Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Clothing Colour Question

I hope you don't mind the question.

I understand that Muslim women are meant to dress in a way that is both modest and doesn't draw attention. So why do you see Muslim Women wearing bright coloured clothing? If they didn't want to draw attention surely a standard black would be the best?

Thanks
    Tony and Sarah

Female Clothing Colour Question

i di wonder the same, should we always wear black? i wonder what the others think
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Re: Female Clothing Colour Question

Not all muslin woman are fully practising
      [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
      [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
        i di wonder the same, should we always wear black? i wonder what the others think
        I think i've seen a sister in a dark purple burka.. not sure but I think it's dark colours woman should wear
        [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
        [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

i personally wear black since its my favourite colour when it comes to clothing, i feel covered in black and in other colours i feel a little exposed. there are many women who wear bright colours some who are practising and some who are not, but islamically wearing bright coloured clothing is really not allowed because it does draw attention, but were all human and we mess up as long as we try our best to try and do what is right.

Comment

My understanding on this is that generally the dark colours are recommended

However in some countries where bright colours are the norm, so say yellow then a woman wearing say a yellow headscarf would not be drawing attention to her self as it is the cultural norm

In todays world the whole bright pinks and jewelled and patterned stuff is against what the principle of hijab is, generally speaking

Comment

I don't like black

Comment

Originally posted by mrtonyjames View Post

I understand that Muslim women are meant to dress in a way that is both modest and doesn't draw attention. So why do you see Muslim Women wearing bright coloured clothing? If they didn't want to draw attention surely a standard black would be the best?

Thanks
                Tony and Sarah
                I also understand Muslim men are meant to wear loose pants that are modest and concealing of their awrah. Why do I see SO many Muslim men in skinny jeans? Including in the mosque out of all the places? Surley loose modest pants would be best.

My point is, its not just women, and people should address the unislamic behaviour of all Muslims rather than this constantly repeated topic.

But to answer your Q , no we don't have to wear black.
                Last edited by *sheba*; 06-06-15, 11:44 PM.
                O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                  My understanding on this is that generally the dark colours are recommended

However in some countries where bright colours are the norm, so say yellow then a woman wearing say a yellow headscarf would not be drawing attention to her self as it is the cultural norm

In todays world the whole bright pinks and jewelled and patterned stuff is against what the principle of hijab is, generally speaking
                  Exactly. Where I am living, wearing all black is actually attention grabbing as its not the norm. Wearing all black gets you questions and stares. Where wearing mild colours (not too bright like you said) allows you to not stand out.
                  O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by *sweety* View Post
                    i don't like black
                    r-a-c-i-s-t

Comment

Thanks
                      Tony and Sarah
                      You know what we should do.

Get Sky blue hijabs for the women.

Teach them how to fly.

Problem sloved.
                      https://twitter.com/AoufF
                      https://www.facebook.com/Striving4De...page_new_likes

Please share follow/like and invite your friends and family to it!

Comment

Thanks
                        Tony and Sarah
                        Depends on where someone lives and their respective culture. In Saudi you'd wear black, in west Africa you'd wear bright colours.
                        "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim First View Post
                          Depends on where someone lives and their respective culture. In Saudi you'd wear black, in west Africa you'd wear bright colours.
                          Seen women in there.

They can pretty much wear anything as long as it ain't like naked or something.

But they like the colour black or their husbands don't like them showing off (they ususally get married young).
                          https://twitter.com/AoufF
                          https://www.facebook.com/Striving4De...page_new_likes

Please share follow/like and invite your friends and family to it!

Comment

There's nothing that says Muslim women should just wear black, it's just that's what they wear in Saudi and people have begun to take that as a standard.
                            http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
                            HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
                            Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                              I also understand Muslim men are meant to wear loose pants that are modest and concealing of their awrah. Why do I see SO many Muslim men in skinny jeans? Including in the mosque out of all the places? Surley loose modest pants would be best.

My point is, its not just women, and people should address the unislamic behaviour of all Muslims rather than this constantly repeated topic.
                              I was going to bring it up in more than one occasion, but I didn't know how without offending the brothers on forum.
                              I totally agree
                              Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Working...
                              X