X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jury Service

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
    good point!

"only God can judge me!" said no scholar ever, these are actually the words of tupac.
    This made me lol
    "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
      Ukthi Judging anyone by Anything other than Quran and Sunnah is Kufr, and to partake in such a Judgement is Haraam for Muslims,

I hope none of you brothers and sisters ever have to do this, but if after all possible ways to get outta this, you are compelled by Kuffar to take part, I hope Allah ta'ala won't hold you responsible, so long as you detest this Munkar in your heart and give your verdict based upon Quran and Sunnah.

in any case ask a good Alim for advice.

:jkk:
      If you were convicted of a crime in a non-muslim country, how would you defend yourself?
      "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Hataw View Post
        What's a jury service?
        Basically you and a bunch of other people (with no formal law degree or anything) decide whether a person is innocent or guilty of a crime based on evidence presented in court.
        “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

Comment

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
          Basically you and a bunch of other people (with no formal law degree or anything) decide whether a person is innocent or guilty of a crime based on evidence presented in court.
          Oh, okay. Jazakillah khairan sis. So they can call anyone to be in a jury service? Never heard of this before, don't know if it exists here. :/ Hope not.
          "Let the days do as they please, and be optimistic when destiny decrees. Do not despair due to the events of the past, for the events of this world were not meant to last." - Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
            I find it ironic when the same crowd who go on about 'not judging people' go on to promote serving on juries and police forces - especially in non-Muslim states.
            Wait, becoming a police officer is haram too?

Comment

Originally posted by Hataw View Post
              Oh, okay. Jazakillah khairan sis. So they can call anyone to be in a jury service? Never heard of this before, don't know if it exists here. :/ Hope not.
              They only call you for it if you're registered to vote. It's easy to get out of, though.
              “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

Comment

Originally posted by sandman123 View Post
                If you were convicted of a crime in a non-muslim country, how would you defend yourself?
                Defending yourself innocence and being party to passing judgement based upon Kufr Law are 2 different matters.

جزاك الله خيرا
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Defending yourself innocence and being party to passing judgement based upon Kufr Law are 2 different matters.

جزاك الله خيرا
                  If you get called in the court of law, let's say someone who's innocent of a crime and your testimony can save him, what are you to do then?

Edit : Never mind. I read the rest of your post and it made sense
                  Last edited by sandman123; 08-11-15, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ashmeo View Post
                    Wait, becoming a police officer is haram too?
                    Better to avoid it as it entails enforcing Haraam Laws as well,

جزاك الله خيرا

Comment

Originally posted by sandman123 View Post
                      If you get called in the court of law, let's say someone who's innocent of a crime and your testimony can save him, what are you to do then?
                      Dude you aint listening to me,

I aint talking about giving testimony,

I'm taking about being party to a Jury which judges others based on other than what Allah tala and his messenger salallahu عليه السلام‎ revealed.

Giving testimony in support of an innocent person is clearly allowed.

جزاك الله خيرا

Comment

Dude you aint listening to me,

I aint talking about giving testimony,

I'm taking about being party to a Jury which judges others based on other than what Allah tala and his messenger salallahu عليه السلام‎ revealed.

Giving testimony in support of an innocent person is clearly allowed.

جزاك الله خيرا
                        Yeah I understood it.

Jazakallah.

Comment

I have patiently waited ten years for jury duty.
                          لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
                          سورة الإخلاص

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeardman View Post
                            in many Muslim countries is not the Qur'aan and Sunnah.
                            I would argue that there are no countries right now that use the Quran/Sunnah(non extreme..) as a basis for their laws..etc.

Comment

Working...
                            X