they (ever) come to me

لا حَوْلَ وَلا قُوَّةَ إلاّ بِاللهِ الْعَليِّ الْعَظيمِ

There is no power no strength but from Allah

Hadith for the above:

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الصَّبَّاحِ، أَنْبَأَنَا جَرِيرٌ، عَنْ عَاصِمٍ الأَحْوَلِ، عَنْ أَبِي عُثْمَانَ، عَنْ أَبِي مُوسَى، قَالَ سَمِعَنِي النَّبِيُّ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ وَأَنَا أَقُولُ، لاَ حَوْلَ وَلاَ قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِاللَّهِ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ يَا عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ قَيْسٍ أَلاَ أَدُلُّكَ عَلَى كَلِمَةٍ مِنْ كُنُوزِ الْجَنَّةِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قُلْتُ بَلَى يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ قُلْ لاَ حَوْلَ وَلاَ قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِاللَّهِ ‏

It was narrated that Abu Musa said: "The Prophet heard me saying: 'La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (there is no power and no strength except with Allah).' He said: 'O 'Abdullah bin Qais! Shall I not tell you of a word which is one of the treasures of Paradise?' I said: 'Yes, O Messenger of Allah.' He said: 'Say: La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (There is no power and no strength except with Allah).'" [Sunan Ibn Majah, Book 33, Hadith 169]

Comment

:jkk:

Will bleeding from doing wudhu break fast? :(
                  What do you mean by that ?

Comment

salam bro

if I forget at what stage my wudu is at, I just repeat the whole thing again, but I do not know if this correct.

asalamu alaikum

Comment

What do you mean by that ?
                      After wudhu my right hand has minor bleeding (not pouring out bleeding-ish. But I can see red dots)

@cloud9 hm... :jkk: May do that. :D

Comment

Originally posted by cloud9 View Post
                        salam bro

if I forget at what stage my wudu is at, I just repeat the whole thing again, but I do not know if this correct.

asalamu alaikum
                        Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb Sis,

One should empty his mind when preparing for Salaah so that total concentration is towards pleasing our Lord - Allah.

It is a Sunnah to do wudhu according to the correct sequence and if one forgets in the middle and cannot remember - its best to start over again.

Comment

IT IS SOO FRUSTRATING.
                          I have probably broken my fast because of bleeding, and now in the middle of praying I bleed too? :( How am I going to pray and fast like this?

Comment

After wudhu my right hand has minor bleeding (not pouring out bleeding-ish. But I can see red dots)

@cloud9 hm... :jkk: May do that. :D
                            If its just some red dots and no blood actually flows out then your wudhu is valid. If you wipe it a few times and still the blood keeps on coming (like flowing) then you have to wait for it to stop and redo your wudhu according to hanafi fiqh.

The evidence for redoing wudhu in case of bleeding or blood flowing out is mentioned in the below hadith:

89 الموطأ - رواية محمد بن الحسن - (ج 1 / ص)
                            ومن ذلك ما أخرجه ابن عدي في " الكامل " عن زيد مرفوعا : الوضوء من كل دم سائل وأعله بأحمد بن الفرج الحمصي ( قال ابن أبي حاتم في كتاب " العلل " : أحمد بن الفرج كتبنا عنه ومحله عندنا الصدق . نصب الراية ( 1 / 37 )

The red part says.. from among that is what Ibn `addi has mentioned in alkamil on authority of Zaid through Marfoo' chains that "The Wudhu' is (required) from every flowing blood".

There are numerous other hadiths also which support this ruling.

Wa Antum Fajazakamullahu Khairan

Comment

IT IS SOO FRUSTRATING.
                              I have probably broken my fast because of bleeding, and now in the middle of praying I bleed too? :( How am I going to pray and fast like this?
                              Please consult a local Scholar regarding your issue.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X