X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is wordly education useless?

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    ?.
    People get forced/coerced to do all sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
      seriously , they're not .....

well in pakistan they're not .... i mean like they're just copying every other foreign app and becoming millionaires.
      Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg both dropped out of Harvard

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
        People get forced/coerced to do all sorts.
        sometimes or they willingly give up the struggle and 'submit'

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        -------------------------------------------------------
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

sometimes or they willingly give up the struggle and 'submit'
          Yeah that's called being coerced.

Comment

ibn Taymiyyah rh used to spend his morning time in dhikr of Allah and when IBn qayyim rh asked him why he said that this is his energy/breakfast without it he will have no energy in the day

How can u do these types of things if u have to work from 8am to 5 pm or go to school

I remember reading how the so many of the Sahaba used to come to salat fajr with the wudu of salat Isha

It clearly shows which was a priority for them

Comment

Upto you. Are you forced into education? If no then quit and make dhikr ^

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                What you have to remember is that these particular types of college dropouts are dropouts through choice...they are very, very clever and most who start up these multi billion dollar business tend to come from the high end Uni's.

Entrepreneurship is nothing new, these folks are still small in number you still need the monkey's to turn these idea's into a fully fledged business.

I reckon Steve Jobs wishes he went to a doctor.
                I agree. You can find a few drop outs that did that, a very few. Most and vast majority, no. That is not their story.
                Last edited by Serada; 10-05-15, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peras1 View Post
                  Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg both dropped out of Harvard
                  Harvard, do you know how hard they worked in Harvard, one of the most elite colleges, and how hard they worked to get into that college, and how many classes they took while there? Bill gates spent 3 years in Harvard, so take that in consideration. He was not a simple high school graduate, or a common college drop out. I think the story is the same for Mark Zuckerberg.

For most and vast majority of drop outs becoming a multi-millionaire is not the picture.

I guess if you are some computer programming protagey you might get away with it.
                  Last edited by Serada; 10-05-15, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Useless? then stop going to doctors, eating fast food or food from supermarkets and riding in vehicles. These were all created by "useless wordly education". Enjoy walking everyplace you go and foraging for food.

Muslims aren't supposed to be ascetics. If you dont want a degree just learn a trade, you don't need to study for years on end to survive. but don't put down those who do or say that their work is "useless", because it isnt.

you can learn a non-degree trade while studying in an islamic university. it's win-win. your parents will get their degree and you will gain ilm.
                    I want your reflections on THIS Thread, please post!

The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki` Complaining about the weakness of his memory.He told him, "Abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light - And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel." [video]

Comment

no one can force you really to do something you don't want
                      thats what they all say.

Comment

Originally posted by Serada View Post
                        I agree. You can find a few drop outs that did that, a very few. Most and vast majority, no. That is not their story.
                        most company owners are drop outs , most employers hardly have any degree , just some o/a levels , etc and are making masters graduates work under them.

Comment

most company owners are drop outs , most employers hardly have any degree , just some o/a levels , etc and are making masters graduates work under them.
                          What companies are you talking about? The majority of successful companies in the world are run by degree holding ceos. For example IBM, Intel , Apple, Samsung, cisco etc. oh and these are only tech companies , let's not get to other categories.

Comment

Originally posted by .Singaporean View Post
                            What companies are you talking about? The majority of successful companies in the world are run by degree holding ceos. For example IBM, Intel , Apple, Samsung, cisco etc. oh and these are only tech companies , let's not get to other categories.
                            most pro athletes can't even read.

Comment

most pro athletes can't even read.
                              They may act that way, but vast majority were recruited in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
                                :salams

How important is it to 'be successful and get a good degree and get a good job'

Why do many Muslims have distorted view of success now a days.

I don't want to study.. I'm being honest. I don't need to know about thin layer chromatography or reactions of benzenes or magnetic fields. I won't be askrd about them on day of judgment. Instead I'll be asked about my deeds..
                                Due to these alevels (beneficial for this dunya), I've stopped learning arabic (beneficial for akhira), stopped reading tafsir books (beneficial for akhira), stopped watching lectures online (beneficial for akhira) because i simply don't have enough time! it's too difficult to juggle between everything..

Why shouldn't i get Islamic knowledge as compared to these sciences knowledge? why do i need to be launched into this world forcefully bearing a two penny worth engineering degree when i can very well immerse myself in study of this deen which will not only be beneficial for this world but also for hereafter!?

I just don't get it. Parents are pressurizing me from every angle to get good grades and 'be successful '

What success are they referring to? This two penny worth dunya success? I know we have to balance between dunya and akhira but why prioritize this world? So what if i get a B or a C? It's not the end of the world? I'll still get the degree even if i get a C?
                                Why are they forcing me to get top grades? Is this what i was made for? To study 10 hours a day without saying a single word? I don't get it!
                                Wa Alaikum Salam, Brother
                                You reminds me when I was in high school, but I don't ask too much.. :)
                                Study is sunnah, you can study anything and still rewarded (beneficial for akhira). Have you heard Ibnu Sina? Did you know Calculus is a Muslim name?
                                If it is "Lillahi ta a'la" you'll rewarded for everything you did. Everything. But don't forget lillahi ta a'la before do anything.
                                Example: I study chemical, before I read the book, I say this in my heart: I will study this subject "Lillahi ta ala".

Allahu Alam.

Comment

Working...
                                X