Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is wordly education useless?

Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
    Exactly. By saying that i should prioritize akhira, i meant that gaining knowledge of deen can help us counter shaytaan.
    And that can be done whilst studying other stuff as well.

We learn as we grow :insha:

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I'll say again I'm not against wordly education. That's stupid indeed. What i meant was in my alevels degree, it's not much of a difference if you get An A* or a B or a C. Universities give you admission anyway. So the time spent in studying to get an A* can be utilized for other purposes like learning arabic or reading classical book, and it's kind of like a win win situation for me.

Hope i made it clear
      Put your effort in it. Be grateful that you have free education (for the most part). Get the A* or whatever. We are supposed to put all of our effort in what we do and to do it properly. Ihsaan is the word i believe. Even if it is something like doing the dishes, we have to wash the dishes properly with effort. If it is hoovering then we hoover with ihsaan. Same thing here. That's an awful mentality to have. If you can get the best grade then by all means work hard for it.

Take some practical measurements now or make a plan or something to also be learning about the deen. You will :insha: find that balance. Could be coz of the exams and whatnot atm but dont use that as a cop-out to not put your effort in and dont use the expressions expressed here to not work hard for your a-levels or revise hard now.

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

you need both

Comment

I'll say again I'm not against wordly education. That's stupid indeed. What i meant was in my alevels degree, it's not much of a difference if you get An A* or a B or a C. Universities give you admission anyway. So the time spent in studying to get an A* can be utilized for other purposes like learning arabic or reading classical book, and it's kind of like a win win situation for me.

Hope i made it clear
          better grades means you can get to better universities

Comment

I don't want anyone to get a bad impression of me. I'm not stupid, just couldn't control my thoughts at that point.

Of course i believe worldly education is necessary, BUT TO SOME EXTENT.

One shouldn't cram himself with Biology books for all night when there are other better things to do...
            So doc, you say I am having a problem with my spleen, in that case why are you looking at my kidney? Please nurse, hold this book I need to refer to this page while I do this Appendicitis operation.

Comment

Sounds like you would rather go out and play syndrome, with a side of what do my parents know.

Keep in mind you pull good grades you go to college for free or greatly reduced amounts on grants and such that you do not have to pay back on. Student loans and the interest to those loans.

Comment

some people like to become doctors , other into IT , some just like sports ...

the problem here is , paki parents make us , let me rephrase that , paki parents FORCE their kids to become doctors , engineers , etc , etc , ..

and tbh , most of those idiots making apps nowadays and snapchats or whatever are college dropouts , its the age of entrepreneurs , no1 likes working for some1 , every1 wants to be their own boss ...

its this employee mentality u all have that makes u weak and futile , running after A's and CGPA's ....

bill gates says there was this kid in his class who was better at him in everything in school , now that guy works for him .....

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post

the problem here is , paki parents make us , let me rephrase that , paki parents FORCE their kids to become doctors , engineers , etc , etc , ..

and tbh , most of those idiots making apps nowadays and snapchats or whatever are college dropouts , its the age of entrepreneurs , no1 likes working for some1 , every1 wants to be their own boss ...

its this employee mentality u all have that makes u weak and futile , running after A's and CGPA's ....

bill gates says there was this kid in his class who was better at him in everything in school , now that guy works for him .....
                  What you have to remember is that these particular types of college dropouts are dropouts through choice...they are very, very clever and most who start up these multi billion dollar business tend to come from the high end Uni's.

Entrepreneurship is nothing new, these folks are still small in number you still need the monkey's to turn these idea's into a fully fledged business.

I reckon Steve Jobs wishes he went to a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                    What you have to remember is that these particular types of college dropouts are dropouts through choice...they are very, very clever and most who start up these multi billion dollar business tend to come from the high end Uni's.

Entrepreneurship is nothing new, these folks are still small in number you still need the monkey's to turn these idea's into a fully fledged business.

I reckon Steve Jobs wishes he went to a doctor.
                    seriously , they're not .....

well in pakistan they're not .... i mean like they're just copying every other foreign app and becoming millionaires.

Comment

no one can force you really to do something you don't want

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

seriously , they're not .....

well in pakistan they're not .... i mean like they're just copying every other foreign app and becoming millionaires.
                        Yeah well Pakistan is special, exploiting a new market is a skill in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                          no one can force you really to do something you don't want
                          Is that in general or specific to education? Because if it's general I know a few people who are in some unhappy marriages...

Comment

Is that in general or specific to education? Because if it's general I know a few people who are in some unhappy marriages...
                            in general(-ish)

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                              in general(-ish)
                              In that case I know of some unhappy-ish marriages.

Comment

In that case I know of some unhappy-ish marriages.
                                ?.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                                بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Working...
                                X