Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quran and Salat -- Advice for a new Muslim

As-salamu alaykum,

I converted to Islam earlier today, and have since prayed -- or attempted to pray -- Maghrib and Isha. But because of physical issues -- I have bad knees and a bad back -- they both took me longer than it was supposed to and it was very painful. Is there something I can/should do to make it easier, or shall I just grin and bear it?

Also, I'm in need of my own Quran now. What translations would you all recommend, and why?

Re: Quran and Salat -- Advice for a new Muslim

If its causing you pain/difficulties you may use a chair. That's what my dad does. May Allah keep you firm on His path. Ameen. :wswrwb:
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

There is a guy I know from the Mosque, he has bad knees...so he sits in a chair & prays...but he does stand/bow....then sits, instead of going to knees.

http://www.islamicfoundation.ca/pray...yer_on_a_chair

http://islamqa.info/en/50684

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
        If its causing you pain/difficulties you may use a chair. That's what my dad does. May Allah keep you firm on His path. Ameen. :wswrwb:
        Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
        There is a guy I know from the Mosque, he has bad knees...so he sits in a chair & prays...but he does stand/bow....then sits, instead of going to knees.

http://www.islamicfoundation.ca/pray...yer_on_a_chair

http://islamqa.info/en/50684
        Thank you both, especially you Tide2006 for those helpful resources!

Comment

Wa alaikum salam

Thats great news now that you've accepted Islam.

Yes dont push yourself, just do the movements on how far you can go. As others said use a chair, to do ruku you bow slightly and for sajda a little more.

At your age its worrying that you have back and knee problems, I hope you are getting treatment for it.

May Allah keep you strong in deen and in good health ameen.
          “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Dhimmi17 View Post
            As-salamu alaykum,

I converted to Islam earlier today, and have since prayed -- or attempted to pray -- Maghrib and Isha. But because of physical issues -- I have bad knees and a bad back -- they both took me longer than it was supposed to and it was very painful. Is there something I can/should do to make it easier, or shall I just grin and bear it?

Also, I'm in need of my own Quran now. What translations would you all recommend, and why?
            wa alaikum salam rahmatulah wa barakatu brother welcome to the deen may Allah bless you though it
            you can pray sitting in a chair and nodding your head low for the bowing and prostrations, most of the masjids where i am from have elders sitting in chairs for the salaat. As for your second question i would recommend the sahih international version. Ask at your local mosque and they should be able to hook you up with a copy of the quran
            when i became a muslim i found this site very useful www.islamreligion.com they also have a live chat section where you can ask someone any questions you have about islam
            welcome again brother asalamu alaikum rahmatulah wa barakatu
            "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Why you call yourself dhimmi? When you become a muslim, you are no longer a dhimmi.

Comment

Working...
              X