Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Female Clothing Colour Question

Originally posted by Figs View Post
    I was going to bring it up in more than one occasion, but I didn't know how without offending the brothers on forum.
    I totally agree
    I personally have no problem bringing it up. Why should I? When its nothing but the truth and when they have no problem bringing up women on repeat. They even got non-muslims started on us, lol.
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
      I personally have no problem bringing it up. Why should I? When its nothing but the truth and when they have no problem bringing up women on repeat. They even got non-muslims started on us, lol.
      Yeah, that's the way to go sis!
      *currently leaving the shadow to speak up*

In my school, most sisters are decent enough not to get too comfortable with brothers yet when it comes to Muslim brothers they talk so freely to non-Muslim girls, it's insane, And then on jummah for example, since there isn't one on campus they have the rudest nerve to offer to carpool random hijabis, and trying to convince them 'it's no problem.' I cannot even say the other things, once my friends and I were walking, and apparently two guys that are considered influential and religious on campus were walking the opposite way, and they started blocking us, like a joke. I was so mad, so I basically got on the street and crossed it instead, since the sidewalk was super narrow., while my friends just giggled and tried to get past them. Wallahi my view on brothers in school has changed greatly since then. I don't take such things lightly, it was a very humiliating experience for me, especially since my friends felt I was being sensitive about it, when I felt that I wasn't, and that it was the brothers' fault. Small things like that anger me and it's shameful, to say the least.

Alhamdulillah the brothers on forum are better than this, but just a reminder that men have to discuss their flaws as well, and leave most of the Muhajjabah issues to their sisters insha allah.
      Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

I also understand Muslim men are meant to wear loose pants that are modest and concealing of their awrah. Why do I see SO many Muslim men in skinny jeans? Including in the mosque out of all the places? Surley loose modest pants would be best.

My point is, its not just women, and people should address the unislamic behaviour of all Muslims rather than this constantly repeated topic.

But to answer your Q , no we don't have to wear black.
        The double standards lol.. I always clown on them every jummah for wearing girls jeans. It'd be a good topic to discuss though.
        "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
          Yeah, that's the way to go sis!
          *currently leaving the shadow to speak up*

In my school, most sisters are decent enough not to get too comfortable with brothers yet when it comes to Muslim brothers they talk so freely to non-Muslim girls, it's insane, And then on jummah for example, since there isn't one on campus they have the rudest nerve to offer to carpool random hijabis, and trying to convince them 'it's no problem.' I cannot even say the other things, once my friends and I were walking, and apparently two guys that are considered influential and religious on campus were walking the opposite way, and they started blocking us, like a joke. I was so mad, so I basically got on the street and crossed it instead, since the sidewalk was super narrow., while my friends just giggled and tried to get past them. Wallahi my view on brothers in school has changed greatly since then. I don't take such things lightly, it was a very humiliating experience for me, especially since my friends felt I was being sensitive about it, when I felt that I wasn't, and that it was the brothers' fault. Small things like that anger me and it's shameful, to say the least.

Alhamdulillah the brothers on forum are better than this, but just a reminder that men have to discuss their flaws as well, and leave most of the Muhajjabah issues to their sisters insha allah.
          ew gross behaviour.
          when I went to uni, the brothers were also disappointing, some sisters were too, but I saw more good sisters than brothers.

Originally posted by Muslim First View Post
          The double standards lol.. I always clown on them every jummah for wearing girls jeans. It'd be a good topic to discuss though.
          it annoys me. It really does. Because they are not even a minority, most men I see wear tight pants and Ive never heard the imaam speak about this. I'm sure he is not blind and he spends more time looking at these men than I do. But if a sister was to wear skinny jeans the same brothers would read her the modesty act

OK I shall stop ranting on here but I hate double standards and I hate that women are always having their faults discussed to death.
          Last edited by *sheba*; 07-06-15, 12:05 AM.
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

ew gross behaviour.
            when I went to uni, the brothers were also disappointing, some sisters were too, but I saw more good sisters than brothers.

it annoys me. It really does. Because they are not even a minority, most men I see wear tight pants and Ive never heard the imaam speak about this. I'm sure he is not blind and he spends more time looking at these men than I do. But if a sister was to wear skinny jeans the same brothers would read her the modesty act
            I know right?
            I have never felt so strongly about it until I have seen the proportion of decent brothers vs. sisters in school.
            Imams should be talking about this more, it's not difficult to mention lowering the gaze for men and
            also a bit of pressure on them, instead of discussing whether or not niqab is wajib, that's so over the top if the men aren't adhering to the basics.
            Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

ew gross behaviour.

OK I shall stop ranting on here but I hate double standards and I hate that women are always having their faults discussed to death.
              Or ask her where she got her jeans.. Interesting you bring up the imam part. This issue was actually discussed and the imam said that these pants can't be prayed in because it shows your awrah and also the fact that this is what the people of Lut dress like lol.
              "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim First View Post
                I used to work with this one brother years ago, he was young just 19 and he always wore the most awkward clothes. Skinny jeans and t-shirts that just about reached the top of his pants. I once asked if he shopped at Baby Gap lol, it was lost on him. I saw him more recently and MashaAllah it's a complete 180. May Allah guide us all ameen.

Comment

I also understand Muslim men are meant to wear loose pants that are modest and concealing of their awrah. Why do I see SO many Muslim men in skinny jeans? Including in the mosque out of all the places? Surley loose modest pants would be best.

My point is, its not just women, and people should address the unislamic behaviour of all Muslims rather than this constantly repeated topic.

Quoted for truth!

*hi-5*

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                    Quoted for truth!

*hi-5*

*Hi5*

Comment

well i like to wear colured abayas (grey, burgundy, navy blue) and of course black, but i dont think anything i wear will draw anyones attention in a 'attracted to youc oz of your burgundy coloured abaya and patterned hijab way.

i find that when i am dressed all in black, i feel i stand out more, but i have worn all black and i will carry on wearing all black but i lalso like to mix and match my colours

interesting points made out mens dress
                      i wonder as well, why more emphasis is put on our awrah when some men shoud worry about their own
                      Last edited by Muslima London; 07-06-15, 11:37 AM.
                      Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                      __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                      If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

I am not from the Middle East...Black is not the norm where I am from.. abbays are not the norm either.. we cover up just fine in our own traditional cloths and colours.
                        My heart will go on

Comment

:vomit:
                          My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                          As You have sanctified Your house,
                          Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                          In which permission of entry
                          Is only granted to a few,
                          Please Allah, allow my heart
                          To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                          when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                          In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I understand that in different cultures different colours will be the norm. What I noticed that prompted the question was there are a number of muslim girls that I have seen that wear bright colours which do stand out in 'normal' crowds. Black seem to be a primary colour around where I am in the UK, for muslims and non-mulims, and in the hustle and bustle of the modern world it doesn't stand out. But bright colours do stand out as the exception in the crown, i.e. you really notice someone wearing yellow or green irrespective of if they are wearing a Hijab or a bikini.

Cheers
                            Tony and Sarah

Comment

Why don't we just hide our beauty in public 100%? Imagine the reward in the hereafter? Fully covered beauty in this world = More beautiful than the hoors. Who doesn't want that?

Anyways. It really does stirr up hormones... But oh well you got to develop thick skin, and become immune to temptations.
                              La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                              (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                              Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X