Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i reply to parents and siblings

:salams

After every 2 hours i get to hear something related to my beard. Either it's how weird I'm looking or how stupid i am to keep a beard and that i need to cut it. Dad always says about me, "let him give the exams first.. I'll deal with him then"

I get angry when i hear these comments but i don't show my anger. I keep silent. Crushing the anger inside of me. But i don't know if that's the best thing to do. If i don't reply probably the taunts will increase?

Today my father said," those saudis have fashionable beard. Are you more Islamic than them"?

I wanted to reply to him that what he's saying is the result of his lack of knowledge but i just kept quiet. I don't know why.

Do you think i should reply to them or keep silent? I honestly don't know what will alleviate the situation and what will worsen it...
    There are gems to be discovered in Quran.

Recite :saw: when you read this sentence.

Re: should i reply to parents and siblings

Tell them that all the western white men keep big beards..it is new trend..then they will be satisfied....or bring imam to your house to tell your parents off..
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Wa alaikum salam wr wb

Do what shay5 said; I also suggest to just remain silent. It doesnt seem like they'r open to explanation. Try and be steadfast on practising sunnah you will overcome this difficult patch in your life soon, insha'allah ameen.
      “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

:wswrwb:

I am in a similar situation (not beard)

I feel as though I am the bad guy, I try to keep silent because that's what they want.

I am also being told I am bad and 'islamic', I'm not even trying to be Islamic. I'm just being messed around. I don't know what to do

I want to get away, this is too draining for me

I wish you all the best because no matter what you do you'll have to bear these negativity.
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I would reply but only when I'm prepared to handle any counter argument. I'd say something like "you do know the Prophet (saw) had a beard right? Would you make fun of him too?" to which they'd probably say "Oooooh so you think you're as holy as the Prophet now- how holier than thou" to which I'd say either "No, but my point still stands" or "that doesn't answer my question" or "taade nal gal karnai fazool ae (it's pointless even trying to talk to you)".... you can tell I've been through a few debates along these lines already lol.
          The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

don't ever reply back in anger, it will make things worse. Try not to even get angry and brush off the comments.

You are doing it for the sake of Allah, they don't understand. Leave em to their comments.
            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Should i reply back while being patient? Or keep silent wholly?

Comment

all you can do is show them the hadith and not respond in anger ever. Nothing much else really. Not worth getting into a war with family
                "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                  all you can do is show them the hadith and not respond in anger ever. Nothing much else really. Not worth getting into a war with family
                  What about when they pressurize me to cut the the beard or shorten or trim it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
                    What about when they pressurize me to cut the the beard or shorten or trim it.
                    stand your ground and do whats mentioned above. There really isn't much you can do

I have had friends who would lightly trim the beard to keep the peace but I am not giving you a ruling.

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                      stand your ground and do whats mentioned above. There really isn't much you can do

I have had friends who would lightly trim the beard to keep the peace but I am not giving you a ruling.
                      I wont trim at alL..

Make dua brothers

Comment

:salams

After every 2 hours i get to hear something related to my beard. Either it's how weird I'm looking or how stupid i am to keep a beard and that i need to cut it. Dad always says about me, "let him give the exams first.. I'll deal with him then"

I get angry when i hear these comments but i don't show my anger. I keep silent. Crushing the anger inside of me. But i don't know if that's the best thing to do. If i don't reply probably the taunts will increase?

Today my father said," those saudis have fashionable beard. Are you more Islamic than them"?

I wanted to reply to him that what he's saying is the result of his lack of knowledge but i just kept quiet. I don't know why.

Do you think i should reply to them or keep silent? I honestly don't know what will alleviate the situation and what will worsen it...
                        Is your beard clean? Or you look homeless?

Comment

Originally posted by .Singaporean View Post
                          Is your beard clean? Or you look homeless?
                          it's normal. It's not even that much. I just kept it like a month and a half ago

Comment

it's normal. It's not even that much. I just kept it like a month and a half ago
                            Let it grow and grow, dont cut it. Dont let negative comments make you change your mind.
                            “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                              Let it grow and grow, dont cut it. Dont let negative comments make you change your mind.
                              Never thought but these comments really do get to you sometimes. I'll just keep strong :insha:

Make dua please

Comment

Working...
                              X