Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it normal to loose hope in Allah's mercy when we are in hardship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it normal to loose hope in Allah's mercy when we are in hardship?

I am going through some severe hardship in life. Its been months and I am still in the same situation. Tho I know its a punishment/test from Allah for my past sins sometime I loose hope and patience and I start complaining to my family and friends about my situation which I think I am not supposed to do it but i cant help it. When I feel extreme stress and hopeless I share this with my parents/brother/friends sometime I say Allah doesnt hear my prayers. Then later I regret because I think I shouldnt have said this/that because its a trial from Allah and he wants me to be patient to get the reward of this trial in this world or in the hereafter. Is it ok to loose hope sometimes. Will Allah be angry with me for doing so? What is the solution?

jazakumullah khair
    Last edited by moealbunny; 10-06-15, 09:55 AM.

Re: Is it normal to loose hope in Allah's mercy when we are in hardship?

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

(Surah az Zumar, 53)

Allah Encourages us to Hope From Him and never lose Hope in Him.

Losing hope is something that Shaitan instigates in us, which leads us away from Allah. We must know that despair and losing hope in Allah are among major sins. On the authority of Ibn Abbas Radiyallahu Anh: that a man said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah! What are the major sins?’ He :saw: said: ‘Shirk with Allaah, giving up hope of Allaah’s mercy and despairing from the mercy of Allaah. (Saheeh, Silsilatul Ahaadeeth as Saheehah)

Do not lose hope, O servant of Allah! You will never be wronged and you will not face what you cannot bear. Certainly, if you face a calamity, you have the capacity to bear it. So, have patience and know that the end will be good, in sha Allah. Whether you have patience or you show impatience, the result will always be what Allah Has Decreed. So, there is no use of impatience whatsoever; have patience and feel tranquil. Never lose your Hope in Allah, He Loves you and will never wrong you. He does not oppress anyone, nor does He charge a soul with more than what it can bear.

Hope for the best in the Aakhirah and trust in Allah. If you can't trust in Him, then your trust in anyone else is in vain and will never benefit you. The truth is that no one can do anything for you, until Allah Wills so; so ask of Him like a man afflicted with poverty, having nothing to eat or drink and Hope that He Will Give. Also remember that He May not Give you what you exactly ask for. He Accepts every sincere du'a and Gives what is best for His servant; indeed, He Knows Best, what is good for us and what is not. If giving what is exactly asked is better for us, He Gives it. If it is not, then He Gives something alternative or He Averts a calamity from us. If not this, He Preserves the du'a for the Aakhirah to Reward us in the Hereafter.

This is the Mercy and Wisdom of our Lord, The Most Merciful. Do not lose Hope in Him and keep asking from Him. Abstain from sins and stop eating haraam, these stop du'as from being answered. Follow His Command and the Sunnah of His Messenger Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam, so that you remain on the straight path and be of those who are successful.

I asked for Strength..
    And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
    I asked for Wisdom…
    And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
    I asked for Prosperity…
    And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
    I asked for Courage…..
    And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
    I asked for Love…
    And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
    I asked for Favours…
    And Allah gave me Opportunities.
    I received nothing I wanted ….
    I received everything I needed!

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
      Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

(Surah az Zumar, 53)

Losing hope is something that Shaitan instigates in us, which leads us away from Allah. We must know that despair and losing hope in Allah are among major sins. On the authority of Ibn Abbas Radiyallahu Anh: that a man said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah! What are the major sins?’ He :saw: said: ‘Shirk with Allaah, giving up hope of Allaah’s mercy and despairing from the mercy of Allaah. (Saheeh, Silsilatul Ahaadeeth as Saheehah)

Do not lose hope, O servant of Allah! You will never be wronged and you will not face what you cannot bear. Certainly, if you face a calamity, you have the capacity to bear it. So, have patience and know that the end will be good, in sha Allah. Whether you have patience or you show impatience, the result will always be what Allah Has Decreed. So, there is no use of impatience whatsoever; have patience and feel tranquil. Never lose your Hope in Allah, He Loves you and will never wrong you. He does not oppress anyone, nor does He charge a soul with more than what it can bear.

Hope for the best in the Aakhirah and trust in Allah. If you can't trust in Him, then your trust in anyone else is in vain and will never benefit you. The truth is that no one can do anything for you, until Allah Wills so; so ask of Him like a man afflicted with poverty, having nothing to eat or drink and Hope that He Will Give. Also remember that He May not Give you what you exactly ask for. He Accepts every sincere du'a and Gives what is best for His servant; indeed, He Knows Best, what is good for us and what is not. If giving what is exactly asked is better for us, He Gives it. If it is not, then He Gives something alternative or He Averts a calamity from us. If not this, He Preserves the du'a for the Aakhirah to Reward us in the Hereafter.

This is the Mercy and Wisdom of our Lord, The Most Merciful. Do not lose Hope in Him and keep asking from Him. Abstain from sins and stop eating haraam, these stop du'as from being answered. Follow His Command and the Sunnah of His Messenger Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam, so that you remain on the straight path and be of those who are successful.

I asked for Strength..
      I asked for Wisdom…
      I asked for Prosperity…
      I asked for Courage…..
      I asked for Love…
      I asked for Favours…

That is very sweet sister. Thank You. May Allah swt reward you and guide us to the straight path Ameen. Barakalla Feek

Comment

awesome post, i really needed that, May Allah reward you immensely thanks :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by moealbunny View Post
          I am going through some severe hardship in life. Its been months and I am still in the same situation. Tho I know its a punishment/test from Allah for my past sins sometime I loose hope and patience and I start complaining to my family and friends about my situation which I think I am not supposed to do it but i cant help it. When I feel extreme stress and hopeless I share this with my parents/brother/friends sometime I say Allah doesnt hear my prayers. Then later I regret because I think I shouldnt have said this/that because its a trial from Allah and he wants me to be patient to get the reward of this trial in this world or in the hereafter. Is it ok to loose hope sometimes. Will Allah be angry with me for doing so? What is the solution?

jazakumullah khair
          It is never ok or "normal" to loose hope in Allah. We wouldn't be on this earth if we didn't get tested. Always remember that there are people in much worse situation than you are in. Keep that in mind every time you feel like complaining. It may help you see how blessed you are despite your struggles. Blessed not because those with worse situation are not blessed, but blessed because Allah tested you with something that you can handle (I know - still hard). Some people can handle more, others less. At the end of the day, everyone will be tested. We can't just say we believe and just go to Jannah. The Prophet of Allah (may Allah be pleased with them all) went through the hardest struggles anyone could imagine, yet they were the most beloved to Allah.
          Also remember that your tests can be a reflection of Allah's love to you. If you past, in shaa Allah your reward would be great.

So, never complain and NEVER say Allah doesn't hear your prayers. Saying that is actually words of kufr. Stay away from that.
          We all go through hardship sometimes and it can consume us. Yes, it is normal to be weak at times, we're not angels, but definitely not normal to loose hope in Allah or say He does not hear our prayers. A'udhubillah. Depending on what your struggles are, when things are tough, it is ok to talk to someone who can help you with your situation. Believers are suppose to help each others for the sake of Allah. There's nothing wrong with that.

May Allah make whatever you are going through easy for you and make you past your test with victory. I it is a punishment for some past sins, may Allah accept your tawbah and erase all your sins.
          Remember that even if it is a punishment, it is still good. It is better to have our sins wiped out in this dunia than to have them follow us in our graves or on the Day of Judgment. Trust me, the punishment in the dunia is wayyyyyy easier than. Nevertheless, may Allah forgive us for all our sins and protect us in this dunia and in the Aakhirah.
          *"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."* [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
          "Mindless are those who only jump when told to jump, cry when told to cry, and laugh when told to laugh. Indeed, they are but sheep." TheStrivingUmmi

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post

(Surah az Zumar, 53)

I asked for Strength..
            I asked for Wisdom…
            I asked for Prosperity…
            I asked for Courage…..
            I asked for Love…
            I asked for Favours…
            Subhanallah, very powerful words. Subhanallah.
            BarakAllahu feeki for sharing.
            Subhanallah.
            *"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."* [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
            "Mindless are those who only jump when told to jump, cry when told to cry, and laugh when told to laugh. Indeed, they are but sheep." TheStrivingUmmi

Comment

Working...
            X