suggestions on how to memorize finer details of the quran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions on how to memorize finer details of the quran

any tips for this... I'm having a hard time with the vowels at the end of words so I feel like my current technique is lacking. thanks.
    --

Re: suggestions on how to memorize finer details of the quran

write it thats how i learned it. Many people memorise the Quran but cannot reproduce it from on paper which is what is expected from the memoriser.

start writing your own mushaf very important to try and have your own personal copy that you wrote and had checked by your shaykh

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
      write it thats how i learned it. Many people memorise the Quran but cannot reproduce it from on paper which is what is expected from the memoriser.

start writing your own mushaf very important to try and have your own personal copy that you wrote and had checked by your shaykh

Off topic question but did you study in Morocco?

Comment

Originally posted by Don't forget View Post
        any tips for this... I'm having a hard time with the vowels at the end of words so I feel like my current technique is lacking. thanks.
        some knowledge of arabic grammar will help

how would we do that? via pen and paper/pencil? what if parts of it are wrong? or do you mean we write a surah or a juzz and then get it checked and then continue like that?

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        -------------------------------------------------------
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

thanks I'll try this. i completely forgot about this method.

Originally posted by F_R View Post

how would we do that? via pen and paper/pencil? what if parts of it are wrong? or do you mean we write a surah or a juzz and then get it checked and then continue like that?
          I think he means per surah. like those kids in africa that write on a board and erase it after memorizing it.
          --

Comment

Originally posted by Abdalla94' View Post
            Off topic question but did you study in Morocco?
            No all Africans study the Quran like this with exception of certain parts in Egypt but i learned the maghrebi script in Sudan funny enough from a Malian shaykh
            Originally posted by F_R View Post

The way we did it is that the shaykh would start by reciting and we would start writing (on a wooden board). if you wrote it correctly you were allowed to write it on loose plain a4 paper and in the end you would bind your own mushaf. We would write 2 pages a day start in Ramadan and finish the following Sha'baan and then your recite the whole Quran to shaykh during Ramadan to get you Ijaza and you also write the whole Quran during the Ramadan period you recite for ijaza . Write about 2 juzz a day get it checked every day.

I wrote with these caligraphy pens made from bamboo ish material i know in Somalia they make them from local trees.

If you make a mistake you have to start all over again because the teacher wants you to have a flawless mushaf it isn't even funny i had a bout 3 mistakes in surah ibrahim and i had to rewrite the whole surah.

I suggest a page a day but having the page checked by a shaykh don't more than one page from memory.

before you start writing it helps to study the science of rasm if you havent memorised the quran on a wooden plank. those that have study the science of rasm after they have memorised quran

Comment

Working...
            X