My father annoys me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My father annoys me

Just leave it, his your father.. Where is the respect?
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Re: My father annoys me

Originally posted by ~Salma~ View Post
      You want to slap ur parent? Who do you think u are?

Spoilt brat.
      Don't call me spoil, I don't meant slapping, its just anger expression.

O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allah is a Better Protector to both. (4:135)

Comment

Originally posted by Muz1234 View Post
        :salams

Every night, whenever me and my parents, are in our own bedroom for night and sleep, I sleep upstairs, they sleep downstairs, my father always close this door downstairs, so hard. I keep wondering why does it have to be so loud? Should I just sprinkle of bismillah water on the door, because it is just so annoying every night. I do feel like reminding but I'm just afraid of bringing up about this topic.

At some point, I feel like slapping him on the face for this kind of stuff. May Allah S.W.T. protects me from such anger. I don't even make dua for my parents, because I don't really like them. Is it allow in Islam? I sometimes not make dua for forgiveness of my parents and just skip reading it in a dua book. Sometimes my inside just tell me, wait until one of them die, then make the dua. Do you think this is acceptable?

Jazakallah khair, for reading my post.

Wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

I advice you to make dua for your parents. They were chosen to be your parents by Allah Himself. This is your test, and is your goal not to please Allah azzawajal and enter His jannah by His mercy?
        Then you better stop showing Him that you want to go to jannah. Make dua for your parents to be maybe more understanding of you and so on. This is for your own benefit. Good luck.
        Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim. (O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.)

Comment

Originally posted by *Sweety* View Post
          At least your dad is still with you :(
          May Allah grant your father jannatul-firdaus. Ameen.
          Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim. (O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.)

Comment

Don't call me spoil, I don't meant slapping, its just anger expression.

O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allah is a Better Protector to both. (4:135)
            I agree that they are harsh on you. But just as your expression of anger is harsh in your mind (the thoughts you get when angry or frustrated at someone, whoever it may be), these sisters and brothers on this forum feel emotional when reading about being disrespectful towards ones parents. I hope you understand their feelings. They care about you, else they'd not try to advice you. And perhaps they get a little too emotional, but the topic hits close to home. We are commanded to respect our elders, and our parents, and give them their rights over us. Our job is to do what we can to earn the pleasure of our Lord, Allah Azzawajal. Surely if we get treated unfairly, at least if we did our part, it's really a win situation. But it does not stop there, because it isn't really a win situation any more when it is about ones parents. For surely you'd want them to please Allah Azzawajal. So try to remind them of the teachings of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). Not for your own sake, but to help them correct their ways.

So pray for them, and show them kindness, this is indeed a test for you. Why you are tested with this? Well ask yourself, is the test difficult? If yes, then you have your answer, if you think about it. Don't get insulted or hurt reading some of the comments. Just understand the intention of the people. And correct your intention towards the benfit of your parents. Just do your part that you have been commanded by Allah, and worry not about the rest, because Allah will sort that out on the day of judgement.

Comment

The door banging never stops, it just happened like 5 minutes ago, now it almost midnight, now its like 11.10 pm, 10 past 11. Should I recite a particular surah, blow it on water and sprinkle on the door? Ayatul kursi? It just like a devil possessed him when the door is being closed.
              Why is he banging the door like that? Is he angry with you? Try discussing with your dad why is he so angry, in that way you can change certain things that is making him feel like that and hopefully he will stop banging doors.
              Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by PantheraPardus View Post
                May Allah grant your father jannatul-firdaus. Ameen.
                Which father are you making dua and ameen here? Sweety's father?

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                Why is he banging the door like that? Is he angry with you? Try discussing with your dad why is he so angry, in that way you can change certain things that is making him feel like that and hopefully he will stop banging doors.
                Inshallah, I will try to understand why family household is being like this. Maybe it is the depression feeling. It has somehow become depressing living in this house, since I started failing college and universities since 2009, As I'm the only one of four siblings who is still studying and not graduate, as well as no job.

Also if one of my parents die, I also don't know what else to do, for getting money and so on. I keep praying to Allah S.W.T. to open up my rizq just for the hasana of this dunya and the hereafter.

Comment

I love my father so much to the point that it angered me when I heard the status of the husband, I nearly cried about it. But truly, within my heart, my father will always hold the highest place. You should love your dad for the sake of allah.

And allah knows best

Comment

Which father are you making dua and ameen here? Sweety's father?

Inshallah, I will try to understand why family household is being like this. Maybe it is the depression feeling. It has somehow become depressing living in this house, since I started failing college and universities since 2009, As I'm the only one of four siblings who is still studying and not graduate, as well as no job.

Also if one of my parents die, I also don't know what else to do, for getting money and so on. I keep praying to Allah S.W.T. to open up my rizq just for the hasana of this dunya and the hereafter.

Yes, her father.

Comment

At some point, I feel like slapping him on the face for this kind of stuff. May Allah S.W.T. protects me from such anger. I don't even make dua for my parents, because I don't really like them. Is it allow in Islam? I sometimes not make dua for forgiveness of my parents and just skip reading it in a dua book. Sometimes my inside just tell me, wait until one of them die, then make the dua. Do you think this is acceptable?
                      No it is not acceptable. I guess you are 14 years or something. One day you are going to regret these feelings and even writing this thread. If your parents get terminally ill and when they die, these feelings will never leave you and will eat you for your whole life.

Nobody is perfect, we all have annoying habits. Closing the door loudly is a much less bad habit than others.

Comment

The door banging never stops, it just happened like 5 minutes ago, now it almost midnight, now its like 11.10 pm, 10 past 11. Should I recite a particular surah, blow it on water and sprinkle on the door? Ayatul kursi? It just like a devil possessed him when the door is being closed.
                        Talk to him about it then I stead of stewing in ur anger.
                        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Working...
                        X