jealousy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jealousy

Is there a way to deal with jealousy in islam?

Re: jealousy

Originally posted by SaraMukhtar12 View Post
    Is there a way to deal with jealousy in islam?
    Are you jealous of someone/something or the other way round?

Comment

I am jealous of someone. I want to get away from it

Comment

Appreciate what you do have... Only cure i think. Look at Allah (swt)'s blessings that he has given you... sometimes a blessing may not be so apparent to the naked eye. I have to meditate and work out what is a blessing... I think everything is... even the person that really really aggrivates you... even the person that offends you and mocks Allah (swt) in front of you. What they do is evil but how you feel about it is a blessing in itself.

Comment

Last edited by Simply_Logical; 03-06-15, 06:47 PM.

Comment

jealousy is an insecurity you feel or something lacking in yourself..change your environment, yourself, your habits and these feelings will go away..if someone is millionnaire then know that Allah has given them that financial securtiy and if they been blessed with that then who are you to hate..
            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Jealousy is focusing too much on another persons apparent blessing whilst neglecting your own. More often that not, the way we perceive somebody elses life is far from reality. We don't know the problems that they're going through. Chances are that you also are blessed in a way that they are not.

So moral of the story is that we're all blessed in different ways some of which are more outward than others. The key is to be grateful of what Allah has given you whilst striving to achieve more from his halal provisions, all while reminding yourself often about those who have less than you.
              God has created Angels with reason but having no desires; animals with desires but no reason and man with both reason and desires. Therefore, if one’s reason is stronger than his desires, he is like an Angel,
              while if his desires are stronger than his reason, he is like an animal.

- Ibn Al-Qayyim

وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ

Comment

i watched a jealousy video and she was really helpful

i would link it but i dont want to be responsible for the irresponsible males that might haramly admire the pretty woman

she said that you need to ponder on what exactly your thoughts are when you're feeling jealous, whether it's something about yourself or about the world
                that you need to then wonder about whether this is true, and that you'd find usually that it's neither false nor true, it's just a belief system YOU hold about yourself or the world
                then you need to ask whether this belief system is helping you, if it's not you find a new belief system
                to help you, you should make a list of all the good things about yourself, including achievements, good things that have happened to you, things that made you happy, the things you have, compliments you've been given by others etc
                you should look at your list when you start to feel the jealousy coming on

:jkk: :)

also there is a hadith that tells us to look to those who have less rather than more, it's not always easy because living in the west we're surrounded by people climbing the social ladder or flaunting their popularity and fun lifestyle and life events etc, we aren't surrounded by the rohingya women who've had to watch their children be burnt to death before their eyes for being muslim, or all the people that seem to go missing from the face of the earth but end up in some sick torture den somewhere ...but we can try our best to think of those with less and we'll succeed at least some of the time!

Comment

Working...
                X