Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting rid of bleach smell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • getting rid of bleach smell

    assalam alaykum

    while family is away i decided to give the kitchen a good scrub. There is a tiled wall behind the stove - something came over me and I used the liquid spray I use on the bathroom tiles...thinking they will be sparkling in no time. Unfortunately it just didn't have the same effect as it does in the toilet. I double checked, on the bottle it repeatedly refers to 'bathroom tiles' and not any other tiles.

    anyway, the tiles aren't any cleaner and there is a strong bleach smell in the kitchen really grossing me out every time i step in there.

    any idea how to get rid of this? :(
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

  • #2
    Re: getting rid of bleach smell

    open windows ...I do not know as I did not have this problem..how can you not know you are using bleach..there is strong smell..
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: getting rid of bleach smell

      :wswrwb:

      People missing you, bro.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

      "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: getting rid of bleach smell

        Oh so that's what you have been doing for the last couple
        Of weeks

        Cleaning the kitchen :up:

        Just wipe over with a wet cloth and get the kitchen cleaner out instead
        In time the bleach smell will go
        Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
        __________________________________________________ _____________________________
        If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

        You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."



        please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: getting rid of bleach smell

          :wswrwb:

          Oh no

          not dis again the home alone saga and the late night threads lol

          I don't think you can, you'll have to open the windows tomorrow morning and maybe put lemon there, or something that will absorb the smell. Not sure though, why would you use the bathroom spray in the kitchen

          Don't inhale the smell

          Good luck
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

          So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: getting rid of bleach smell

            The question begs - how much did he actually use???
            Like the guy sounds like he is gasping for air here. Men
            Always exaggerating
            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

            You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."



            please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: getting rid of bleach smell

              its really annoying, there is bleach smell and a particular dampy smell lingering in the sparkly clean kitchen. I need to prepare lunch for tomorrow but not in a kitchen which smells like hospital corridor :S
              "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: getting rid of bleach smell

                Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
                its really annoying, there is bleach smell and a particular dampy smell lingering in the sparkly clean kitchen. I need to prepare lunch for tomorrow but not in a kitchen which smells like hospital corridor :S
                Oh dear what have you done

                Ok deep breaths. Now get that hot water with a bit of lemon squeezed I to it and wipe over

                In sha allah all will be ok tomorrow
                Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

                You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."



                please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: getting rid of bleach smell

                  wear a mask, don't inhale it.

                  You'll have to make lunch somewhere else. DON'T try to clean it up the mess with the bleaching spray.

                  You might have to go to boots tomorrow for the meal deal brother :/

                  sorry lol
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

                  So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: getting rid of bleach smell

                    Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                    :wswrwb:

                    People missing you, bro.
                    doubt it. Just logged on and not a single notification, no reps, no pms. Its like why did i even bother :(
                    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: getting rid of bleach smell

                      Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                      Oh dear what have you done

                      Ok deep breaths. Now get that hot water with a bit of lemon squeezed I to it and wipe over

                      In sha allah all will be ok tomorrow
                      I did no grocery shopping so no lemons, can i use lemon juice?
                      "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: getting rid of bleach smell

                        Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                        :wswrwb:

                        Oh no

                        not dis again the home alone saga and the late night threads lol

                        I don't think you can, you'll have to open the windows tomorrow morning and maybe put lemon there, or something that will absorb the smell. Not sure though, why would you use the bathroom spray in the kitchen

                        Don't inhale the smell

                        Good luck
                        this is only the first week, there is two more weeks of this lol so watch this space :)

                        why i used it? don't tell me you've never had those moments when you think you are doing something really clever but never wonder why no one else has come up with this?
                        "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: getting rid of bleach smell

                          Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                          wear a mask, don't inhale it.

                          You'll have to make lunch somewhere else. DON'T try to clean it up the mess with the bleaching spray.

                          You might have to go to boots tomorrow for the meal deal brother :/

                          sorry lol
                          Nobody warned me about inhaling bleach smell, once when i cleaned both upstairs and downstairs toilet and i had a massive headache for nearly a week! This time i make sure doors are opened and i try not to breath lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: getting rid of bleach smell

                            Originally posted by *Sweety* View Post
                            Nobody warned me about inhaling bleach smell, once when i cleaned both upstairs and downstairs toilet and i had a massive headache for nearly a week! This time i make sure doors are opened and i try not to breath lol
                            and you have to wear gloves, bleach can do some serious irrepairable damage to your hands :(

                            I am thinking of banning bleach from my house.
                            "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: getting rid of bleach smell

                              Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
                              I did no grocery shopping so no lemons, can i use lemon juice?
                              Go for it

                              Next time tell ebony to take you with her, wherever she is
                              Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                              __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                              If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

                              You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."



                              please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X