Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice for a brother from sisters (who are mothers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice for a brother from sisters (who are mothers)

Surah Al Baqarah, Ayah 233 Translation (Sahih International)

''Mothers may breastfeed their children two complete years for whoever wishes to complete the nursing [period]. Upon the father is the mothers' provision and their clothing according to what is acceptable. No person is charged with more than his capacity. No mother should be harmed through her child, and no father through his child. And upon the [father's] heir is [a duty] like that [of the father]. And if they both desire weaning through mutual consent from both of them and consultation, there is no blame upon either of them. And if you wish to have your children nursed by a substitute, there is no blame upon you as long as you give payment according to what is acceptable. And fear Allah and know that Allah is Seeing of what you do.''

Comment

Originally posted by shazj View Post
      If your baby is steadily gaining weight then the baby is fine being exclusively breastfed. Take this from someone who had no choice but to introduce formula..for multiple reasons, we couldn't breastfeed. Since there was no milk being produced either, the baby developed jaundice and we had to introduce formula on day 2.

We can all sit here and comment on what is best for the baby and how formula is the devil, but you need to do what is best for your child so go by what is going on with your child's body. If there's steady weight gain, then there's no need for extra milk. How often are the baby's check ups?
      Thanks for the rep. Those who can't genuinely can't bf through no fault of their own are not to blame for giving their babies formula milk. They are not bad mothers, Alhamdulillah there are alternatives.

That doesn't negate the fact that bf is still best for those who can and most can as that is how Allah created us.
      Last edited by Umm_Hanzalah; 23-07-15, 08:08 PM.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

I never listened to my mothers advice when it came to my son, i breastfed my son until he was 10 months, no fomula needed. Baby drinks what they need and mother will produce enough so there really is no need for top ups.
        I really don't understand these people, i just don't know what to say :nonono:

Comment

.h

Comment

Working...
          X