• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Lark
    replied
    Re: should i reply to parents and siblings

Wa alaikum salam wr wb

Do what shay5 said; I also suggest to just remain silent. It doesnt seem like they'r open to explanation. Try and be steadfast on practising sunnah you will overcome this difficult patch in your life soon, insha'allah ameen.

Leave a comment:

• shay5
    replied
    Re: should i reply to parents and siblings

Tell them that all the western white men keep big beards..it is new trend..then they will be satisfied....or bring imam to your house to tell your parents off..

Leave a comment:

• Hassaan333
    started a topic should i reply to parents and siblings

should i reply to parents and siblings

:salams

After every 2 hours i get to hear something related to my beard. Either it's how weird I'm looking or how stupid i am to keep a beard and that i need to cut it. Dad always says about me, "let him give the exams first.. I'll deal with him then"

I get angry when i hear these comments but i don't show my anger. I keep silent. Crushing the anger inside of me. But i don't know if that's the best thing to do. If i don't reply probably the taunts will increase?

Today my father said," those saudis have fashionable beard. Are you more Islamic than them"?

I wanted to reply to him that what he's saying is the result of his lack of knowledge but i just kept quiet. I don't know why.

Do you think i should reply to them or keep silent? I honestly don't know what will alleviate the situation and what will worsen it...
Working...
X