Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to give up/Stop making dua for something

as salaam alaykum
    I was wondering if you make dua something for a long time and it has it not happened, should you give up on this thing and stop making dua for it to happen
    No Longer On UF

Re: When to give up/Stop making dua for something

Never give up,only increase in your supplication.
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

:wswrwb:

It is stated by Ibn Ubayd , the freed slave of Abdur rehman who was one of the Quran reciters and a jurist that he heard Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah RA say that the Messenger of Allah :saw: said, “The supplication of everyone of your is granted as long as he does not show haste(and say) that he made a supplication but it was not accepted."

(Tirmizi, Ibn Majah,Ahmad, Muslim, Abu Dawood)

وَلاَ تَيْأَسُواْ مِن رَّوْحِ اللّهِ إِنَّهُ لاَ يَيْأَسُ مِن رَّوْحِ اللّهِ إِلاَّ الْقَوْمُ الْكَافِرُونَ

"and never give up hope of Allah's Mercy. Certainly no one despairs of Allah's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve." [Surah Yusuf, 12:87]

Allah say:

And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided. [Surah Baqarah 2:186]

Never.....???

Someone very beloved to me, reminds me that Allah swt opens up the doors of dua to those whom he whats to bless with his closeness?

Whatever it is, are waking up for tahajjud and asking Allah swt?

When in rains?

At Iftaar?

When you travel?

After EVERY fardh prayer?

On Fridays?

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yazid ibn Abdullah ibn al-Had from Muhammad ibn Ibrahim ibn al-Harith at-Taymi from Abu Salama ibn Abd ar-Rahman ibn Awf that Abu Hurayra said, "I went out to at-Tur (Mount Sinai) and met Kab al Ahbar and sat with him. He related to me things from the Tawrah and I related to him things from the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. Among the things I related to him was that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'The best of days on which the sun rises is the day of jumua. In it Adam was created, and in it he fell from the Garden. In it he was forgiven, and in it he died. In it the Hour occurs, and every moving thing listens from morning till sunset in apprehension of the Hour except jinn and men. In it is a time when Allah gives to a Muslim slave standing in prayer whatever he asks for.' Kab said, 'That is one day in every year.' I said, 'No, in every Jumu'ah.' Then Kab recited the Tawrah and said, 'The Messenger of Allah has spoken the truth.' "
      Abu Hurayra continued, "I met Basra ibn Abi Basra al-Ghiffari and he said, 'Where have you come from?' I said, 'From at-Tur.' He said, 'If I had seen you before you left, you would not have gone. I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "Only make a special journey to three Masjids: The Sacred Masjid (Makka), this Masjid (Madina), and the Masjid of Ilya or the Bait al-Maqdis (two names of Jerusalem)." ' " (He was not sure which expression was used.)
      Abu Hurayra continued, "Then I met Abdullah ibn Salam and I told him that I had sat with Kabal-Ahbar, and I mentioned what I had related to him about the day of Jumu'ah, and told him that Kab had said, 'That is one day in every year.' Abdullah ibn Salam said, 'Kab lied,' and I added, 'Kab then recited the Tawrah and said, "No, it is in every Jumu'ah.'' ' Abdullah ibn Salam said, 'Kab spoke the truth. 'Then Abdullah ibn Salam said, 'I know what time that is.' "
      Abu Hurayra continued, "I said to him, 'Let me know it - don't keep it from me.' Abdullah ibn Salam said, 'It is the last period of time in the dayof Jumu'ah.' "
      Abu Hurayra continued, "I said, 'How can it be the last period of time in the day of Jumu'ah, when the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "a Muslim slave standing in prayer", and that is a time when there is no prayer?' Abdullah ibn Salam replied, 'Didn't the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "Whoever sits waiting for the prayer is in prayer until he prays?" "'
      Abu Hurayra added, "I said, 'Of course.' He said, 'Then it is that.' "
      Muwatta' Malik

Grasp this bounty by supplicating at this blessed hour between 'Asr and Maghrib till the sun sets.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...90#post6507990
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

thanks for the reminder.
        No Longer On UF

Comment

Hadhrat Hakeem Akhthar Saheb rahimahullah is known to have mentioned that he made for over 30 years for a certain thing, and only after that time was the granted.

And this was a person, who was an Awliyah of Allah swt.

You just have to keep on asking, and know that each time you raise your hands. there is goodness in it for you, maybe it is in giving, maybe it is in witholding, maybe it is in the delay, we dont know, we must just trust Allah swt

Sayyidina Umar ibn Al-Khattab -radiaAllahu anh- said,

Make lots of dua at Iftaar time insha'Allah....may Allah swt bless you.

Truly, sometimes, the joy lies in sitting at the door of Allah swt, calling out to him, seeking him, beseeching him, loving him, and admitting our total need for Him, and internalising the essence of tawheed and robbibiyah and total submitance and acceptance of uboodiyah, is the a greater gift the blessing that we ask for.
          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by sister_82 View Post
            as salaam alaykum
            I was wondering if you make dua something for a long time and it has it not happened, should you give up on this thing and stop making dua for it to happen

Sister I know how you feel, don't worry many in this dunya are in same position as you are.. never give up. .Allah SWT tests in many ways.. maybe these is also a test where your patience is counted..
            Its the quality of a believer who never gives up
            Earth is not a place to make life perfect. So please never complain.

Perfect and Happy life can only be in Paradise. Have Patience. :banan:

Comment

:wswrwb:

No you should not. You should have faith that Allah will respond to your Dua'a at the time of making Dua'a. Be certain that He will respond.

At the same time, whatever it is that you are seeking, you need to exert effort to attain it as well, because Dua'a and effort are both necessary.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Is it best to make dua after the fardh namaz or after sunnah/nafils?

Comment

Alhmadulillah for the tears we cry in the darkness and solitude of the night. When we feel so hopeless and lost. For in that quiet moment of heartache and confusion, whilst the rest of creation are in a deep slumber of unawareness, you know your eyes are tearing and your heart is reaching out to the One who never sleeps. The One who is ever patient listening to you and your call. You know He is all you have and all that can Help. Even though our limited minds cannot comprehend how and when , continue your call. For the One who respnds will not let you leave empty-handed. In due time, His plan for you will set things right...Aameen...Innallaha ma'as saabireen !

Comment

Originally posted by Winter View Post
                    Is it best to make dua after the fardh namaz or after sunnah/nafils?
                    After Fardh salaah.
                    وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                      After Fardh salaah.
                      allah knows best when is the best time but this site is good too

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/best.html

Comment

as salaam alaykum
                        Did Yaqub As. Just give up ???
                        Did ayyub as Just give up???
                        hang in there sister!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ar-Rayyaan View Post
                          Did Yaqub As. Just give up ???
                          Did ayyub as Just give up???
                          hang in there sister!!
                          In no way am I giving up. There are certain things I pray for, and some people think i should give on these things. I know that Allah swt listens to my prayers and when the time is right it will happen, if not now but in Jannah insha'Allah.

Thank you for your replies
                          No Longer On UF

Comment

In no way am I giving up. There are certain things I pray for, and some people think i should give on these things. I know that Allah swt listens to my prayers and when the time is right it will happen, if not now but in Jannah insha'Allah.

Thank you for your replies
                            insha allah

Anytime!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                              After Fardh salaah.
                              Jazakallah Khair.

Comment

Working...
                              X