Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying was was when studying

:salams

I have this annoying was was whenever I study books or something. Whenever I flip into a page for example, and read the text, I sometimes do things unnecessarily like memorizing page numbers, unrelated texts, unimportant facts, etc. Can someone help me on this, is this really a was was? I try my best reciting surah An-Nas and dhikr, but sometimes it just comes, this was was.

Jazakallah khair, for reading my post.

Re: Annoying was was when studying

Originally posted by Muz1234 View Post

I have this annoying was was whenever I study books or something. Whenever I flip into a page for example, and read the text, I sometimes do things unnecessarily like memorizing page numbers, unrelated texts, unimportant facts, etc. Can someone help me on this, is this really a was was? I try my best reciting surah An-Nas and dhikr, but sometimes it just comes, this was was.

اللهم اني أعوذ بك من وسوسة الصدر و شتات الأمر
    Roughly translated: Allah I seek refuge in you from the whispers of the chest and the scattering of thoughts. http://www.searchtruth.com/dua/index.php?dua=68

اللهم اني أعوذ بك من علمٍ لا ينفع و قلبٍ لا يخشع
    O Allah, I seek refuge in You from knowledge which does not benefit, from a heart that does not entertain the fear (of Allah) http://muslimmatters.org/2011/08/04/...m-four-things/

Also, it might help to try ruqya.

Could this be OCD? Even if not, some thought routines used to treat OCD could help you focus. E.g. when your mind wanders from what you're supposed to be reading, imagine a red light or a stop sign (whatever works for you). http://www.mind.org.uk/information-s.../#.VWOEq0ZBm6M

Comment

Imagine a red light? Does that really work? Have you tried before?

I don't know if it is OCD, if I really have OCD, how can I have a normal life in this dunya? If OCD is from the whispers of shaytan, this was was also happened during Ramadan last year, while those shaytans are locked up.

Sometimes my mind just seems focus on memorizing or counting unnecessary stuff, like the stuff I mentioned, for example, page numbers, ...... (even this thing I count), or even memorizing people's names or facts, as if my brain is just wants too grasp all information from this dunya. This thing just gets worst when it happens in public, for example, memorizing products information on supermarket, plate numbers. Even when I'm writing this, I keep checking the margin, every time I enter each word. I sometimes try fighting it, by saying to myself, 'Just leave those stuffs, and leave it to Allah S.W.T.', does this kind of saying works for was was problems?

Also, should I read the dhikr and ruqya out loud and more volume, for better effectiveness instead of soft spoken dhikr?

Comment

Imagine a red light? Does that really work? Have you tried before?

I don't know if it is OCD, if I really have OCD, how can I have a normal life in this dunya? If OCD is from the whispers of shaytan, this was was also happened during Ramadan last year, while those shaytans are locked up.

Sometimes my mind just seems focus on memorizing or counting unnecessary stuff, like the stuff I mentioned, for example, page numbers, ...... (even this thing I count), or even memorizing people's names or facts, as if my brain is just wants too grasp all information from this dunya. This thing just gets worst when it happens in public, for example, memorizing products information on supermarket, plate numbers. Even when I'm writing this, I keep checking the margin, every time I enter each word. I sometimes try fighting it, by saying to myself, 'Just leave those stuffs, and leave it to Allah S.W.T.', does this kind of saying works for was was problems?

Also, should I read the dhikr and ruqya out loud and more volume, for better effectiveness instead of soft spoken dhikr?
        OCD is manageable but it takes work. During Ramadan, even while shaytaans are locked up, every person still has a 'qareen' which means a devil that is paired with him for life. Even the prophet pbuh, although his qareen was a muslim.

Al-Qurtubi said:

If it is said, How come we see many evil actions and sins happening in Ramadaan? If the devils are chained up that would not happen.

The answer is that evil actions are reduced on the part of those who fast meeting all the conditions of fasting and taking care to observe the proper etiquette; or that only some of the devils are chained up, namely the maarids (strong ones), and not all of them, as it says in some reports; or that evils are reduced in this month, which is something noticeable – fewer evils happen in this month than in others. If all of them were to be chained up that does not mean that evil and sin would not happen, because there are other causes of evil apart from the devils, such as evil souls, bad habits and human devils. http://islamqa.info/en/37965
        I don't know what the effect of talking loudly or quietly might have on the ruqya.

What you describe does sound a bit like OCD. Going to a counsellor for specific help with what you need (just 1-2 appointments) might help you figure out some techniques to concentrate. E.g. go and tell them I have this problem and I need to overcome it in order to study properly and make use of my time learning the things that are important.

Comment

Can you make your qareen muslim? and how do you know if you qareen is good? and if not how do you get rid of it?
          La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
          (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
          Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
            Can you make your qareen muslim? and how do you know if you qareen is good? and if not how do you get rid of it?
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qareen
            Not sure. Does it matter?
            Either way if your thoughts are from shaitaan or from your desires, you are in the same place.

Comment

I have similar problems were I can't concentrate and my mind just wanders off, but I don't think it's was was, it happens to me a lot

I have heard about human beings having a jinn counterpart (?) but I didn't know if this was true or not.
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

:wswrwb:

It's called procrastinating. In short you don't want to do the work because it requires effort and it's not something you want to do.

The solution is to find something else to study which you enjoy and would put the effort in or not be lazy and just get on with it.

:jkk:

Comment

Thank you for the advice everyone, I pray we are all protected from the whispers of the ones Allah S.W.T. has created evil. Ameen.

If this was was just keeps going on in my head, should I just shout to myself, 'Shut up, satan, you interrupting my studying!', because I'm just afraid of its permanent effect. I don't know if it has something to do with procrastinate, I think it has to do with tawakkul.

When shaytan gives was was, does it give was was by whispering into our left ear externally, or is satan already in our body internally of jugular vein, and whisper those thoughts in our brain?

Sometimes I write in my college notes big letters, 'F*** O** YOU VOICES!', and this is just what happens when I am alone studying stressing out. Sometimes the was was voice keeps whispering, 'Keep on doing this repeating, memorizing stuff, it is not like a sin, anyway.'. After this was was, I keep fighting in return by reading tilawah, or even give azan, that will sure piss those satan off in my room.

Or do you guys think I just do constant astaghfar? Maybe seeking forgiveness could expel these thoughts.

I know this sounds kinda insane, but please make dua for me, for my well being.

Comment

I hate studying
                    How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
                      I hate studying
                      Doesn't everyone?
                      Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Working...
                      X